Now we know: it was (and remains) an attempted coup

PsyOps

Pixelated
You make a lot of assumptions but none of them are based on fact. What law would Rosenstein have been breaking?

It’s really that simple. Name the law he would be breaking by recording in the whitehouse. :yay:

BTW, you still haven’t shown the quote where McCabe said Rosenstein would do anything illegal.

I work in a secure government facility. We are not allowed to bring cell phones, recording devices, transmitting devices (such as fitbits), cameras... If you're caught with one, the device will be confiscated and you will likely be arrested. Charges would be determined based on whether it was determined to be accidental or intentional. Omarosa should have been charged with violating Nationals Security Rules and Regulations established by DHS and the White House.

"Juliette Kayyem, a former top Homeland Security official under President Obama who is now a CNN national security analyst, was aghast at Omarosa's admission during Sunday's "Meet the Press" show, the official start of Omarosa's national book tour...

... In a CNN story published Sunday, Kayyem wrote that "external devices" such as smartphones or recorders are strictly prohibited from the Situation Room"...

... "The fact that the recording exists is shocking; that it allegedly happened in the most secure room in the White House – known as a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) – would represent a violation of strict internal procedures prohibiting unsecure devices there," Kayyem wrote. "The goal is to keep America safe."

Why she wasn't charged, I don't know. But, Rosenstein conspired to illegally record Trump.

I'll grant you your ignorance because you don't work in this environment. But you're speaking out of your ass if you think this would not be a violation of the law governing SCIF and protected government facilities. You ought to stick to what you know.

Midnightrider

I work in a secure government facility. We are not allowed to bring cell phones, recording devices, transmitting devices (such as fitbits), cameras... If you're caught with one, the device will be confiscated and you will likely be arrested. Charges would be determined based on whether it was determined to be accidental or intentional. Omarosa should have been charged with violating Nationals Security Rules and Regulations established by DHS and the White House.

"Juliette Kayyem, a former top Homeland Security official under President Obama who is now a CNN national security analyst, was aghast at Omarosa's admission during Sunday's "Meet the Press" show, the official start of Omarosa's national book tour...

... In a CNN story published Sunday, Kayyem wrote that "external devices" such as smartphones or recorders are strictly prohibited from the Situation Room"...

... "The fact that the recording exists is shocking; that it allegedly happened in the most secure room in the White House – known as a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) – would represent a violation of strict internal procedures prohibiting unsecure devices there," Kayyem wrote. "The goal is to keep America safe."

Why she wasn't charged, I don't know. But, Rosenstein conspired to illegally record Trump.

I'll grant you your ignorance because you don't work in this environment. But you're speaking out of your ass if you think this would not be a violation of the law governing SCIF and protected government facilities. You ought to stick to what you know.
Her violation would have been recording in the SCIF, not breaking recording law.

Again, where did they say anything about an illegal recording? The vast majority of the whitehouse is not a SCIF area and employees and visitors can and do carry electronic devices.

Midnightrider

If I may ...

DC law is not superior to Federal law. That also means that DC law has no jurisdiction in Federal buildings. Once one steps into a Federal building, Federal law immediately applies over that of the district. Just look at all the security signage. Everything law quoted as, "in violation off", is, (United State Code), USC this and USC that. Everyone who is anyone knows what applies.
And federal law only requires the consent of one party :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Her violation would have been recording in the SCIF, not breaking recording law.

Again, where did they say anything about an illegal recording? The vast majority of the whitehouse is not a SCIF area and employees and visitors can and do carry electronic devices.

I'm saying it would have been illegal. What the media reports is out the same ignorance as your operating on; a fundamental lack of understand of the rules that govern secure government facilities.

Here's a challenge for you... strap a recording device to your body and try to get in the White House with it. Let us know how things go.

TCROW

Here's a challenge for you... strap a recording device to your body and try to get in the White House with it. Let us know how things go.

You mean like a modern smartphone with an app for recording using the built-in mic? Are you saying I wouldn’t be able to get into the WH with that in my back pocket?

PsyOps

Pixelated
You mean like a modern smartphone with an app for recording using the built-in mic? Are you saying I wouldn’t be able to get into the WH with that in my back pocket?

"Note that smartphones and compact cameras with a lens no longer than 3 inches are permitted on the public tour route, but video recording devices and flash photography are not allowed inside the White House. Visitors will go through security prior to entering the White House."

We really are talking about places where ordinary citizens can't get go: Oval Office, Situation Room... where recording devices are only allowed when approved and all parties are away they are being recorded. Rosenstein was talking about SNEAKING a recording device into the WH. If he is authorized to record in the WH, why would be need to sneak it in?

What is wrong with you people and your logic?

TCROW

"Note that smartphones and compact cameras with a lens no longer than 3 inches are permitted on the public tour route, but video recording devices and flash photography are not allowed inside the White House. Visitors will go through security prior to entering the White House."

We really are talking about places where ordinary citizens can't get go: Oval Office, Situation Room... where recording devices are only allowed when approved and all parties are away they are being recorded. Rosenstein was talking about SNEAKING a recording device into the WH. If he is authorized to record in the WH, why would be need to sneak it in?

I'm not asking about visiting as a tourist.

Midnightrider

I'm saying it would have been illegal. What the media reports is out the same ignorance as your operating on; a fundamental lack of understand of the rules that govern secure government facilities.

You saying it doesn’t make it so. If it were omarosa would have been charged. The federal and DC laws both say it is a one party consent jurisdiction.

Like I said, staffers and visitors keep their phones in MOST parts of the whitehouse. That in and of itself says that your claims of a completely secure facility are misguided.
And how could Trump or anyone else have consented to something they didn't know was happening?
Talk about speaking from a place of ignorance. The one party is the one doing the recording.

Midnightrider

If he doesn’t conceal it trump isn’t going to say anything stupid.

Do you think undercover cops tell their suspects they are being recorded? Do you think that means the undercover cop is doing someth8ng illegal? The whole idea of a concealed wire that the person being recorded doesn’t know.

This_person

I suspect that it would be something you sign for access to a private, policy-decision type of meeting with the president.

I'm pretty sure they let phones in the building, since most everyone there has one. I equally am pretty sure that there is a prohibition on recording policy discussions and releasing those discussions without permission of the principals.