Night Clubs

I would say clubs in southern md are:

• They have to do, its all we got

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Hell no! We need a good multi-venue club!

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Don't mess with our bars! I like to get drunk and fight

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Close them all!

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

Aimhigh2000

Are there any real night clubs in southern maryland? It seems that now I am back and the same dives are all that are around. I mean, Catamarans, Cadillac Jacks.......Is there no demand for a real night club? I can't remember the last time I was at a "club" and they actually played slow songs. I mean, are we still that far behind the times? I mean, just up in DC, there are clubs open until 6am! I don't feel like driving up to DC all the time to go to Nation, or Polly Esthers, or Five......Can't we get some good drum and bass down here? What are your thoughts?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I guess if the demand were enough someone would have started one. How about you? If you want something bad enough why not create it? You might just make a killing.

D

darkriver4362

I really don't like clubs, or any other large group of people...but this area is in desperate need of something for people do do on Friday and Saturday nights....

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Call me a hokey pokey if you want, but I think it'd be cool for someone who's got a big ole barn they aren't using to have country music/dancing on weekends in it ... keep it simple ... music, drinks, lights, period! We went to cancun cantina valentine's weekend and it was fun, but kind of 'commercial' and the band there sucked. :ohwell: Other than that, the concept was cool and I think it'd be fun to check out from time to time. I can't country dance worth a crap, but Tater was teachin' me two-step and stuff and I had an absolute blast, if nothing else, laughing at myself for messing up! :blushing:

crabcake

:shrug: callaway club? :confused: i've only been in Mech-ville for 2.5 years ... fill me in. :snacks:

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by tatercake
:shrug: callaway club? :confused: i've only been in Mech-ville for 2.5 years ... fill me in. :snacks:

It's probably just Bear Creek BBQ at lunch time.

crabcake

Originally posted by darkriver4362
It's probably just Bear Creek BBQ at lunch time.

:lol: have you seen that new dining area they added to the back of the building? they did a nice job (atmosphere-wise).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by CMC122
Isn't there Club New York down south somewhere? What the heck is that?

It's the old Happyland bar, which became P & P Sports Bar. It's down Route 249 towards Piney Point.

Aimhigh2000

Hmmmm

Ok, let me clarify....A Real Club. Callaway club was a joke, they had what? One strobe light? and Club New York- The old Happy Land???? As I said, perhaps some of ya'll need to cross the county line and go to Nation on a Friday night ( if you're straight) or Saturday (Saturdays is gay night) Check out Polly Esthers, or Platinum, Five, 2k9, 9:30.....Now I like the barn idea, but not for country, a good rave would be nice. We need a place where people like DJ Irene, Bad Boy Bill, Junior Vasquez, Madame Zu and others can play. But make it a multi-use venue so we can bring bands and talent to the area.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
Ok, let me clarify....A Real Club. Callaway club was a joke, they had what? One strobe light? and Club New York- The old Happy Land???? As I said, perhaps some of ya'll need to cross the county line and go to Nation on a Friday night ( if you're straight) or Saturday (Saturdays is gay night) Check out Polly Esthers, or Platinum, Five, 2k9, 9:30.....Now I like the barn idea, but not for country, a good rave would be nice. We need a place where people like DJ Irene, Bad Boy Bill, Junior Vasquez, Madame Zu and others can play. But make it a multi-use venue so we can bring bands and talent to the area.
If someone wants to open a club more power to them, but I probably wouldn't go, and I can't see many of my friends going on a regular basis. I don't like big crowds. I'd rather just go to the local bar with a few buds to knock back a couple beers and shoot some pool. The bars I go to have a DJ on the weekend that plays all types of music and will play anything you bring him that he doesn't have. I don't like crowds, ridiculously loud music or dress codes and can't see myself paying a cover more than $5 to go somewhere like that. I usually don't pay a cover when I go to the bars I go to.

crabcake

Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
We need a place where people like DJ Irene, Bad Boy Bill, Junior Vasquez, Madame Zu and others can play.

:shrug: who the hell are they? :confused: sounds like a friday night freak show line-up.

heck, I'd like a down home place with just a strobe light and someone playing music ... I am not a club-goer myself ... I prefer places where you can dance, have a drink, and talk (not YELL) with your friends, date, etc. without having every swinging dyck hitting on you like it's a meat market. :ohwell:

watercolor

yeah yeah
I think I am with tatercake on this one. Someone who is looking to do something and utilize a un-used barn on their property- to mention makin a killin....should open up a country western type thing, or EVEN make a whole rendevous of selections, like sometimes have "club nights" or "country nights" or even "techno nights" or whatever their forte is.. but I can see a good outcome from it.

J

justhangn

Well…….

We could runna ‘stention cord ‘cross the yard and string up some Christmas lights in the woods……..kick up a few logs for chairs and sit back by the far with some ten ounces, music from the car radio hooked to the battry we carried in with us ……..weeeee doggy!!

Well He11, we'll call "in Dawoods ByU"

crabcake

Re: Well…….

Originally posted by justhangn
We could runna ‘stention cord ‘cross the yard and string up some Christmas lights in the woods……..kick up a few logs for chairs and sit back by the far with some ten ounces, music from the car radio hooked to the battry we carried in with us ……..weeeee doggy!!

Well He11, we'll call "in Dawoods ByU"

:blushing: maybe it's the redneck in tater rubbing off in me, but I kinda like that idear! :biggrin: