Nose bidet/Neti pot

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I don't have the time for all that. Nor do I want to be bothered with it. Day keeps trying to get me to go, but I refuse. :ohwell:

Getting shots was the best thing I ever did. I stayed sick and was hospitalized three times in 5 years with pneumonia. Fall allergens affect me worse than springtime allergens, but both are pretty hard on me.

I took the shots for 10 years and never once that entire time did I get sick. I've been off of them now for about 7 years, and I'm seriously thinking about going back on them.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Unless I'm using it wrong, didn't do anything for me.

I have the neilmedi brand. I put hot water in it along with the packets of solution. Tilt my head, place the opening in one nostril lifted the pot. I could feel the warm water in my nasal area, and nothing came out the other nostril so I just kind of waited for it to do it's magic. After a few mins, the solution started coming out the other nostril, but no gunk like other people talk about. So then I do the other nostril and same thing, solution, but nothing else. I let it drain some and then I blew my nose, nothing but the solution stuff. But yet, I am still stopped up. I even "gargeled" it in my nose a little to see if that did anything. Am I using it wrong?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I have the neilmedi brand. I put hot water in it along with the packets of solution. Tilt my head, place the opening in one nostril lifted the pot. I could feel the warm water in my nasal area, and nothing came out the other nostril so I just kind of waited for it to do it's magic. After a few mins, the solution started coming out the other nostril, but no gunk like other people talk about. So then I do the other nostril and same thing, solution, but nothing else. I let it drain some and then I blew my nose, nothing but the solution stuff. But yet, I am still stopped up. I even "gargeled" it in my nose a little to see if that did anything. Am I using it wrong?
Sounds like you're doing it right. My left side was clogged this am and took quite awhile for the stuff to drain but again, it was only clear solution. I'm thinking do it in the evening after your nose has had all day to clear itself.

Flushed out all those cobwebs, eh?
I guess! :lmao:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I tried the neilmed kind with the squirt bottle..and I can not..for the life of me figure it out. Seeing me try is a sight to behold. all it did was go straight out of my nostril..no matter what I did...

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I tried the neilmed kind with the squirt bottle..and I can not..for the life of me figure it out. Seeing me try is a sight to behold. all it did was go straight out of my nostril..no matter what I did...
Would you be so kind as to make a cell phone video and post for us? TIA :flowers:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Would you be so kind as to make a cell phone video and post for us? TIA :flowers:

It would be funny..seeing as how I even tried leaning backwards with my head in the sink..then thought that maybe I wasnt squeezing the bottle hard enough...needless to say I was still stuffy but the mirror was strangely shiny when I wiped the solution off of it...

Pete

Repete
Why is it CIA agents pour water up some terrorists nose it is torture if you use a little teapot looking thing and do the same thing it is not?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
It would be funny..seeing as how I even tried leaning backwards with my head in the sink..then thought that maybe I wasnt squeezing the bottle hard enough...needless to say I was still stuffy but the mirror was strangely shiny when I wiped the solution off of it...

Lean forward, it works better :lol:

Vince

Why is it CIA agents pour water up some terrorists nose it is torture if you use a little teapot looking thing and do the same thing it is not?
They didn't use hot water when they did it to me. So maybe it wasn't torture. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

The directions on mine said you can do it every two hours, so you may want to do that. The way it was explained to me is that when you irrigate, you're removing mucous from the maxillary area of your sinuses, so that the deeper sinuses that the irrigation can't reach, can drain easier.

Also, inflamed sinus tissue will also feel like congestion, so that might be the problem, too.

I also don't think you should be using hot water. Lukewarm.

A little research and I came up with adding a small amount of baking soda.

Last edited: