Normalizing Obesity

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Lizzo Says She’s Close To ‘Quitting’ Music Over Comments About Her Body

The 35-year-old musician shared a screenshot of a critical message she received and included a caption that said, “I JUST logged on and the app and this is the type of sh** I see about me on a daily basis.”

“It’s really starting to make me hate the world,” Lizzo continued, according to Billboard. “Then someone in the comments said I eat ‘lots of fast food.’ I LITERALLY STOPPED EATING FAST FOOD YEARS AGO… I’m tired of explaining myself all the time and I just wanna get on this app w/out seeing my name in some bullsh**.”

Lizzo also set her tweets to protected so they can only be viewed by followers.

“The Love definitely do not outweigh the Hate on social media… all because I’m fat????” she wrote in a follow-up, followed by a message that said, “Y’all don’t know how close I be to giving up on everyone and quitting and enjoying my money and my man on a F***ING FARM…”

HemiHauler

Whomever she is can quit and I’d never know since I don’t know who she is.

Had to look her up.

Grotesque. Have some self-respect and quit shoving food down your gullet.

How can these fat tubs of lard demand people respect them when clearly they don’t respect themselves.

Fat shaming should be a thing. I wonder how much they are responsible for the meteoric rise in healthcare costs?

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

The 35-year-old musician shared a screenshot of a critical message she received and included a caption that said, “I JUST logged on and the app and this is the type of sh** I see about me on a daily basis.”

“It’s really starting to make me hate the world,” Lizzo continued, according to Billboard. “Then someone in the comments said I eat ‘lots of fast food.’ I LITERALLY STOPPED EATING FAST FOOD YEARS AGO… I’m tired of explaining myself all the time and I just wanna get on this app w/out seeing my name in some bullsh**.”

“The Love definitely do not outweigh the Hate on social media… all because I’m fat????” she wrote in a follow-up, followed by a message that said, “Y’all don’t know how close I be to giving up on everyone and quitting and enjoying my money and my man on a F***ING FARM…”
I don’t think she’ll like the milking machine

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lizzo-Sexy-Curves-in-Revealing-Bikini-TheFappening.pro-47.jpg

SamSpade

Having struggled with obesity most of my life - I do - only partly - sympathize. I remember a discussion with a good friend of mine who had similar problems and had surgery to help him lose weight - and people would ask him "why don't you just lose 100 lbs the old fashioned way - through diet and exercise?" - his answer was "I HAVE - four times - so it's not for lack of will power" (I can attest for those who've never done this - it takes at least a year of herculean effort to do it ONCE). Some people will have a harder time; my son is the skinniest teenager you've ever seen - he can eat enormous amounts of junk, and my youngest is also slim and can usually out eat me.

THE PART WHERE I DON'T sympathize is - she is dismissing the extra weight as a matter of personal TASTE in appearance. It's not. It will send you to an early grave. There's this sentiment out there that says you should try to be comfortable with being overweight. Well good for you. You'll die young. You might as well be dying of leprosy and try to pass it off as personal grooming.

Many of you have certainly known an elderly person who was very old - nineties or beyond. How many of them were severely obese? I'll bet none of them. I've absolutely known MANY who didn't live to 60, because they were morbidly obese, with a lot much younger than that.

WHEN I've been able to get the weight down, personal pride in my appearance was a side benefit. The biggest benefit was probably about another 15-20 years of life.

SamSpade

Oh BTW - not knowing who she is, is another indicator of how old the rest of us are. My middle child chastised me once about four years ago for not knowing who she is - "Dad, she's only the most popular female rapper in the whole world". REALLY made me feel old, then.

Hijinx

Diet and exercise is horse crap. You have to stop eating if you want to lose weight.
Fat people can't exercise enough to do them any good. You have to stop your food intake---period.
I have a friend who got his stomach tied , He is back to being as fat as he ever was.
It's not something you can do and be forever thin. You want to stay at a healthy weight you have to forever change your dietary ways,

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm all about self-confidence and accepting yourself. I'm also in favor of eating the damn cheeseburger and not starving yourself into some impossible heroin chic ideal. People who eat bacon and pizza are less neurotic than those who don't - that's a scientific fact. :nerd:

The problem with Lizzo and other BBWs is that in the eyes of the emaciated pop culture that's all they are - big fatties. Like how white liberals patronize black people and claim to love them yet you can see the involuntary shudder. They're pets. Mascots. They're fake-adulated and encouraged to embarrass themselves so skinny white liberals can feel good about themselves and tell themselves they're not really the horrible people they are.

Lizzo is a mediocre entertainer at best. She's popular because the promoters and pop culture say she is. Her weight is a gimmick, like Gaga's meat dress. It's what made her famous. So now that she *is* famous, she wants to rail against randos on the internet who rank celebrities out because their own lives suck.

I couldn't care less about someone else's weight or health problems or whatever else. It has nothing to do with me and I don't even know that person. But I will laugh in Lizzo's face when she uses what she's got to get rich and famous, then whines about that fame because strangers on the internet dog her out. And I laugh even harder when skinny white liberals jump to her defense, while you know they're thanking god every day they're a size zero from eating nothing but celery and amphetamines.

Shallow hypocrites. Hate them.

SamSpade

Diet and exercise is horse crap. You have to stop eating if you want to lose weight.
You really can't. The body reacts to sudden changes in food intake, and adjusts to prevent more weight loss. It's designed to protect from what is perceived as starvation. Our bodies evolved to adapt to periods of time when food wasn't available.

You do have to adjust your eating and if you're not moving, you need to do SOME. You cannot sweat it off, but doing nothing will keep it from coming off.

Many years ago, I had surgery to lose weight, and I was amazed at how fast some of it came off, but what REALLY astonished me was - the sometimes very long periods where weight loss didn't happen at all. I started to chart it, and I noticed a pattern - the weight loss was a straight downward line that would plateau for the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME - a period of about 2 to 4 weeks - and would resume at the same rate. I would observe this same pattern for a year and a half. It was very strange.

A few years later, my wife had the same surgery - and would get very upset when the weight loss stalled. I told her - wait two weeks. Trust me.

I suspect the reason why so many diets fail, is because this happens. The body stops and people lose heart. But it is just the body trying not to die.

I wish I had the data on hand - but this was to be expected, and has a very real, biological reason - but - essentially, the body is readjusting.
I've experienced it. Every diet grounded in good science is going to reach this point - you just have to stick with it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
As someone who knows my metabolism, at her age, she should know that her diet is unhealthy and what she needs to stop doing, to lose her excess baggage. All the money in the world won't help you live long if you abuse your body with anything.

Like vrai, I don't nibble celery sticks, but I don't eat 5000 calorie meals on a daily basis either. Moderation works for most people who don't have "glandular issues". I hover around the 200lb mark and don't starve myself or eat triple cheeseburgers with a pound of deep fried potatoes on the side.

FWIW, Lizzo is a slob. I couldn't name any song she's recorded, but I'll bet with a straight mic to PA system hookup, she couldn't draw a crowd if she was giving away bags of $20 bills.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The problem with Lizzo and other BBWs is that in the eyes of the emaciated pop culture that's all they are - big fatties. Like how white liberals patronize black people and claim to love them yet you can see the involuntary shudder. They're pets. Mascots. They're fake-adulated and encouraged to embarrass themselves so skinny white liberals can feel good about themselves and tell themselves they're not really the horrible people they are.

Normalized by claiming dieting and weight loss, and going to the gym are White Supremacy

WheezyCarl

She should learn the proper use of grammar. I don't understand the lack of pronouns...rant over.

dave20

I can only speak from experience, so, Feb. 2022, I ended up at the E/R with a pulse running faster than a weed-wacker at full throttle. The culprit? VERY low potassium, lower than 3.5 and high sugar. A bag of saline and a bag of potassium I was back to physical normalcy.

That day, all the crap from our snack drawer was dumped, a visit to the pharmacy to buy supplements, and a common sense diet without Pepsi, cupcakes and Hershey bars, I'm down 22 pounds.
Been there done that. Was working outside and came in for a break because I was feeling lousy. Heart was racing & Fit Bit said I was doing cardio while I was sitting down. This lasted a while and finally subsided when I consumed some foods that got my electrolytes where the should have been. I probably should have gone to the ER like you did but I was being foolish that day. I've been slowly loosing weight but have quite a way to go until I get to the point where I feel like my old self.
Being overweight is not good for anyone. Along with the weight comes quite a few problems. Type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea which can damage your heart over time if not treated, and carrying all of the extra weight damages your joints. Plus all of the damage diabetes does to your organs and your eyes, not to mention the effects on blood flow and the healing process.

Good luck to you in getting things in check.