Night Clubs

I would say clubs in southern md are:

• They have to do, its all we got

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Hell no! We need a good multi-venue club!

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Don't mess with our bars! I like to get drunk and fight

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Close them all!

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

Nanny Pam

Well....there ya have it "aimhigh" It looks like you will just have to take your night-clubbin' azz right back up to DC.
Have fun.:dance:

Aimhigh2000

This is why southern maryland fails

OMG living hell. I knew growing up here was a nightmare, I never thought it would still be a nightmare. People, there is life out there!!!! Go out and explore and in some cases, have a mid life crisis! The energy of electronic music, and the ability to dance all night long is amazing! I would gladly take some of ya'll up to the city to experience. I actually reccommend the club Nation. For some of you that feel adventurous, go tonight. It opens at 9pm (open bar from 9-10) But I really wouldn't get there until 11:30pm. And yes, to have real entertainment, you have to pay a lot more than 5 bucks cover. Go to www.buzzlife.com Live hard, Play hard! I think we should try and move southern maryland out of the 70's. I mean, I love Lynard Skynard too, but c'mon.........times have changed:guitar:

Aimhigh2000

yeah right

My night clubbin azz shouldn't have to if some of the bingo-playing old farts that think fire department carnivals and arts and crafts festivals are considered living the good life would get a clue

J

justhangn

Re: This is why southern maryland fails

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
OMG living hell. I knew growing up here was a nightmare, I never thought it would still be a nightmare. People, there is life out there!!!! Go out and explore and in some cases, have a mid life crisis! The energy of electronic music, and the ability to dance all night long is amazing! I would gladly take some of ya'll up to the city to experience. I actually reccommend the club Nation. For some of you that feel adventurous, go tonight. It opens at 9pm (open bar from 9-10) But I really wouldn't get there until 11:30pm. And yes, to have real entertainment, you have to pay a lot more than 5 bucks cover. Go to www.buzzlife.com Live hard, Play hard! I think we should try and move southern maryland out of the 70's. I mean, I love Lynard Skynard too, but c'mon.........times have changed:guitar:

:confused: I sure wish the person holding the gun to your head would either pull the trigger or let you leave..........

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba

That electronic/techno crap is just about the only music that I really can't stand. I will listen to anything from Pretty Polly to Hot in Herre to He Drinks Tequila and She Talks Dirty in Spanish to Mozart. But I cannot listen to techno. If I were to try to dance until 6 am, I would have to be on E. And after watching Peter Jennings last night, I would say that most of those people are.

Nanny Pam

Re: yeah right

My night clubbin azz shouldn't have to if some of the bingo-playing old farts that think fire department carnivals and arts and crafts festivals are considered living the good life would get a clue

YO... maybe the 'bingo playing old farts' like playing bingo. You like clubbin' SO GO~! Who is stopping you? Get in your goony google mobile and drive yourself to DC

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: yeah right

I don't play bingo, nor am I an old fart. Matter of fact, I am the target audience for clubs like these. They don't interest me, and I doubt that they interest that many people my age around here.

Aimhigh2000

Music 101

Ok, I see we need some music education. There is a huge and major difference between drum and bass, trance, and techno. I find that most people in southern md consider anything faster than a waltz to be techno. Electronic music is an artform. To watch a real dj spin and create music live is an awesome experience. As ya'll may notice, I play devils advocate on a lot of things, so, no offence if I stir up some dust. I am actually working on a graduate paper, so I need to get emotions up so I know what people really think.......Techno however got a bad rap from that horrid radio station Z104. They kinda lumped everything together and gave electronica a bad name. I am just looking to maybe trying something new for a change, I mean, when I left, there was Catamarans, and really ugly chicks in bathing suits selling bottles of bud. Not much has changed, cept maybe the girls got slightly better lookin. I just find that somd has always been against change, and I want to get out there and change that.:dance:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Music 101

Ok, I see we need some music education. There is a huge and major difference between drum and bass, trance, and techno. I find that most people in southern md consider anything faster than a waltz to be techno. Electronic music is an artform. To watch a real dj spin and create music live is an awesome experience.
I think its crap. All of it. And it all sounds the same to me.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
AimHigh

I don't think that there is a market for a club such as the one you are talking about. Not here. But if you think there is, try it. I just don't see it succeeding.

Aimhigh2000

It's Ok

and I value your opinion.......And I think slow music at a club is crap. And I think rock and roll is crap. But, I think electronica rocks! $0.02

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by tatercake
:shrug: who the hell are they? :confused: sounds like a friday night freak show line-up.

heck, I'd like a down home place with just a strobe light and someone playing music ... I am not a club-goer myself ... I prefer places where you can dance, have a drink, and talk (not YELL) with your friends, date, etc. without having every swinging dyck hitting on you like it's a meat market. :ohwell:
:yeahthat: I can't stand techno or industrial whatever you want to call it. I don't want to spend my evening loosing my voice triing to talk to my friends either.

I used to love to go to Cancun's until they started that techno crap.

claire

Re: Re: Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by CMC122
I don't want to spend my evening loosing my voice triing to talk to my friends either.

You don't go to industrial clubs to talk. You go to dance.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...

OMG living hell. I knew growing up here was a nightmare, I never thought it would still be a nightmare. People, there is life out there!!!! Go out and explore and in some cases, have a mid life crisis!

:confused: smalltown?