Nhl 2013-2014

OldHillcrestGuy

If a team can look good in losing the Caps did last, fought back several times to tie the game up, I liked the more offensive output. Its alot nicer then the low scoring games of the past few years. Of course 3 of the goals came when the Blackhawks were down a man. When Caps were on the 5 on 3, I thought for sure they'd score, powerplay looked good. When Caps signed Grabovski, Oates must have seen or knew of his problems elswhere and figured he needed a change of scenery. I remember when they signed him, I saw an article where Grabovski said he signed with the Caps because after talking with Oates , he was so impressed how Oates believed in him and would help him get back to being a good goal scorer again. Well it must be working a hat-trick and assist in his first game as a Cap. Holtby didnot look all that sharp, he did make a few great saves, but you can't be letting in 5 goals a game and expect to win games. :popcorn:

Hank

my war
Holtby looked rusty & uncomfortable.... I have never been sold on him as a starter. I like Neuvy.

And Roberio who? Grabovski is a beast!

OldHillcrestGuy

Holtby looked rusty & uncomfortable.... I have never been sold on him as a starter. I like Neuvy.

And Roberio who? Grabovski is a beast!

Holtby looked great in that one playoff series couple of seasons back and everybody went Holtby crazy (I admit even me and I wore my Holtby shirt the other night) but I think they really treated Neuvy wrong after that, heck I think he won something like 27 games (without looking it up) that season before the playoffs but injuries just before the playoffs put him on the bench. Since then Holtby has always been named #1 and Neuvy the backup.

Roberio who, that would be Michael Roberio, its now Mikhail (I guess Michael spelt differently in some foregin country) Grabovski. Heck I said earlier in this thread, I hoped he'd maybe get 25 goals Im raising it to 30 goals. He was a beast in the Blackhawk game.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Pittsburgh finally enters the fray tonight vs. the Devils. I hate watching any game vs. the boring Devils and that boring trap. Oh well, still excited to get the season started. :smile:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Caps played good tonight for a heck of a come back. Too bad Holtby seems to have lost his confidence in the crease. Thank goodness for Neuvy!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Caps played good tonight for a heck of a come back. Too bad Holtby seems to have lost his confidence in the crease. Thank goodness for Neuvy!

Hotboy just looked unhappy the entire time, even before he got the hook. He needs to cut his hair.

As for the rest of my Caps..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Ovie, Grabo and Backsie are 1st, 2nd and 3rd right now!!!

Beta

Smile!
I can't believe the Caps won last night. I took a look and saw it was 4-0 at the end of the 1st. I never would have thought they'd win 5-4 in OT. Wow.

Chris0nllyn

Great game!

Congrats to Carrick on his first goal too.

I can't imagine being 19 and playing for the Caps.

Baz

This. ------------------>
2 games in for the Pens and so far so good. :cool:

Not so much in Flyersland.:

The Philadelphia Flyers reportedly have fired coach Peter Laviolette and replaced him with assistant coach Craig Berube.

The team announced it will hold a press conference Monday at 11 a.m., with team president Peter Luukko and general manager Paul Holmgren in attendance.

The Flyers lost 2-1 to the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday, their third straight loss to open to the season. They next play Tuesday at home against the Florida Panthers.

According to TSN, three games is the earliest a coach has been fired in League history. Three coaches had been fired four games into a season, most recently Denis Savard by the Chicago Blackhawks in 2008. Also let go after four games were Ivan Hlinka by the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2000 and Jacques Demers by the Montreal Canadiens in 1995.

Report: Philadelphia Flyers fire Peter Laviolette, replace with Craig Berube - NHL.com - News

Talk about your short leashes. Wow.

Hank

my war
Yes Cap fans, looks to be a tuff year in the new division, maybe long time before we see playoffs in DC again. Sorta like Maryland U., they are going get to know last place in that conference. Dont like the name of the new division either, its horrible.

You may have been right....:ohwell:

They frustrate me!