Nose bidet/Neti pot

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
After my sinus surgery my ENT recommended using baking soda and salt. Depending on how you mix it, you can get differing results. There's isotonic and hypertonic. I've been doing this for about 10 years. Funny, when my son (31) was a kid, his pediatriction poo-pooed a lot of meds and drops and told me to salt water his nose and have him blow.

This is a good read..about halfway through the page, you can find the "technique" and the mixtures.

Nasal Irrigation and Sinus Flush Solutions

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
After my sinus surgery my ENT recommended using baking soda and salt. Depending on how you mix it, you can get differing results. There's isotonic and hypertonic. I've been doing this for about 10 years. Funny, when my son (31) was a kid, his pediatriction poo-pooed a lot of meds and drops and told me to salt water his nose and have him blow.

This is a good read..about halfway through the page, you can find the "technique" and the mixtures.

Nasal Irrigation and Sinus Flush Solutions

My pot came with a pre-mixed solution and the ingredients are salt and baking soda.

Cowgirl

My pot came with a pre-mixed solution and the ingredients are salt and baking soda.

I just read through the paperwork and it says not to mix your own because the ingredients won't be as pure as theirs, you could get the mixture wrong and cause irritation to your nasal passages, etc. Or maybe they just want your money. :lol:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I just read through the paperwork and it says not to mix your own because the ingredients won't be as pure as theirs, you could get the mixture wrong and cause irritation to your nasal passages, etc. Or maybe they just want your money. :lol:

When the packets are gone, I will mix my own. That's as Lola Granola as I get :lol: