numbness on left side of face

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
my Best friend that I have known forever was in the store the other day when all of a sudden the left side of her face went numb. She said her lips felt like a bee stung them or that she went to the dentist and had blurry vision on one eye.

I took her to St Marys ER.
Where she waited for almost 4 hours until someone saw her and admitted her.

She stayed in the hopsital for 4 days going through every test you could think of.

They told her that she may have MS. She may have lupus, she may have just an infection from the cut.

Then they let her go home.

has anyone in here gone through this or know someone that did?

Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
:eyebrow: Did they give her a course of action or anything? She should probably see her doctor and push for a diagnosis.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Nickel said:
:eyebrow: Did they give her a course of action or anything? She should probably see her doctor and push for a diagnosis.

that is another story
all those tests and around 8 that night they come in tell her that she has been discharged and needs to leave.

She had no ride, because I took her in and she told them it was late and may not find a ride home but they said that she needed to work on that.

they gave her two papers, a prescription and that was it.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
clippa said:
Why did she have to wait 4 hours in the ER? It was lot of people there?

Not as many as usual...they were waiting to figure out what to do I guess....I am not sure...she sat there from 8 and was taken to a room around 12.

meangirl

Nice lady!
Nicole_in_somd said:
that is another story
all those tests and around 8 that night they come in tell her that she has been discharged and needs to leave.

She had no ride, because I took her in and she told them it was late and may not find a ride home but they said that she needed to work on that.

they gave her two papers, a prescription and that was it.

What did they prescribe? They didn't say at all what it was?? :jameo:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
meangirl said:
What did they prescribe? They didn't say at all what it was?? :jameo:

I am not kidding, they pushed this poor woman out the door.

We asked the pharmacy what the drugs were for and one is for high blood pressure. the other for migrane.

Angel

~*~*~
Nicole_in_somd said:
really? hmmmm like an infection?
My best friend called me early one morning with the same symptoms your friend had. My initial thought was a stroke, but I didn't say that (for fear of scaring the crap out of her and the fact that I'm a hypochondriac) and suggested she go to the ER immediately. They diagnosed her with a Sinus Infection, prescribed her some medicines and before we knew it she was good as new. I'm not saying that is or isn't the same thing your friend is going through, but it's a thought.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Angel said:
My best friend called me early one morning with the same symptoms your friend had. My initial thought was a stroke, but I didn't say that (for fear of scaring the crap out of her and the fact that I'm a hypochondriac) and suggested she go to the ER immediately. They diagnosed her with a Sinus Infection, prescribed her some medicines and before we knew it she was good as new. I'm not saying that is or isn't the same thing your friend is going through, but it's a thought.

:huggy: thanks. I am hoping that it is something like that. hows your friend doing now...good I hope