numbness on left side of face

Mrgaritavill

Hail to the Redskins!
Does she have braces? I had something similar happen when I was younger and had braces. At first they couldnt figure out why the side of my face was numb and swollen, but they eventually figured out that it was like an infected duct in my cheek or something from the braces. Antibiotics fixed it.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
A guy I know had the same symptoms this a.m. Lip is numb and drooping. He's at the ER right now.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
jetmonkey said:
because of insurance
:bs: When I broke my nose, busted up my face and needed all those stitches, was throwing up blood because I so much of it was running down my throat,nose into my stomach, and there was nobody in the waiting room, and I had great health insurance - those asses made me wait 5 hours. St. Mary's hospital is incompetent. After that experience there, I have sworn if anything ever happened again, I'd rather go across the county line.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
migtig said:
:bs: When I broke my nose, busted up my face and needed all those stitches, was throwing up blood because I so much of it was running down my throat,nose into my stomach, and there was nobody in the waiting room, and I had great health insurance - those asses made me wait 5 hours. St. Mary's hospital is incompetent. After that experience there, I have sworn if anything ever happened again, I'd rather go across the county line.

Civista is worse.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
camily said:
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/Facial-Problems-Noninjury-Topic-Overview
Interesting. Also, I have a friend who was on the pill for years. her husband just has a vasectomy so she is no longer on the pill. She was experiencing the same type of symptoms includingthe facial numbness. Turns out it is/was her body reacting to the sudden loss of hormone from the pill after so many years.

great post camily. the link had a lot of great info :huggy:

J

jp2854

Nicole_in_somd said:
great post camily. the link had a lot of great info :huggy:
nichole check your pm's i sent u one with some information in it.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Angel said:
Do we know what's going on with your friend yet?

She has a MRI/MRA scheduled for Monday. She is feeling better though.

The Doctors are waiting until all the tests are completed until they tell her anything.