North Carolina/South Carolina

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Pandora said:
http://www.thelostcolony.org/

^ I LOVED that every time I have gone. And, I enjoy hitting the Wright Brothers National Memorial http://www.nps.gov/wrbr/
Thanks! Those look like wonderful places to vist. :clap:

We will be there the later part of July, early part of August. We used to go down often when my hubby's parents had a townhouse in Kitty Hawk.
I'll be down there the second week in July. :yahoo: I can hardly wait as I can't remember the last REAL vacation I've taken. And boy do I need it. :ohwell:

Last edited:

purplepassion

Lovin' Life
nachomama said:
That reminds me...Stay in North Myrtle Beach. It's far enough away from all the :crazy: but still close, and plenty to do in NMB. Kinda like staying in North OC, vs. near the Boardwalk.

The south end is great also. When we go for bike week we usually stay in either Surfside or Garden City. Same idea though - far enough away to be away from the crowds but still close to everything.

jazz lady said:
Not to hijack the thread too much, but I'm going on vacation to the Outer Banks in the Kill Devil Hills area next month and I've never been in the area before. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do or see in the area, besides lazing at the beach every day? :lol:
The aquarium is ok for a short visit. Take a plane ride from Kitty Hawk out over the water. You can see wrecks in the shallows. Go fishing from the pier or rent a boat.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
desertrat said:
The aquarium is ok for a short visit. Take a plane ride from Kitty Hawk out over the water. You can see wrecks in the shallows. Go fishing from the pier or rent a boat.

Venture north and south. Go north to Corolla. There's a really neat little shopping center there. Go South to Hatteras. The dunes are breathtaking. The drive to Hatteras is about an hour, but well worth it. And it makes you think about how they evacuate the area in the event of a hurricane.

nachomama said:
Venture north and south. Go north to Corolla. There's a really neat little shopping center there. Go South to Hatteras. The dunes are breathtaking. The drive to Hatteras is about an hour, but well worth it. And it makes you think about how they evacuate the area in the event of a hurricane.
:yeahthat:
One of my little things to do is head down to the docks about 4-5 when the fishing boats come back. Last time I did that they were hanging up a huge Mako.
You could also sign up for hang gliding lessons.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
desertrat said:
:yeahthat:
One of my little things to do is head down to the docks about 4-5 when the fishing boats come back. Last time I did that they were hanging up a huge Mako.
You could also sign up for hang gliding lessons.

We always go to either Oregon Inlet or Pirates Cove and check out the daily catch. :yay: We stay at Pirates Cove; that place is awesome. Perfect for families.

And my son never lets us go to Nags Head without stopping at the home of Gravedigger. We either stop on our way down or on our way up.

Jetskiing in Roanoke Sound. Always good times there.

pingrr

The last time I was in South Carolina. I went to south of the border. Then I rode up to the top of the hat and proceeded to touch myself.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
pingrr said:
The last time I was in South Carolina. I went to south of the border. Then I rode up to the top of the hat and proceeded to touch myself.

Which all the more provides proof to one of my recent posts.

Poohhunny1605

keepsmiling said:
Good Morning Everyone. :howdy:

We are going on vacation and can't decide. Can you share your experiences with both NC and SC. NC really looks laid back, maybe boring to the kids? That's where I really wanted to take them but I'm worried they wouldn't have enough to do.

Thanks everyone.

I loveeeeeee the Outer Banks, NC I actually am trying to move down there. No there isn't alot to do with kids, no amusement parks or anything, very relaxed and chilled out, perfect for beach goers or fishermen. Also you could stay down closer to Myrtle Beach with out being right inside of Myrtle Beach, you could stay in North Myrtle Beach which is far enough away to have "family time" but be close enough to run out and eat and enjoy entertainment. Also, in Myrtle Beach they have the Dixie Stampede and stuff like that for the kids and they have Margarittaville and stuff like that for you guys! It all depends what you are going for?

I'd say Myrtle Beach with the kiddies and Outer Banks for the adults :) Hope I helped ya some!

Poohhunny1605

Oh and to add to that, as if I didn't write enough! There are things to do in the city in Manteo, NC which is right over the bridge, or go down to Wanchise, or Ocracoke(sp?) but there is alot to do in NC too, depends on what kinda atmosphere you are looking for.

pingrr

nachomama said:
Which all the more provides proof to one of my recent posts.

Are you trying to say that I have to climb to tthe top of the tower to sit on that giant silver thing. I hate to break it to you but thats not how I roll.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
pingrr said:
I hate it when diet coke comes out my nose. :killingme

pingrr

North Carolina/South Ca... 06-14-2007 03:27 PM ching pong ping chong!!!!eleven11!1onehundred and eleven!

WTF? I just don't get it.

lovinmaryland

pingrr said:
North Carolina/South Ca... 06-14-2007 03:27 PM ching pong ping chong!!!!eleven11!1onehundred and eleven!

WTF? I just don't get it.

hey is that even from the real ping pong ching chong? because look they put
ching pong ping chong hmmmmm interesting do we have a ching chong wanna be out there? :lmao:

lovinmaryland

pingrr said:
I don't think that was from the real ching chong ping pong
so that makes it meaningless huh, poor thing :poorbaby: don't worry one day i am sure the real pching chong will hit you up till then :huggy: