NFL Players Arrested Every 7 Days On Average

Chris0nllyn

His supporters love him for the fact that he doesn't just quietly take it up the ass like his predecessors have done all for the sake of harmony.

When he mouths off at North Korea or at the U.N. he is saying what a lot of people have always wanted SOMEONE to say, but for some reason, they feel it is un-statesmanlike to say it.
Meanwhile, his detractors get to call him Stalin and Hitler and the press gets to call him worse.
For some reason, people get all offended when - after calling him a racist and Hitler and a white supremacist, they get all butthurt and run to the press when he punches back.

When I was younger, I would TAKE a punch from someone smaller and weaker than me, partly because I considered it wrong.
(Also, partly because they invariably had someone on their side that would follow up with a REAL beating should I retaliate).
How I wish I'd bloodied their nose and told them go tell your brother, cousin or anyone else to bring it on if you try it again.
Because instead of it showing I took the high road, it turned out it was open season on me by every kid in school.
Because I took the high road - I got the sh*t kicked out of me every day by every kid imaginable and the teachers just shrugged, because they weren't able to do anything - or were unwilling.

THAT is how *I* feel about Trump. Instead of "taking the high road" he's stopped doing what other Republicans have done and kicked the crap out of them back.
Who DOESN'T think the UN is a goddamned waste of money that NEVER stops wars or keeps the peace?
Who DOESN'T think that North Korea is run by crazed lunatics who need to be put down?
Who DOESN'T think Iran is out of control and should never, ever be near a nuclear weapon?
Who DOESN'T think we should be straight about China - who clearly needs us more than we need them - and have used North Korea as a way of sticking it to us quietly?
Why instead have past Presidents just quietly gone along with it all?

There's a huge difference in not taking ####, and being a loud mouth idiot. "Speak softly and carry a big stick"? We are the United States of America, with perpetual wars everywhere, tons of debt, and his supporters are cheering his pissing match with Kim Jong-Un.

Taking the high road means accepting losing some battles, with the expectation of winning the war. Public perception should NOT drive international politics.

Got to admit, it's supremely creepy when they do a montage of these guys on TV **ALL** using the same phrases.

You *might* get the idea they're not thinking for themselves.

I'll take your word for it as I haven't been following player statements.

I'm talking about Vrai and I's discussions. Simply sharing the same sentiments of others is immediately cast aside as not thinking for one's self. Regardless of any sort of supplemental information/homework/background information, discussion is ignored because of preconceived notions about that other person.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Um, what does Ray Lewis tweeting about Kaepernick have to do with this? The story you linked was from Sept.6. If that's the thing that supposedly set everyone off, why'd they all wait 3 weekend of football to do anything?

Because it didn't have to do with Ray Lewis, or Kaepernick's girlfriend ruining her boyfriend's chances at getting a job.

It has to do with Trump's comments. Why did the team statements I linked earlier reference "Trump's comments"? Why are players talking about Trump's comments? Why did almost everyone kneel/lock arms/etc. the weekend after Trump's speech?

Still waiting on that awesome news source you have that shows Trump being asked about it.

And PS, changing the subject won't work with me. You said the story was dead and Trump revived it. I disputed that and showed you proof that indeed it was still going quite strong and Trump didn't just pull his comments out of the blue. Now you're trying to change the subject and pretend that my response to you is invalid because you hate being wrong and ignorant and shown that you talk out your ass about things you have no information about because you consume biased incomplete media that tells you only what you want to hear.

Chris0nllyn

FAIL. Go back and read the story, then comment on what it actually reports, not just what the voices in your head imagine it reports.

Will a quote help you?
Ray Lewis said the Baltimore Ravens chose not to sign Colin Kaepernick after the quarterback's girlfriend posted a "racist" tweet featuring the former All-Pro linebacker and owner Steve Bisciotti.
'

Again, unless you linked the wrong story, this story is from weeks ago. No players mention it, no team or league statements mention it. They mention Trump and his statement.

Now, the only thing I can think of, and at this point I'm trying to figure out what's in your mind, is the one sentence that reitterated something we all already knew:
Kaepernick drew national attention last season when he knelt during the national anthem before games as a protest of social injustice, which he said he will no longer do in 2017.

Not sure what that, or this story has to do with anything other than trying to deflect and change the subject.

Where's the question Trump was asked which prompted his statements at his rally in Alabama 4 days ago?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll take your word for it as I haven't been following player statements.

Nor, apparently, do you follow the MSM because *they* all say the same thing in the exact same language as well. Then the little social media tards repeat those talking points verbatim.

You really need to get up to speed before you start with your, "Nuh uh!" nonsense.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Will a quote help you?

Wait for it...

If I need to hold your hand and tell you that Ray Lewis didn't do the tweeting, as you stated, and that K's girlfriend was the twit, you need to go back to elementary school for some remedial reading help.

But now you're just stupid and posting asinine comments to provoke a fight, which I have no interest in. Perhaps if you'd lay off the smokage you'd have a clearer mind.

Chris0nllyn

And PS, changing the subject won't work with me. You said the story was dead and Trump revived it. I disputed that and showed you proof that indeed it was still going quite strong and Trump didn't just pull his comments out of the blue. Now you're trying to change the subject and pretend that my response to you is invalid because you hate being wrong and ignorant and shown that you talk out your ass about things you have no information about because you consume biased incomplete media that tells you only what you want to hear.

:lol: Yea, still waiting on that question while you accuse me of changign the subject.

What I said, had you paid a lick of attention:
I buried my grandfather at Cheltenham a few months ago. I understand and respect the flag myself, but also understand that he fought in war to protect everyone's rights to do what they are doing. If the owners and league don't care, why is everyone so pissy about the fact they these people (however arrogant and ####ty they are) don't share their same opinions?

Because we are a hive mind. We can't think for ourselves.

Regardless of that, I'm not quite following what you're saying. This, like most other "issues" in our current time, blow up for maybe a month, a few months, a year, then what? They fizzle out. Trump's penchant for making a mountain out of a molehill is what brought this new spat on. Him mentioning owners is why owners were on the field, kneeling with the players.

Trump can't keep his mouth shut and his supporters love him for it. But make no mistake, that's why there was such wide-spread kneeling/protesting/whatever you want to call it this weekend.
http://forums.somd.com/threads/3239...s-On-Average?p=5809542&viewfull=1#post5809542

I never said it was dead, and I know I mentioned that only a handful of players were continuing what Kaepernick started and kneeling because of perceived racial injustice in this country. I also said that going from a few payers to almost the entire league, owners and coaches included is NOT because of Kaepernick, but Trump's comments.

Trump's comments that apparently came as a response to a quesiton. That's what you told me. To which you said to "change up your news venues, since it appears you're not actually getting any, um, news."

Chris0nllyn

Wait for it...

If I need to hold your hand and tell you that Ray Lewis didn't do the tweeting, as you stated, and that K's girlfriend was the twit, you need to go back to elementary school for some remedial reading help.

But now you're just stupid and posting asinine comments to provoke a fight, which I have no interest in. Perhaps if you'd lay off the smokage you'd have a clearer mind.

You are correct. I mistakenly said Lewis tweeted. He did not.

I also said that Kaepernick's girlfriend ruined his chances at another job. That is true, no?

Regardless, we're talking about something that doesn't matter and has no bearing on this past weekend. For some reason this is a point you can;t seem to wrap your head around.

Chris0nllyn

Nor, apparently, do you follow the MSM because *they* all say the same thing in the exact same language as well. Then the little social media tards repeat those talking points verbatim.

You really need to get up to speed before you start with your, "Nuh uh!" nonsense.

:lol:
I'm the one that needs to get up to speed? You don't even know why they're kneeling.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You don't even know why they're kneeling.

Hello? *They* don't even know why they're kneeling. Supposedly it's to protest racial inequality, yet not one of them can explain how disrespecting the whole country and everything it stands for is an appropriate way to express that.

And for multimillionaires who do nothing more than play a game to be crying about "injustice"...really?

Chris0nllyn

Hello? *They* don't even know why they're kneeling. Supposedly it's to protest racial inequality, yet not one of them can explain how disrespecting the whole country and everything it stands for is an appropriate way to express that.

And for multimillionaires who do nothing more than play a game to be crying about "injustice"...really?

Many of them came out and said it was the President's comments that drove them to kneel.

Still waiting on that question....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Many of them came out and said it was the President's comments that drove them to kneel.

Oh please. If Donald Trump can force 300 lb football players to their knees simply by expressing an opinion, you all might as well give up now because he's the most powerful human that ever lived.

Still waiting on that question....

Try holding your breath.

Chris0nllyn

Oh please. If Donald Trump can force 300 lb football players to their knees simply by expressing an opinion, you all might as well give up now because he's the most powerful human that ever lived.

Try holding your breath.

He can make people vote for him by expressing an opinion. Football player's opinions led us to ump-teen threads about it.

But, yea it's totally out of the realm of possibility his opinion caused people to react a certain way. Opinions have never done that in the history of time. :bigwhoop:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But, yea it's totally out of the realm of possibility his opinion caused people to react a certain way.

Trump didn't *cause* them to do anything. They *chose* to do what they did. They could have reacted a number of different ways, but they *chose* to thumb their noses like little children and disrespect their country and piss off their fans.

luvmygdaughters

:yeahthat:

luvmygdaughters

He can make people vote for him by expressing an opinion. Football player's opinions led us to ump-teen threads about it.

But, yea it's totally out of the realm of possibility his opinion caused people to react a certain way. Opinions have never done that in the history of time. :bigwhoop:

From what I've seen and watched, it would appear the majority of the NFL watching public, agrees with what Trump said. People are turning in season tickets, burning jerseys, throwing away memorabila, etc. It would appear the public is trying to make a statement to the NFL, if you don't appreciate this country and the rights it gives you, than you are free to break your contract, move to another country who treats its citizens better than we treat ours(in your opinion) and play ball there!! Of course you may lose your sponsorship contracts, which pays millions, your $100,000.00 cars, your mansions, your designer clothing, etc. but hey!! You would never live in a country that you could not respect...right????

Chris0nllyn

Trump didn't *cause* them to do anything. They *chose* to do what they did. They could have reacted a number of different ways, but they *chose* to thumb their noses like little children and disrespect their country and piss off their fans.

Sure, if you want to battle semantics. Trump did not force them to do anything (not a point anyone has made, but not that that matters any).

All I've been saying is that the players, owners, and league did this because of what Trump said. Imagine what we'd be discussing if he'd have told that group of people in Alabama to stop asking all those questions so he wouldn't have to put in his $0.02.

From what I've seen and watched, it would appear the majority of the NFL watching public, agrees with what Trump said. People are turning in season tickets, burning jerseys, throwing away memorabila, etc. It would appear the public is trying to make a statement to the NFL, if you don't appreciate this country and the rights it gives you, than you are free to break your contract, move to another country who treats its citizens better than we treat ours(in your opinion) and play ball there!! Of course you may lose your sponsorship contracts, which pays millions, your $100,000.00 cars, your mansions, your designer clothing, etc. but hey!! You would never live in a country that you could not respect...right????

Viewership was down, a worker quit his 20 year (I believe) career with the Bills due to it, people are burning jerseys, turning in tickets, etc. but they do this all the time. Come talk to me in December and let me know how this whole thing is going. Short term is one thing, but if we want to make a change or voice our opinion, it's got to belong term.

Hijinx

I hope you get something, anything out of it. Not sure what your litmus test is for doing "great", but if you believe he's doing great, that's your choice.

I've yet to see anything he's done to help us little guys out.

A majority of them are doing this because Trump opened his big mouth again.

There's a reason they are kneeling AND have their hand over their chest. Team owners, coaches, and players all knelt, and this only happened after Trump said:

Prior to his speech in Alabama, only a handful of players continued what Kaepernick started last year. Michael Bennett, Malcolm Jenkins, and a bunch (12) of Browns players (Jamie Collins, Seth DeValve, Duke Johnson, Kenny Britt, Ricardo Louis, Terrence Magee, Calvin Pryor, Jamar Taylor, Isaiah Crowell, Jabrill Peppers, and Christian Kirksey) were some of the ones to kneel prior to Trump's comments.

The President essentially called anyone who feels a different way (regarding the flag/kneeling) a "son of a bitch", and the players and league ran with it. It's a lot easier to rally around the perceived disrespect by the President than anything else, and that's what happened.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/23/...rs-reactions-national-anthem-protests-twitter

Team statements can be found here (you'll notice some references to Trump's comments):
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/9/24/16357560/trump-nfl-boycott-statements-anthem

This forum is a group of people who supposedly believe in rights of other people, as long as it's done the way YOU want it done. 20 posts on how there is NO RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH AT YOUR WORKPLACE, while everyone seemingly ignores the fact that both the league and teams are on board with this. I've seen complaints that that "isn't the right time to protest", as if one's individual protest has to conform to anyone else's schedule or placate anyone else's feelings.

We certainly know your views on Mr. Trump You have expressed them often enough.

By the way you are also guilty of wanting things your way. That is why you cry so hard and so often about Trump.
I think the ball players have every right to kill their own economy. The sooner the better.
With about 12% of American that are black and 73% of football players are black and making millions what are they crying about?
If anything white players should be crying.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All I've been saying is that the players, owners, and league did this because of what Trump said.

Right. Trump said, "You kneelers are a bunch of unpatriotic disrespectful moes," and they said, "Wha?? Well, we'll show you!" And proceeded to be even more unpatriotic and disrespectful. That sounds super logical and very mature. :yay: