Next to Rita's Charlotte Hall

KDENISE977

Been there a few times, nothing wrong with it. Good food and good service. No, it's not 4 or 5 star dining :coffee:

Exactly, it'll do in a pinch, but it's far from something you can actually look forward to eating. I've eaten there 4 times and never overly impressed and husband, who LOVES mexican, is downright dissappointed.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Exactly, it'll do in a pinch, but it's far from something you can actually look forward to eating. I've eaten there 4 times and never overly impressed and husband, who LOVES mexican, is downright dissappointed.

I think its one of the better mexican places in the area, much better than places like chevys and the mexican place in white plains.

KDENISE977

I think its one of the better mexican places in the area, much better than places like chevys and the mexican place in white plains.

No way Jose !!! IMO Chevys is MUCH better. Although, truth be told, I've only eaten AT the restaurant once and had to take the entire meal home (screaming kid and all) The other times it was carry out and it wasn't good at all. I mean, even a simple taco that my husband had was "meh" at best.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I went to a holiday party that was hosted in a private room at the Gaylord Hotel and was served a 5 course meal over almost 3 hours. It was nice but IMO it was a waste of money to spend thousands of dollars to feed 25 people. I could have done so much rescue work with just a fraction of that money. I appreciate that the hosts of the party were trying to show their employees a good time and let them see how the wealthy folks live, but most there felt the same as me (money being wasted) and wished they had part of the money in the form of a cash bonus in their paycheck instead of eating hundreds of $$ in food for dinner.

Lots of high priced goings on at the Gaylord for sure! Maybe I'm just meant to be a down home country gal amid the critters?

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
No way Jose !!! IMO Chevys is MUCH better. Although, truth be told, I've only eaten AT the restaurant once and had to take the entire meal home (screaming kid and all) The other times it was carry out and it wasn't good at all. I mean, even a simple taco that my husband had was "meh" at best.

And here comes that old argument of chain vs local restaurant. We tried Chevys on two different occasions and we were not impressed with the food or the service. The handler and I have been to Tequila Grill quite a few different times and never been dissapointed. Its personal preference.

KDENISE977

And here comes that old argument of chain vs local restaurant. We tried Chevys on two different occasions and we were not impressed with the food or the service. The handler and I have been to Tequila Grill quite a few different times and never been dissapointed. Its personal preference.

I also had better service at Chevy's (believe it or not) . But, all and all I would ALWAYS prefer a local restaurant over a chain. St. Mary's Landing is not what I'd consider a good example. :barf:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
I also had better service at Chevy's (believe it or not) . But, all and all I would ALWAYS prefer a local restaurant over a chain. St. Mary's Landing is not what I'd consider a good example. :barf:

We ate at La Tolteca in PR Frederick once with Bann and FH. The food was good and service was good, plus they serve a huge draft beer. I will try them again when I am over that way.

KDENISE977

We ate at La Tolteca in PR Frederick once with Bann and FH. The food was good and service was good, plus they serve a huge draft beer. I will try them again when I am over that way.

I'll for sure try that place when we get our bi-annual dinner out w/o the kid :buddies:

Its going to be a Verizon store.

Just tried the Foxy Fish last night, it wasnt bad at all. Everyone in our group was pleased with the order. I had the fried oyster basket, wife had the crab cake sandwich and the other 3 with us all had the seafood platter.
I'll go back again.:buddies:
Actual Verizon store or "Verizon Authorized Retailer" store? Isn't/wasn't there a VAR next to April's Pools?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Yup ! There sure was, one day I noticed a few months ago it was cleared out :shrug: no idea what happened to it??

There was also a VAR next to Hollywood Papa Johns that didn't last long either. Well, when this new one closes we can quickly fill it with another liquor or dollar store or Chinese to go joint.

There was also one next to the Tequila Grill in Charlotte Hall and guess what? It's now a liquor store! :killingme

Last edited:
Verizon has such poor customer service overall, that I am surprised they haven't lost more customers than they have.
I have had nothing but good customer service from Verizon. I just got a new phone on 1/31. Got it from Verizon in Cali. Had a very pleasant experience. Very good customer service. Especially when you consider that I kept them there past closing time.

Wife's phone was eligible for upgrade, mine was not. Upgraded my phone, using her upgrade, switched my old phone to being son's phone in place of his old phone (which was mine first). Transferred all the info on my phone to the new phone (except the calendar, which I found out too late to recover, will have to re-populate the calendar).

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have had nothing but good customer service from Verizon. I just got a new phone on 1/31. Got it from Verizon in Cali. Had a very pleasant experience. Very good customer service. Especially when you consider that I kept them there past closing time.

Wife's phone was eligible for upgrade, mine was not. Upgraded my phone, using her upgrade, switched my old phone to being son's phone in place of his old phone (which was mine first). Transferred all the info on my phone to the new phone (except the calendar, which I found out too late to recover, will have to re-populate the calendar).

Sorry I should had said the folks you call for billing service on Land Line accounts. I wasn't try to cut down the face-to-face folks. I should have been more specific about MY experience and the ratings I've seen online about Verizon having a bad record resolving customer billing complaints.

OldHillcrestGuy

:yay::yay: Been to Chevys once and wont go back. Im with you slotpuppy one of the better Mexican places around and prices very reasonable.

ginwoman

We went once and were not impressed. Not saying we won't try again. Maybe they have good margaritas??