NYC / NY Cesspool

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

NYC not like the ‘movies or shows at all,’ TikTokker cries in viral video

New York City is not all it’s cracked up to be, whines one TikTokker in a hilarious viral video that has hit close to home for many.

“It’s so lonely, it’s disgusting … it’s not what it looks like in the movies or the shows at all,” gripes Benton McClintock, 26, a comedian and content creator.

The video is written from the point of view of a new graduate who moved to the Big Apple from Alabama six months ago. Though McClintock says it’s a parody, there are slivers of truth in the one-minute video that has racked up over 1.2 million views.

“I thought I was going to be like living in the West Village, and you know, like dating a rich man who’s, like, an heir to a Fortune 500 company — but that’s just like not happening. I’m waiting in line at a place called Pianos every weekend to just, you know, get drinks spilled on me by frat bros,” McClintock says, convincingly in tears.

“Pianos is so accurate,” commented one viewer with crying and laughing emojis.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dozens Of NYC Seniors Evicted From Nursing Home Turned Into Migrant Shelter

Tammaro told Fox News that he had lived in the center for five years, and intended to spend the rest of his days there until he and the other members were notified that they were being kicked out. After he was evicted, Tammaro’s family found out that the center was turned into a migrant shelter.

“I do get upset when I see them handing out all this money and all these things, and I’m paying taxes and getting kicked out,” Tammaro said. “I’ve never got anything from the city. Or the state.”

The veteran’s daughter, with whom he now lives, echoed the same sentiment. “I don’t understand it at all. It’s not fair to anybody,” Barbara Annunziata said. “These migrants, they’re getting everything. They’re getting everything and I can’t get nothing for [Tammaro]. It angers me.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Gov. Hochul Humiliates Herself With Bizarre Claim About George Santos’s Seat

Well, that was apparently news to Hochul, who responded to Santos’s expulsion on Friday by posting on X/Twitter, “I am prepared to undertake the solemn responsibility of filling the vacancy in New York’s 3rd District. The people of Long Island deserve nothing less.”

There was no mention of a special election, giving the impression that Hochul was under the impression that she, as governor, was empowered to fill the vacancy. This prompted a flurry of user reactions, pointing out her error and even a Community Note pointing out that Hochul had no power to fill the vacancy and that she could only call for a special election. The post remains live on the platform and has accumulated over 2.3 million views.

Some even wondered whether she got it wrong or intended to appoint someone despite the lack of power to do so. She’s certainly not above tyrannical governance.

After the humiliating error, Hochul and her term quickly sought to backtrack.

On the governor’s website, a virtually identical statement was posted, with a not-so-subtle addition:

"I am prepared to undertake the solemn responsibility of filling the vacancy in New York’s 3rd District by scheduling a special election. The people of Long Island and Queens deserve nothing less."

It wasn’t exactly the most eloquent save, but at least she tried.

Continuing the “I always meant scheduling a special election” ruse, her official X/Twitter posted a clarifying follow-up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nicole Malliotakis: NYC Officials Are Trying to Register Migrants to Vote

Rep. Nicole Malliotakis (R-NY) accused New York City officials of attempting to register to vote newly arrived border crossers and illegal aliens living in city-contracted shelters, during a press conference Sunday.

Malliotakis said New York City officials required contractors, those tasked with running the city’s widespread migrant shelter system, to hand out voter registration pamphlets and help migrants register to vote.

“We believe this is the smoking gun that proves what we’ve been saying all along — that the city intends to register non-citizens to vote,” Malliotakis said.

The accusation comes as Malliotakis received documents related to a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request that detailed a contract between New York City and Homes for the Homeless, just one of the many non-governmental organizations (NGOs) being paid to care for border crossers and illegal aliens.

Malliotakis provided the documents she obtained from the FOIL request:

Document via Rep. Nicole Malliotakis

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Mayor Adams’ hotel-for-migrants money pit

Open as a welcome center and shelter since May, it’s supposed to demonstrate how heroically the mayor is handling everything, even if President Biden won’t pick up the tab.

Instead, it’s become a physical blight, with graffiti scrawled all over the back, dozens of illegal mopeds strewn every which way, metal grates everywhere, trash overflowing two giant containers placed smack in the street, blacked-out windows.

There’s no evidence Adams ever sends a top deputy over to see what’s going on; the city’s security contractors run the place.

It’s really simple to assess how this mayor is doing. Take a walk over there, and ask yourself: Would Mayor Mike Bloomberg have allowed the Roosevelt, under city control, to fall into this mess? Would Rudy Giuliani? Would even Bill de Blasio?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New York City Approves Democrat Plan FORCING Workers With Cars To PAY To Drive To Work Everyday!​

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Wasn't there something similar some years back? An added tax on anyone who owned a car in the city? I seem to remember it happening in NYC.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New York City Approves Democrat Plan FORCING Workers With Cars To PAY To Drive To Work Everyday!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Help is not on the way': Eric Adams faces grim reality Biden will not aid NYC in fixing migrant crisis

Adams noted in a Friday press conference that the city's residents are weary, angry, and "seeing the impact of the migrant and asylum seeker issue, how it is taking away from the resources that should go to the day‑to‑day services of running the city."

He said that he "did not walk out from D.C. with any level of optimism that anything is going to drastically change." Adams added, "It is clear that for the time being, this crisis is going to be carried by the cities."

Adams told the crowd that the city is in an "untenable situation right now" as it faces a $7 billion budget deficit, and it is "painful for the city" because "our federal government actions have taken a toll on the people of this city."

"As I left Washington D.C., I did not leave with optimism, I left with the cold reality that help is not on the way in the immediate future," Adams added. "It's going to be up to New Yorkers and this administration to continue to navigate this challenge that we're facing."

Hijinx

We are a +freaking sanctuary country, thanks to Joe Biden, his Obama leader and the Democrats.
The whole country is filling up with terrorists, Muslims (same thing), and the dregs of the rest of the world.

We aren't seeing the artists, the educated, the professionals seeking to come to America, we are seeing the freeloaders of poor countries rolling in to get their share of the taxpayer goodies Joe and Obama are passing out to the drones.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New York City officials to charge drivers to decrease congestion

Under the plan, drivers could pay up to $15 to enter the central business district in Manhattan, but New York City officials say the plan will reduce congestion and pollution while generating funding for crucial capital projects like the extension of subway lines.

“I think it's like very over the top. I don't understand what it means. It just, it doesn't make sense,” said Micheal Tellez, a New York resident.

With a 9-to-1 vote, congestion pricing took a major turn in New York City as the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, or MTA, approved a congestion pricing plan.

While it would require most drivers to pay a $15 base fare for entering the central business district south of 60th Street in Manhattan, there will be discounts available for low-income drivers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
New York Mayor Eric Adams blasted city council’s “far-left agenda” after it approved two controversial bills on Wednesday banning solitary confinement for inmates in jails and forcing police officers to report every street encounter, no matter how small.

The embattled mayor, a former NYPD captain, was staunchly opposed to both bills, whose passage he blamed on a “numerical minority” that is “controlling the narrative.”

“This assault on public safety is just wrong,” Adams told WABC radio host John Catsimatidis on his “Cats & Cosby Show” Wednesday night.

“The overwhelming number of people in the city — they support their police. They want their police to do public safety, and not filling out paperwork. That’s the same with the Department of Corrections,” Adams said.

The two bills were slammed by the city’s police and jail guard unions. They were passed Wednesday with a veto-proof majority, meaning they will likely become law.

Adams said that the council’s leftist contingent is “digging in deep” on progressive issues and refusing to budge.

“You have people who have a far-left agenda, who don’t believe in supporting police, and they’re just writing this legislation, and just handing it over to the council people,” he said.

Councilmembers voted Wednesday to ban solitary confinement in city jails. Instead, an inmate will only be separated from the general population if they’ve been involved in a violent incident while in custody.