numbness on left side of face

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
mv_princess said:
Sounds like that to me, infact I am gettin mine back again...

If you have questions please ask...

what happened? how long did it last? what caused it?

ok that is enough for now.

Angel

~*~*~
Nicole_in_somd said:
:huggy: thanks. I am hoping that it is something like that. hows your friend doing now...good I hope
My friend is doing well. The meds cured all. I hope your friends diagnosis is as simple as sinuses. :huggy:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Angel said:
My friend is doing well. The meds cured all. I hope your friends diagnosis is as simple as sinuses. :huggy:

thanks and so do I. I guess that if the tests should something they would not have released her the way they did.

I will keep you all posted...thanks for all the help

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Nicole_in_somd said:
my Best friend that I have known forever was in the store the other day when all of a sudden the left side of her face went numb. She said her lips felt like a bee stung them or that she went to the dentist and had blurry vision on one eye.

I took her to St Marys ER.
Where she waited for almost 4 hours until someone saw her and admitted her.

She stayed in the hopsital for 4 days going through every test you could think of.

They told her that she may have MS. She may have lupus, she may have just an infection from the cut.

Then they let her go home.

has anyone in here gone through this or know someone that did?
I had this once during a pregnancy (9 years ago) and the doctor told me it was a combination of the baby laying on a certain nerve and the onset of a migrane headache, it also included a strange sort of tunnel vision. I haven't had it since then but if it ever happens again, I'd see a doctor right away.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nicole_in_somd said:
what happened? how long did it last? what caused it?

ok that is enough for now.
My ear drained real bad...then a couple days later my face went numb, thus causing the dropping effect...
It lasted a couple of weeks, about 6. With heavy meds.
chicken pocs in the ear...

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
mv_princess said:
My ear drained real bad...then a couple days later my face went numb, thus causing the dropping effect...

did you have anything with the lips?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nicole_in_somd said:
did you have anything with the lips?
Yup. bells palsy can work differently with different people. But generally it will cause numbness, not much pain...So I find the lip thing to be strange, but then it can effect everyone differently.

I would ask for a steriod treatment, it's only a few days and should help

Bay_Kat

Tropical
mv_princess said:

I had chicken pox when I was 27 and I was miserable, the worst thing I can think of going through. I had them everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE! The ones in the ears were the worst. I thought I had them as a kid, but talked to my older siblings who were at least 4 years older than me (I was the baby of 8) and they say I never had them. Go figure.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Bay_Kat said:
I had chicken pox when I was 27 and I was miserable, the worst thing I can think of going through. I had them everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE! The ones in the ears were the worst. I thought I had them as a kid, but talked to my older siblings who were at least 4 years older than me (I was the baby of 8) and they say I never had them. Go figure.
Getting them when you are older is much worse....I never got the out break like everyone else did. But then i also had shingles at the same time...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
mv_princess said:
Getting them when you are older is much worse....I never got the out break like everyone else did. But then i also had shingles at the same time...

That's terrible, my sister in law had those and she said they are very painful. What a horrible thing to go through.

Yes chicken pox are bad at an older age and I really thought I was going to die it was that bad, I had never felt so sick in my life.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Bay_Kat said:
That's terrible, my sister in law had those and she said they are very painful. What a horrible thing to go through.

Yes chicken pox are bad at an older age and I really thought I was going to die it was that bad, I had never felt so sick in my life.
the only good thing was that Because of the Bells Palsy i didn't have any pain they cancelled each other out, which is a great thing for a 9 yr old

bcp

In My Opinion
usagent said:
That happened to my girlfriends face once. I'd used Chloraseptic to prolong my erection.

wouldnt it have worked better if you would have sprayed it on your tool instead of her face?

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
clippa said:
Nicole in somd,
Let us know how she doing. I wish her quick recovery!

I will. I feel so sorry for her, not knowing is the worse thing. Now she is afraid to go anywhere in fear she will have another attack.

Her poor children, are worried too. I wish they would have found something out at the hospital or in the very least explain to her the results of the tests and what the next steps are.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Bay_Kat said:
I had this once during a pregnancy (9 years ago) and the doctor told me it was a combination of the baby laying on a certain nerve and the onset of a migrane headache, it also included a strange sort of tunnel vision. I haven't had it since then but if it ever happens again, I'd see a doctor right away.

I had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant a couple of years ago....they told me the same thing, that the baby was on a nerve along with the onset of a migraine.

Then it happened again about a year after I had my first episode when I wasn't pregnant. They did an MRI of my brain and they did find out that I had severe sinusitis. My numbness/tingling extended down my one arm though during both episodes. They also said that migraines can do that. Very scary stuff. I would have your friend see her normal doctor and ask they do an MRI. :shrug:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
GeezLouise said:
I had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant a couple of years ago....they told me the same thing, that the baby was on a nerve along with the onset of a migraine.

Then it happened again about a year after I had my first episode when I wasn't pregnant. They did an MRI of my brain and they did find out that I had severe sinusitis. My numbness/tingling extended down my one arm though during both episodes. They also said that migraines can do that. Very scary stuff. I would have your friend see her normal doctor and ask they do an MRI. :shrug:

I think you are right. I spoke to her this morning and she said that he left side of the face is getting that feeling again. I think it is a inection, whihc her blood tests showed.

I guess my question is if she had an infection then why did the hospital fail to give her antibiotics?

Weird.

If only they had taken the time to talk to her. She was so out of it that she could not gain her composure long enough to ask questions

she is looking for a good doctor now that will listen and knows what they are talking about.

Anybody know of a good Doctor in this area? Someone mentioned cafferty

J

jp2854

I go to dr. schmidt shes good and she actually listens. if she needs an ent dr daley (spelling) is good too.