Nhl 2013-2014

Hank

my war
2-0 in the Great White North and 3-0 in past 3! Defense looked solid. Ovi's a beast. Grabo's pass through the defenders legs to Chim Chim was sweet!

Last edited:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Ovie is playing like his hair is on fire! Racing up and down the ice just like the old days. I just hope the rest of the team keeps up and doesn't make he and Holtsy do all the work.

jg21

While they played great last night, D's gotta step up. Almost makes one wish for Jeff Schultz. On second thought...no it doesn't.

OldHillcrestGuy

While they played great last night, D's gotta step up. Almost makes one wish for Jeff Schultz. On second thought...no it doesn't.

Poor Jeff was always getting bashed, dont know what but something about him I always liked, maybe because he came through the Caps system, was slow as molasses, but that one year he led the Caps and pretty much the whole league in +/-. After Bruce left it was down hill from there. Dont think Hunter liked him one bit playing time wentto nothing and healthy scratch status most nights. I had been wondering what had happened to him recently while playing the Oilers (they have 2 Schultz's playing for them) when I kept hearing the name Schultz mentioned. I asked my little Cap and league geek friend yesterday. He went out west, is in L.A Kings minor league.
Just a little thought: Where are they now" lol

jg21

Poor Jeff was always getting bashed, dont know what but something about him I always liked, maybe because he came through the Caps system, was slow as molasses, but that one year he led the Caps and pretty much the whole league in +/-. After Bruce left it was down hill from there. Dont think Hunter liked him one bit playing time wentto nothing and healthy scratch status most nights. I had been wondering what had happened to him recently while playing the Oilers (they have 2 Schultz's playing for them) when I kept hearing the name Schultz mentioned. I asked my little Cap and league geek friend yesterday. He went out west, is in L.A Kings minor league.
Just a little thought: Where are they now" lol

Yeah, I always kind of liked him too. You're right; once Bruce left his time was done. Dale sure didn't care for him. Too slow, not physical enough. I've gotta believe there's an NHL spot for him somewhere.

Baz

This. ------------------>
That was one hell of a game between the Penguins and Bruins last night! Playoff intensity from start to finish. The end was eerily reminiscent of the finish to game 7 of the 2009 SCF! :yahoo:

OldHillcrestGuy

Philly Sucks

You got that right. Bunch of goons down by 7 and they start going after our guys. Should be several suspensions for some of the goons. Maybe Berube was the instigator? Their goalie should get more then just a game off.
Holtby got pounded, so did Urbon. Glad they didnt give up a cheap goal at the end, about time Holtby got the shutout.

Hank

my war
You got that right. Bunch of goons down by 7 and they start going after our guys. Should be several suspensions for some of the goons. Maybe Berube was the instigator? Their goalie should get more then just a game off.
Holtby got pounded, so did Urbon. Glad they didnt give up a cheap goal at the end, about time Holtby got the shutout.

Funny thing is that 2 of their players, Downie & Lecavalier had to miss last nights game from being roughed up by the Caps. Downie w/ a Concussion & Lecavalier with busted teef. :killingme

OldHillcrestGuy

Funny thing is that 2 of their players, Downie & Lecavalier had to miss last nights game from being roughed up by the Caps. Downie w/ a Concussion & Lecavalier with busted teef. :killingme

Good they deserved it. Neuvy was going to start last night anyway, but wonder how Holtby felt today, he had one huge goose egg on his forehead. He was quite pissed after the game about the fight when asked about it after the game, he just walked away from the reporters. He was suckered into that fight, wasnt expecting it but had to try to defend himself. As he was getting pounded, Latta could only stand there and watch, he was warned by the referee's to not get involved.

Hank

my war
Damn, they looked good!

I love how all the caps "fans" remark that they are a better team when Ovi is out of the lineup. Whatever!

Wilson was one happy kid last night!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Damn, they looked good!

I love how all the caps "fans" remark that they are a better team when Ovi is out of the lineup. Whatever!

Wilson was one happy kid last night!

He sure had a poop-eating grin on his face!

It was good to see the team step up while Ovie was out but there's no replacing him, as evidenced last night.

Hank

my war
He sure had a poop-eating grin on his face!

It was good to see the team step up while Ovie was out but there's no replacing him, as evidenced last night.

Can you imagine... Your first NHL goal and it was assisted by one of the best hockey players ever! So psyched for him! And not to mention Wilson's assist sliding on his ass! Good stuff!