Obama and Islam...

This_person

...sticks out like a sore thumb because they are so rare and so obscure. Grab you a newspaper sometime, or maybe get you some Internets access and search around a bit. You'll find world and regional leaders, who are also Muslim, calling for the destruction of entire nations. You'll found learned and respected and accepted Muslim religious leaders sanctioning and promoting violence, based on the teachings of their faith, on individuals as well as nations, be it authors, play writes, journalists, satirists and so on.

You will also find folks like Westboro denounced long and loud and very publicly by one and all on their side, other Westerners and others of their faith. You will not find very much of that on the other side. Call it agreement. Call it fear. It just is what it is.

The word for today is; perspective.

An individual is a kook. A whole bunch of people with the same ideas is something more. Much more.
Well written. It will fall on deaf ears to people who believe ALL religious people are equally bad, by definition, but well written anyway.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thank...

Well written. It will fall on deaf ears to people who believe ALL religious people are equally bad, by definition, but well written anyway.

...you.

That is the rank hypocrisy of the American left; they scorn faith if it is Christianity. Celebrate it if it is anything else and privately insult all of it as superstition and kookery and superstition.

All while worshiping trees, man made global warming and politicians they see as messiahs. :lmao:

T

tiny_dancer33

...you.

That is the rank hypocrisy of the American left; they scorn faith if it is Christianity. Celebrate it if it is anything else and privately insult all of it as superstition and kookery and superstition.

All while worshiping trees, man made global warming and politicians they see as messiahs. :lmao:

Let's not get started on hypocrisy, there's far too many examples of the right on that subject as well. Ted Haggard, anyone? And I'm a moderate. :shrug:

There are plenty of religious Christian voters who choose the left and the left's ideals because it reminds them that there's hope for human decency and equality in this country. And that's a direct quote from my very religious Christian grandmother. It is impossible for anyone to say that the left as a whole scorns the religious. They just happen to accept many varieties of the religious.

Sorry, it just irks me when people assume that everyone on the left is a fundie environmentalist at the expense of faith. Definitely definitely not so. The argument my religious left-leaning relatives make is something like, "Why wouldn't we want to protect the earth that God gave us?"

And I don't see anything wrong with that.

Kerad

...you.

I am an equal opportunity scorner, thank you very much. I see all organized religions as equally self serving and full of it.

No offense intended, everyone.

B

Bruzilla

larry, you know as well as I do that some crazy muslims are not the same as every muslim in the world is crazy.

just as not every christian in the world is not the westboro baptist church.

Actually I do believe that Larry was one of those who were fearful of the Iraqi doctor in Prince Frederick was planning to swim across the Patuxent River and launch an attack on NAS... and I believe he was one who thought the Islamic women who wanted to have their faces covered in the driver's license photos were all terrorists as well. So I think he does believe that every Muslim in the world is crazy.

Kerad

Actually I do believe that Larry was one of those who were fearful of the Iraqi doctor in Prince Frederick was planning to swim across the Patuxent River and launch an attack on NAS... and I believe he was one who thought the Islamic women who wanted to have their faces covered in the driver's license photos were all terrorists as well. So I think he does believe that every Muslim in the world is crazy.

:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Uh...

...I don't think so. Last time I got a physical, last winter, my doc was, I think, a Muslim, though I didn't ask. He held my jewels and stuck a finger up my azz. No harm.

I am a charcter first person. I even like Jews. The trustworthy ones.

:lmao: