NFL Takes A Knee ....

terbear1225

The problem with all of this kneeling or sitting out the National Anthem business is that the real message is totally lost! No one is talking about the racial inequality aspect of it at all. The focus is on the drama!

If these "protesters" really want to make a difference, they would organize community events and awareness through their community using their vast resources. Do some commercials or something! Kneeling during the game is NOT raising awareness. It is only causing more drama and detracting from their cause.

Tried to make this exact point on facebook. Was pretty much blown off by those I said it to.

This_person

Whats a Good American you ask? One that lives the simple words that we all learned in 1st grade while standing next to our desks.
The Pledge of Allegiance.

If you're making the Libertarian argument against demonstration of loyalty to country and flag, I get the argument against it. I disagree, but I get it.

I believe myself to be patriotic and loyal to my country. It's not all right all the time, but I find the best way to "fix" it is to work within the rules. That said, I fully support peaceful protest, and I equally fully support peaceful counter-protest. I far prefer someone take a knee in silence to throwing molotov cocktails at innocent bystanders. Equally, it is well within the rights of the organizations paying, and the entities buying, to not buy and not pay for this protest.

nutz

baaaaa....baaaa....baaaa

The President of the United States publicly advised owners of private businesses to fire their employees for exercising their rights as Americans. (Do any of you "patriots" understand what that means?)

As disgusting as it is, every American in every stadium should have taken a knee. THAT is the America our military fights for. Our military exists to preserve our freedoms remember? It does not exist to create a monochrome, monotone citizenry that you people seem to want.

People should stand for the National Anthem because they want to not because they are forced to.

Stop spouting off #### you know nothing about.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thus, they are violating the code of conduct. It's a pretty easy argument to make when you stick to the subject.

That. There is an amazing array of behaviors that owners or the NFL have decided will result in fines because they hurt, or reflect badly on, the "brand".

Weems

That. There is an amazing array of behaviors that owners or the NFL have decided will result in fines because they hurt, or reflect badly on, the "brand".

And the NFL deals with an amazing array of transgressions that reflect badly on their brand.

But not this one. I wonder why?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And the NFL deals with an amazing array of transgressions that reflect badly on their brand.

Easy to figure that one out. Same reasons people get in trouble and loose their jobs for not kowtowing to the BLM nonsense, or for calling it out.

Last edited:

This_person

Hadn't come up previously? Hard to deal with an issue that wasn't previously an issue.

The call has been for them to do that. It should not have come from the president the way it did, but it is a valid call.

Restitution

I don't remember Tebow being disciplined, but I do remember Husain Abdullah being disciplined (flag thrown).

He wasn't disciplined but... he was told OFFICIALLY by the NFL that he could not do it!

I'm not advocating for disciplinary actions but, has anyone from the NFL explicitly told these "protesters" that they could not kneel??

Weems

He wasn't disciplined but... he was told OFFICIALLY by the NFL that he could not do it!

I'm not advocating for disciplinary actions but, has anyone from the NFL explicitly told these "protesters" that they could not kneel??

Exactly. Religious displays are against the rules just as celebrations in the end zones are against the rules.

Refusing to stand for the Anthem is not against any rule.

nutz

Custom and courtesy do not equal rules of a private entertainment enterprise.

Silly me, I just picked the ones that are supposed to apply to US citizens. The owners could apply rule 12 sec. 3 if they so chose. That is unlikely because keeping the players happy and the franchise profitable is the only goal.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
baaaaa....baaaa....baaaa

The President of the United States publicly advised owners of private businesses to fire their employees for exercising their rights as Americans. (Do any of you "patriots" understand what that means?)

As disgusting as it is, every American in every stadium should have taken a knee. THAT is the America our military fights for. Our military exists to preserve our freedoms remember? It does not exist to create a monochrome, monotone citizenry that you people seem to want.

People should stand for the National Anthem because they want to not because they are forced to.

You're absolutely right. The military fought and died to preserve everyone's right to spit on the very symbol that represents those rights they are exercising. How ironic. How ignorant that these 'kneelers' are clueless the pain and suffering that went into, and continues to, preserving these rights. They are incapable of looking at that symbol and that song as the representation of the foundation that was established to allow them to FREELY pursue their dreams, achieve those dreams, and make a damn awful lot of money living those dreams. Race, being their single microscopic lens in which they see everything; that symbol and song represents oppression, even though they ALL are far from oppressed. They are the very success stories that defines this country. That flag represents the fought-for and died-for freedoms that paved the way for their achievements. Rather than being thankful, they find a way to complain.

Compared to them, I have very little; but because I recognize that, what I do have, it wouldn't be possible without the struggles so many went through so I can have what little I have - I CHOOSE TO BE THANKFUL AND LOOK ONTO THAT FLAG AND SEE ALL THE GREAT AMERICANS THAT SELFLESSLY GAVE UP EVERYTHING SO I CAN HAVE WHAT I DO HAVE - ABOVE ALL, FREEDOMS THAT DON'T EXIST ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. And I have been to a lot places in this world. We have bred an ungrateful, spoiled generation that only knows how to complain; even when life has been more than fair to them, they find a reason to complain.

They don't deserve my money or time.

Last edited:

Sapidus

Every damned one is a freakin' millionaire. There's dozens of ways they could ACTUALLY make a difference instead of this, which is childish in nature.

You don't know they aren't doing both. Stop using stupid arguments. Maybe you should donate some money or volunteer somewhere.