NFL enters an era of no salary cap

BuddyLee

Football addict
OT Tony Pashos: The 49ers will sit down with Pashos' agent at the scouting combine. Pashos has said in the past that he wants to start. The 49ers, meanwhile, are expected to draft an offensive tackle this year. In addition, Pashos' long-time offensive line coach, Chris Foerster, is now in Washington and this is expected to be a weak market for all players, including offensive tackles. The Redskins need offensive linemen, they have deeper pockets than the 49ers and they have Pashos' offensive line coach. All signs point to him playing in D.C

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...ree-age-1.html

Beta84

They're out to get us
I don't see the Fins signing Pennington. He's solid, but they have Henne, Thigpen (?), and White. Those guys are "good enough" to develop and work with. But we'll see.

As for Peppers, ESPN sounds pretty convinced that he's a done deal to the BEARS, not the Skins.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I don't see the Fins signing Pennington. He's solid, but they have Henne, Thigpen (?), and White. Those guys are "good enough" to develop and work with. But we'll see.
I've only seen Miami interested...so far.

As for Peppers, ESPN sounds pretty convinced that he's a done deal to the BEARS, not the Skins.
Thank God!:yahoo:

The Skins weren't ever interested apparently.

Via Maese...

RT @LarryWeisman: Redskins not chasing Julius Peppers. Asked Bruce Allen if the club called the free agent DE: "No, we didn't."
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
:lmao:

Twas the night before free agency and all thru Skins Nation,
Not a Skins fan was sleeping due to great anticipation.
Soon old Danny Claus will be writing more checks,
Signing new players to fix another train wreck,

As Skins fans awake they dash down the stairs,
Checking the ESPN ticker to see who is now theirs,
It's Peppers, It's Dansby, It's Robinson and Sproles,
Five new offensive linemen to fill all of our holes.

As I jump up and down in front of my wife and kids,
They look at me as if I've flipped my lid.
I then run to my closet to dust off my Skins hat,
The pride of being a Redskins fan has instantly come back.

:roflmao:

Laveranues Coles and Lito Sheppard released from the Jets.

Yeah...but they got Antonio Cromartie. :rolleyes:

BuddyLee said:
Jake Delhomme sobbing at his press conference upon being released. :lol:

I have to admit, this move really surprised me. But then again, I think there's gonna be a lot of surprises in the coming days.

BuddyLee

Football addict
sexy Rexy!

Also -- Peppers signed with Da Bearz. I'm surprised the Skins didn't go after him. Karlos Dansby is in Miami right now. I hope he sticks around. :clap:
I think I speak for most Skins fans in saying that we're glad we didn't.

Besides, we already have Carter and Orakpo, each of whom surpassed Peppers sack total last season.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Pennington signs with Miami.

:doh: at least they picked up Dansby too. That should be a big pickup. And they cut Joey Porter, Gibril Wilson, and Akin Ayodele (to be replaced by Dansby). :clap:

So the Packers resigned Clifton?

angelbaby

Redskins signed an O-lineman

Redskins make 1st FA signing, add OL Artis Hicks

03/06/2010 08:27 PM ET By JOSEPH WHITE (AP)

WASHINGTON -The Washington Redskins have signed their first free agent of 2010, addressing their thin offensive line by adding Artis Hicks.

Hicks signed a three-year deal Saturday that could be worth as much as $9 million.

Hicks can play guard or tackle, and the Redskins need both following the retirement of left tackle Chris Samuels and the release of right guard Randy Thomas. He has spent the last four seasons with Minnesota but has mainly been a backup, starting only 13 games over the last three years.

:yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
one man's junk is another man's treasure, i suppose
We could put a cardboard cut out up front and still be better than last year.

Hicks is pretty decent though.

Hicks entered the league as a left tackle. He only reluctantly learned to play left guard, then right guard and right tackle in an attempt to improve and extend his career. And after eight seasons in the NFL, Hicks believes he made a wise move.

"You can't win in this league if you don't have a good offensive line, and not only a good offensive line, you've got to have a good offensive line that has good depth," Hicks said. "You have to have guys who can step in and play a lot of different positions and the line won't miss a beat.

"And I think that was one of the things that attracted them [the Redskins] to me, is that I can play four out of the five spots. They know that I can step in and keep things rolling right ahead, as well as be a starter in this league. My versatility . . . that's one of the things that's helped me play in this league for eight years now."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030702916.html

Last edited:

angelbaby

Redskins sign a defensive player....

Redskins sign Maake Kemoeatu

The Washington Redskins have beefed up their new 3-4 defense with the signing of a beefy defensive lineman.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that former Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu signed a two-year, $7 million deal with the Redskins.

When Kemoeatu's visit with the Redskins was first reported, it didn't look like a signing was close because Kemoeatu isn't close to being completely recovered from the torn Achilles' tendon that cost him the entire 2009 season. But apparently the Redskins are satisfied that Kemoeatu is on the road to recovery.

The 31-year-old Kemoeatu played for the Ravens from 2002 to 2005 and the Panthers from 2006 to 2008. He is listed at 345 pounds but is likely bigger than that, and recent reports have suggested that his goal during rehab was to stay under 370.

:coffee: