Normalizing Obesity

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I am 5' 8" tall. Before the cancer, I got up to 241 pounds. Obesity was part of the cause for the pancreatic cancer, borderline diabetes and high BP.
I lost 52 pounds over the course of the active illness treatment and healing. At 189, doc took me off of all meds save the one for GERD.

Unusually for a post-Whipple surgery survivor, I gained weight back starting about 2 years after. I got up to 246 pounds.
Back on the BP and blood sugar meds.

I have been losing weight by improving what I eat, matching the fuel intake to activity level.
This morning weigh in, 209 pounds. I am aiming to get back under 200.

Hijinx

Been there done that. Was working outside and came in for a break because I was feeling lousy. Heart was racing & Fit Bit said I was doing cardio while I was sitting down. This lasted a while and finally subsided when I consumed some foods that got my electrolytes where the should have been. I probably should have gone to the ER like you did but I was being foolish that day. I've been slowly loosing weight but have quite a way to go until I get to the point where I feel like my old self.
Being overweight is not good for anyone. Along with the weight comes quite a few problems. Type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea which can damage your heart over time if not treated, and carrying all of the extra weight damages your joints. Plus all of the damage diabetes does to your organs and your eyes, not to mention the effects on blood flow and the healing process.

Good luck to you in getting things in check.
You could have been in Afib. You need to get it checked.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Some of her songs and videos are just downright vulgar and most of her persona/acts/videos are capitalizing on her size, like Vrai said. Some of her songs have a catchy tune, but they're not my genre. She's studied classical music and seems quite accomplished on the violin. I've seen videos of her playing, and she's very good! As far as a singer, she's like any other artist if that's the music you like. Not bad, not fantastic. 🤷 As far as I know, my nieces like her music. :yay: (they're in their early to late-30's)

And, like a lot of performing artists when they're starting out - they're all about MAKING THEMSELVES NOTICED!! PICK ME, PICK ME - LOOK AT ME!!!! :diva: :singer: Everyone needs a gimmick to get that attention. 🤷

She's morbidly obese and her claim to fame is shaking her substantial groove thang in your face "scantily clad" like a 'ho. :rolleyes: Most of the outfits are designed for a Barbie Doll figure, but Lizzo is strutting her stuff all over the place and looks like a drag queen a lot of time. (and has also been affiliated with the LGBTQabc123++ groups).

Like Vrai also said -she's made her money that way - why cry about it now because people are voicing their opinions of you? Since she hit the scene a decade or so ago - THAT is what she's been all about. "Look at me - I'm big, black and beautiful and in your face, baby". People are going to comment on that - just like they thought Elvis the Pelvis was vulgar and inappropriate in the 50's. You gotta roll with it, baby. That's what happens in the real world. Grow up! :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
THAT is what she's been all about. "Look at me - I'm big, black and beautiful and in your face, baby".

Exactly - so BE big, black, beautiful and in your face. Don't cry and moan because strangers on the internet say sh*t.

But that's how you can tell she isn't really comfortable with herself. If she were, that stuff wouldn't get to her.

dave20

I am 5' 8" tall. Before the cancer, I got up to 241 pounds. Obesity was part of the cause for the pancreatic cancer, borderline diabetes and high BP.
I lost 52 pounds over the course of the active illness treatment and healing. At 189, doc took me off of all meds save the one for GERD.

Unusually for a post-Whipple surgery survivor, I gained weight back starting about 2 years after. I got up to 246 pounds.
Back on the BP and blood sugar meds.

I have been losing weight by improving what I eat, matching the fuel intake to activity level.
This morning weigh in, 209 pounds. I am aiming to get back under 200.
Looks like you've done very well, just keep plugging away. I have seen a number of friends and acquaintances go through bariatric procedures only to fall back to old habits and regain the weight. I don't think I could do well with that. At the moment I'm back to trying to eat correctly. I had lost 40 pounds but put back 20 of it between the holidays and various other reasons. I've lost 6 of that 20 in the past two weeks so I'm getting there. Doctor told me that if I loose enough I can ditch most of my medications. My kitchen counter looks like a pharmacy at the moment. I was glad to see that your last tests came up clear.

dave20

I
You could have been in Afib. You need to get it checked.
I actually have one of those Cardia Mobile devices and it said that I was in tachycardia. I have since been to the cardiologist and got scolded for not going to the ER. They did discover that I have an anyerism of the thoracic aorta. Basically that is a wait and see thing, just monitor for increase in size. Amount of activity not limited. I have about another cm or mm I can't remember which before they will intervene surgically. I figure if it ruptures at least it will be quick. No prolonged suffering. Mind you I'm not looking to get in the express lane. Those things are more common than I realized.
In the meantime I'm trying to get my weight down in the event I do need surgery and take some of the load off my heart.

Hijinx

I

I actually have one of those Cardia Mobile devices and it said that I was in tachycardia. I have since been to the cardiologist and got scolded for not going to the ER. They did discover that I have an anyerism of the thoracic aorta. Basically that is a wait and see thing, just monitor for increase in size. Amount of activity not limited. I have about another cm or mm I can't remember which before they will intervene surgically. I figure if it ruptures at least it will be quick. No prolonged suffering. Mind you I'm not looking to get in the express lane. Those things are more common than I realized.
In the meantime I'm trying to get my weight down in the event I do need surgery and take some of the load off my heart.
You know the problem and you know what is best for you that is the main thing. We all only go around once and we want it to last a long time.
My best wishes for your health, have a great life. Live each day and God Bless.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I never heard of her before this thread. Guess I have been lucky.
I hope my luck holds.
let me help you with that
lizzo.jpg

Hijinx

What is the purpose of wearing a garter belt if it isn't hooked to something.

Ya know Kate Smith was fat, but she had a voice.

And she kept her clothes on. Mama Cass was fat too. Kept her clothes on.

Hijinx

The last time I saw anything like that I was plowing my 40 acres with my jackass pulling the plow.