Nose bidet/Neti pot

D-35

Neti-Pot Sinus Pressure Relief

CVS here in California had them. CVS near you?

Neti-Pot kits can be found at WalMart, Cold/Sinus Aisle, bottom shelf.

Grab a (1) Gal bottle of distilled water too. Read and follow the directions and you'll be amazed how your sinus pressure just subsides.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Neti-Pot kits can be found at WalMart, Cold/Sinus Aisle, bottom shelf.

Grab a (1) Gal bottle of distilled water too. Read and follow the directions and you'll be amazed how your sinus pressure just subsides.

You don't need distilled water, just warm tap water.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I don't have the time for all that. Nor do I want to be bothered with it. Day keeps trying to get me to go, but I refuse. :ohwell:

I use one every day now. (netti pot). If it is running down your throat, you need to tilt your head further forward until it isn't. You'll find it becomes natural in a few days. Make sure you use warm water with the solution. The cold is not good. Chasey, if you can get it working, you'll love it. I can't live without mine now. It works better than an allergy pill, I think.

May I ask where you got it? Rite Aid in Charlotte Hall didn't have them.
Tidewater Pharmacy. They may not carry the Neti Pot brand, but they do have a sinus rinse that uses a 8 oz (or so) squeeze bottle. That is the brand I have. Worked like a charm. Used warm (as hot as I could stand) tap water and the packet in the box.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Tidewater Pharmacy. They may not carry the Neti Pot brand, but they do have a sinus rinse that uses a 8 oz (or so) squeeze bottle. That is the brand I have. Worked like a charm. Used warm (as hot as I could stand) tap water and the packet in the box.

8 ounces! :faint:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

:yay: Got mine at CVS...have had it for years..works great!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I will be finding one after work today.

CVS, on your way home. They have 3 different brands. I got the SinuCleanse. Seems to work fine. :shrug: My head feels better, and I don't have the nasal drip into my throat.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I use one every day now. (netti pot). If it is running down your throat, you need to tilt your head further forward until it isn't. You'll find it becomes natural in a few days. Make sure you use warm water with the solution. The cold is not good. Chasey, if you can get it working, you'll love it. I can't live without mine now. It works better than an allergy pill, I think.

I love my Neti during allergy season or if I have a sinus infection. I use a small amount of grapefruit seed extract and/or tea tree oil (in addition to the neti pot salt) you can buy it already in a mix but since I had it on hand I made it myself. When I use it I have seen out of the corner of my eye as the gunk drains out of my nostril. It works.

I will be finding one after work today.

Good Earth, Leonardtown, don't forget to get the neti pot salt.

This video cracks me up every time I watch it. The brand the woman is using is my favorite, it's easy and it doesn't shoot up your nose. I have the plastic model for travel and safety.

Last edited:

ShyGirl

The store brand solutions sting the crap out of my nose.

I use a bulb syringe, and mix one third teaspoon of kosher salt, a pinch of baking soda and warm water in an 8 ounce cup. Be sure to stir the solution. Fill the bulb, stick it at the opening of one side of your nose and gently squeeze!

First I gargle some of it to loosen up the mucus at the back of my throat, but a hot cup of tea with lemon in the morning will get the sludge moving too.

When I was younger, I lived in the water. Long Island Sound all summer, and indoor pools all winter. I dove down alot, so I was always getting either salt or chlorinated water up my nose, then I'd have a runny nose as it drained back out. Never had any issues with sinus until I stopped swimming. Salt water was the best for any sinus or skin aliment.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
When I was younger, I lived in the water. Long Island Sound all summer, and indoor pools all winter. I dove down alot, so I was always getting either salt or chlorinated water up my nose, then I'd have a runny nose as it drained back out. Never had any issues with sinus until I stopped swimming. Salt water was the best for any sinus or skin aliment.

Indeed, growing up on the Jersey Shore, anytime I visited and wasn't feeling 100% my mom made me go to the beach for a swim. That salt water cleared me out.