NHL 2015-2016 Season

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ya know. Tampa looked worn down to me. 48 SOG. Pitt's speed & puck control were killing them. But, I was wrong. Tampa bounced back and basically matched their speed. TB does need to get a grip on those third periods because Pitt is looking beast for those last 20 minutes. The West series took a turn as well. I thought the Sharks were going to run away with it, but after last night, they are making a series out of it. Ex-Cap Troy Brouwer puttin' up 2 goals. It will be interesting what Fleury will do in net tonight.

Final 4 is what we put up with the regular season for!

Hank

my war
Final 4 is what we put up with the regular season for!

No doubt. I was telling the bartender last night, the Stanley Cup is the hardest championship to achieve due to playoff format and pretty much the best sport out there.

But, I enjoy the 82 game regular season. No complaints.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No doubt. I was telling the bartender last night, the Stanley Cup is the hardest championship to achieve due to playoff format and pretty much the best sport out there.

But, I enjoy the 82 game regular season. No complaints.

82 games is bull####. So is 162.
The thing the nfl has going for it is pretty much every game matters. And they're desperately trying to #### that up.

Hank

my war
82 games is bull####. So is 162.
The thing the nfl has going for it is pretty much every game matters. And they're desperately trying to #### that up.

The NFL is way bigger of a machine than the NHL. The NHL needs all those games for revenue to stay afloat. Hell, ESPN barely recognizes the NHL. Bastards! How many regular season games would make you happy?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The NFL is way bigger of a machine than the NHL. The NHL needs all those games for revenue to stay afloat. Hell, ESPN barely recognizes the NHL. Bastards! How many regular season games would make you happy?

Agree. Every NFL team does not have to sell one ticket to make a profit. That is built in from the TV contracts. Every ticket, hot dog, beer is just icing on the cake. Especially for teams like my Bucs, who are yearly about 20 mil below the salary cap. Baseball and hockey need all those games for the bottom line.

On a more positive note - Lightning! That was the kind of OT I prefer - short, in your face, and leave. About the most beautiful filthy dirty goal I have ever witnessed, and there are lots of them every year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Stunning game, give up TWO later period goals, miss a golden opportunity and then come right back and get that one. Weather the Penguin storm and then, what 1 minute into OT?

No sport compares to this. The Lightning should not have be able to win that game. How do they lose now? Pens come back in 6, and then the best their is, game 7 hockey.

Has anyone seen 87???? Is he in witness protection or something? Hurt?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I guess the ugly grind is part of building the tension. Plus, at least hockey doesn't have near the season ending injuries and a guy can play a lot longer than 4 years.

Hank

my war
Murray is back in goal tonight. Putting a cold Fleury in was such a dumb decision in my opinion.

Chris0nllyn

Him & Pierre... Can't stand them! Pierre knows his chit, but he is so far up Penguin ass, it's annoying! Milbury is just a dick.

Did you see (I think it was) Game 1 or 2 with the Panthers? During 2nd intermission Milbury was asked what changed (you know, asking him to analyze) and he said "Well, Luonogo stopped more pucks this period".

The other host (woman, can't remember her name) was like "They pay you for that?" :lol:

Hank

my war
Did you see (I think it was) Game 1 or 2 with the Panthers? During 2nd intermission Milbury was asked what changed (you know, asking him to analyze) and he said "Well, Luonogo stopped more pucks this period".

The other host (woman, can't remember her name) was like "They pay you for that?" :lol:

Yeah. That's what I mean. Such a dick. You can tell Jonesy gets irritated by him. They go at it more & more often.

Milbury made a comment last week & said "if you are going to slash someone, at least break a bone when you do"....

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah. That's what I mean. Such a dick. You can tell Jonesy gets irritated by him. They go at it more & more often.

Milbury made a comment last week & said "if you are going to slash someone, at least break a bone when you do"....

I heard that and I was like "Yup. That's pretty much what makes hockey special. He wasn't kidding and no one who is a fan was even remotely phased by that comment."

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Game 7 should be a good one!

TB is exactly where they deserve to be - Game 7 @ Pitt. The NHL needs to ban playoff games on Wednesday or Game 6's in Tampa, because the Lightning lose every time. Phil Esposito said it perfectly after the game Tuesday - it was a disgusting and embarrassing effort by TB. Time to shape up or play golf.

Hank

my war
Glad to see the Sharks advance. Happy for Wardo!

Also, I like Oshie, so I didn't want him to feel any resentment for being shipped here.

Hopefully, it will be TB vs Sharks w/ the Sharks taking the Cup!

Chris0nllyn

Glad to see the Sharks advance. Happy for Wardo!

Also, I like Oshie, so I didn't want him to feel any resentment for being shipped here.

Hopefully, it will be TB vs Sharks w/ the Sharks taking the Cup!

Ward had 2 goals. He was our guy in a few playoff games, so I'm glad to see him continue that.

Sad to see Brouwer go, but it had to be someone.

We'll see tonight of Fehr will be in the running cup.

At least someone from the Caps will get that feeling. :lol: