NFL Takes A Knee ....

black dog

Free America
baaaaa....baaaa....baaaa

The President of the United States publicly advised owners of private businesses to fire their employees for exercising their rights as Americans. (Do any of you "patriots" understand what that means?)

As disgusting as it is, every American in every stadium should have taken a knee. THAT is the America our military fights for. Our military exists to preserve our freedoms remember? It does not exist to create a monochrome, monotone citizenry that you people seem to want.

People should stand for the National Anthem because they want to not because they are forced to.

What Freedom of Speech at Work???? Not a Chance, Not during workie time.
Employees don't have a Constitutional right to free speech or freedom of expression at work. The Constitution's right to free speech only applies when the government is trying to restrict it. Even then, it's not absolute. ... So employers are generally free to restrict employee speech, at least while they are at work.

Do you think you have Freedom of Speech while you serve in the Armed Services?

Weems

What Freedom of Speech at Work???? Not a Chance, Not during workie time.
Employees don't have a Constitutional right to free speech or freedom of expression at work. The Constitution's right to free speech only applies when the government is trying to restrict it. Even then, it's not absolute. ... So employers are generally free to restrict employee speech, at least while they are at work.

So why aren't team owners firing them? Could it possibly be because there is no rule requiring players to stand during the Anthem?

This_person

The NFL Code of Conduct doesn't require a player to stand during the National Anthem.

As I say, it would need to be argued. The first two paragraphs of the code of conduct read as follows:

NFL said:
Personal Conduct Policy​
All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid “conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League.” This requirement applies to players, coaches, other team employees, owners, game officials and all others privileged to work in the National Football League.

For many years, it has been well understood that rules promoting lawful, ethical, and responsible conduct serve the interests of the League, its players, and fans. Illegal or irresponsible conduct does more than simply tarnish the offender. It puts innocent people at risk, sullies the reputation of others involved in the game, and undermines public respect and support for the NFL.

What good American would say that this conduct is not detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the NFL? That would be a pretty easy argument to make (that it has resulted in that), don't you think?

black dog

Free America
So why aren't team owners firing them? Could it possibly be because there is no rule requiring players to stand during the Anthem?

I would garner to say that the owners are as left as the players that are kneeling. Its looking like the owners at this point approve of this behavior or possibly dont want to shake the black money tree.
The funniest part is,I wish they would interview some of these kneeling players on National News about why they are doing this, so the mumbling non intelligent thoughts and ramblings of these intercity ghetto elites could be heard by all.
Lets just see what the NFL fans do over the next few weeks of it being on the news and social media.

Weems

As I say, it would need to be argued. The first two paragraphs of the code of conduct read as follows:

What good American would say that this conduct is not detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the NFL? That would be a pretty easy argument to make (that it has resulted in that), don't you think?

Sounds like a "no true Scotsman" logical fallacy you're making with the "good American" bit. What is a "good American"? Is there a specific definition I can reference? I pay my taxes, I vote, serve on juries, donate time and money to causes important to me. But I couldn't care less if these players stand or not. Am I a "good American" or something other than a "good American"?

Like I said, if it is against the rules or in violation of one or more of their contract provisions, there should be no "arguing" the matter involved. Terminate for cause. End of story.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
People, I agree, should stand because they want to, not because they are forced to.

.... if part of the opening ceremony and your JOB is to stand there on the field, you stand there on the field ....

otherwise remove the opening ceremony and players can just wander down the tunnel to the benches

black dog

Free America
Sounds like a "no true Scotsman" logical fallacy you're making with the "good American" bit. What is a "good American"? Is there a specific definition I can reference? I pay my taxes, I vote, serve on juries, donate time and money to causes important to me. But I couldn't care less if these players stand or not. Am I a "good American" or something other than a "good American"?

Like I said, if it is against the rules or in violation of one or more of their contract provisions, there should be no "arguing" the matter involved. Terminate for cause. End of story.

Whats a Good American you ask? One that lives the simple words that we all learned in 1st grade while standing next to our desks.
The Pledge of Allegiance.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The funniest part is,I wish they would interview some of these kneeling players on National News about why they are doing this, so the mumbling non intelligent thoughts and ramblings of these intercity ghetto elites could be heard by all.

That's the part that gets me...I've heard nothing ever articulated from any of them as to the specific reasons for their protest actions and what their goals for "change" are. BLM was founded on complete and utter lies....this just looks like an extension of that nonsense.

Restitution

The problem with all of this kneeling or sitting out the National Anthem business is that the real message is totally lost! No one is talking about the racial inequality aspect of it at all. The focus is on the drama!

If these "protesters" really want to make a difference, they would organize community events and awareness through their community using their vast resources. Do some commercials or something! Kneeling during the game is NOT raising awareness. It is only causing more drama and detracting from their cause.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I long for the good ole days..

taking a knee.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Its looking like the owners at this point approve of this behavior or possibly dont want to shake the black money tree.

:confused:

Black Money Tree :shrug:

are you talking players or fans ...
at 13% of the population for blacks, I'm thinking there are more white fans

Weems

The problem with all of this kneeling or sitting out the National Anthem business is that the real message is totally lost! No one is talking about the racial inequality aspect of it at all. The focus is on the drama!

The NFL is an entertainment enterprise so it makes sense there is an element of drama.

black dog

Free America
That's the part that gets me...I've heard nothing ever articulated from any of them as to the specific reasons for their protest actions and what their goals for "change" are. BLM was founded on complete and utter lies....this just looks like an extension of that nonsense.

They couldn't explain it any more than one of those ghetto genius's explaining how a thermos keeps cold things cold and hot things hot.

black dog

Free America
:confused:

Black Money Tree :shrug:

are you talking players or fans ...
at 13% of the population for blacks, I'm thinking there are more white fans

Players... Its like rap music, If the white folks stopped buying it and quit going to the concerts it would die a quicker death than Tupac and Biggie.

Last edited:

Weems

Not if that drama is costing you revenue in the form of less fans at the games and less merchandise being sold due to unhappy fans.

The NFL will be just fine.

People are talking lots about boycotts, and some probably will. But it will have little to no effect.

This_person

Well, the argument wouldn't be that you, personally, have an issue. The argument would be that there is a demonstrated lack of public support for their kneeling for the Anthem, and that it is causing a loss of public confidence in the NFL, and is demonstrated to be detrimental to the public's view of the integrity of ALL NFL players and the industry as a whole, not just these individuals.

See, that's why clauses like this are written - to allow to be implemented in unforeseen circumstances. The fact that the discussion is happening and there is a clear drop in the public's attention on the sport, and there are a plethora of articles written by a plethora of source types suggesting this is an issue for the NFL ipso facto makes it an issue for the NFL.

Thus, they are violating the code of conduct. It's a pretty easy argument to make when you stick to the subject.