NHL 2015-2016 Season

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What????? OT doesn't even begin to get good until late in the FIRST over time. If there is one thing hockey has that no other sport has, it's the closing minutes of a period, especially the 3rd and even more so in over time. The tension is stunning.

Basketball has endless timeouts.
Baseball in the bottom of the ninth with based loaded, two outs, 3-2 count comes kinda close except for all of the rest of the game which is pretty dull.
Football has enormous ebb and flow.

Hockey is like a balloon that gets fuller and fuller and fuller and fuller and...BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Bedlam.

My take on OT - get 'er done, one way or the other so I can get some sleep, and save the players for the next game. A quick finish, almost painless, except in a game 7..........

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My take on OT - get 'er done, one way or the other so I can get some sleep, and save the players for the next game. A quick finish, almost painless, except in a game 7..........

Hey, I'm a caps fan. There was no such thing as 4 OT's until we came along!!!!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Me, too but, when it goes to OT, the first thing I think of is that this could go on forever. It adds to the tension.

Tension - until something snaps. Usually the feelings of the losing team and fans, that is. Ouch.

Hank

my war
But why? What is it? From the Langway era on, there have been something terrific teams, really, really good, deep, talented teams. There has LONG been a solid fan base. Has anyone in hockey had the ongoing, endless sports tragedy of this team?

The Cap Centre was built on Indian burial grounds in Landover. We are forever cursed!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Cap Centre was built on Indian burial grounds in Landover. We are forever cursed!!!

At least that makes some sense. IIRC, you're serious. And if you were kidding, I think I do remember something of that sort.

Yes, I am that old. :jameo:

Restitution

There has LONG been a solid fan base.

:bs:

I remember going to a few Caps games before Ovechkin was signed. One in particular vs. Red Wings. There were more Wings jerseys in the arena BY FAR than Caps. When the horn would sound..... the response was a resounding "Let's GO RED WINGS!!!" In the Caps' home arena.....

It wasn't until Ovechkin came aboard and the Caps got competitive that the so-called "fan-base" came out of the shadows.

Hank

my war

I remember going to a few Caps games before Ovechkin was signed. One in particular vs. Red Wings. There were more Wings jerseys in the arena BY FAR than Caps. When the horn would sound..... the response was a resounding "Let's GO RED WINGS!!!" In the Caps' home arena.....

It wasn't until Ovechkin came aboard and the Caps got competitive that the so-called "fan-base" came out of the shadows.

Disagree. I've been going to games for a long long time. Granted the fan base isn't as huge and loyal as some other teams, Caps have always had a pretty decent showing. Red Wings were the hot team back in late 90's, early 00's, of course they would have local bandwagon fans.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Well, by all means, let us use your self described 'few' Caps games as a barometer of what 'LONG' is, from 1974 to today and all that came before #8.

Let us forget Langway and Stevens and Hatcher and Garner and Carpenter and Brian Murry, his brothers years, Schoenfelds term, and Dino and Bengt, Christian, Murphy, Dale Hunters game 7 goal against the Flyers, Gonchar, Olie the goalie, the Bondra years, by all means, tell us all about your couple of games and how there has not long been a solid fan base.

:popcorn:

Hank

my war
Well, by all means, let us use your self described 'few' Caps games as a barometer of what 'LONG' is, from 1974 to today and all that came before #8.

Let us forget Langway and Stevens and Hatcher and Garner and Carpenter and Brian Murry, his brothers years, Schoenfelds term, and Dino and Bengt, Christian, Murphy, Dale Hunters game 7 goal against the Flyers, Gonchar, Olie the goalie, the Bondra years, by all means, tell us all about your couple of games and how there has not long been a solid fan base.

:popcorn:

:lmao:

:high5:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Disagree. I've been going to games for a long long time. Granted the fan base isn't as huge and loyal as some other teams, Caps have always had a pretty decent showing. Red Wings were the hot team back in late 90's, early 00's, of course they would have local bandwagon fans.

Pittsburgh fans seem to be the most annoying here, both for Steelers and Pens games, with the terrible towels and such. I said before your series with Pitt that I thought the pens were the hottest team around, probably very dangerous, and I think after last night there is no doubt. They just beat TB in every phase of the game, except goaltending.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Pittsburgh fans seem to be the most annoying here, both for Steelers and Pens games, with the terrible towels and such. I said before your series with Pitt that I thought the pens were the hottest team around, probably very dangerous, and I think after last night there is no doubt. They just beat TB in every phase of the game, except goaltending.

Last night was like how they played against the caps, relentless, keep possession, attack, get the d chasing, exhausted not being able to get a line change and then the inevitable

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Last night was like how they played against the caps, relentless, keep possession, attack, get the d chasing, exhausted not being able to get a line change and then the inevitable

Yup. I knew it would be the same thing against we here in Tampa. Now it's time for the Bolts to get relentless.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

If that is the case then I bet Dan Snyder was born on a Friday the 13th when a black cat was breaking a mirror.

Hank

my war
Define 'toast'. I'd take the pens at this point but....maybe not.

Ya know. Tampa looked worn down to me. 48 SOG. Pitt's speed & puck control were killing them. But, I was wrong. Tampa bounced back and basically matched their speed. TB does need to get a grip on those third periods because Pitt is looking beast for those last 20 minutes. The West series took a turn as well. I thought the Sharks were going to run away with it, but after last night, they are making a series out of it. Ex-Cap Troy Brouwer puttin' up 2 goals. It will be interesting what Fleury will do in net tonight.