Obama & Arizona Governor Have Words...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
:coffee:

He stepped off Air Force One at 3:28 pm and was greeted by Gov. Jan Brewer. She handed him a handwritten letter in an envelope and they spoke intensely for a few minutes. At one point, she pointed her finger at him.

Afterwards, (I) spoke with the governor.

"He was a little disturbed about my book, Scorpions for Breakfast," Brewer said. "I said to him that I have all the respect in the world for the office of the president. The book is what the book is. I asked him if he read the book. He said he read the excerpt. So."

Asked what aspect of the book disturbed him, Brewer said: "That he didn't feel that I had treated him cordially. I said I was sorry he felt that way but I didn't get my sentence finished. Anyway, we're glad he's here. I'll regroup."

On the letter, she said it was personal letter asking him to sit down with her to discuss the "Arizona comeback."

She said she "reiterated an invitation that I've extended to him before with regards to coming to Arizona and going to the border with me." She said she would take him to lunch.

"We've had a remarkable comeback here and I want to share that with him."

She said the president brought up the book.
Brewer, Obama exchange tense words over book, immigration at airport

Oooh! I just just just finished reading that and come to the forums to see if there was a thread about it! Heeeee brought up the book... she was trying to talk about our borders and to do lunch and he broke in just so he could whine about how he didn't think she treated him cordially in the book? Wow. And then he walked away mid-sentence to her rebuttal to HIS topic... wow.

Bann

Oooh! I just just just finished reading that and come to the forums to see if there was a thread about it! Heeeee brought up the book... she was trying to talk about our borders and to do lunch and he broke in just so he could whine about how he didn't think she treated him cordially in the book? Wow. And then he walked away mid-sentence to her rebuttal to HIS topic... wow.

He's the Won! :shrug:

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Anybody have the actual quote from the book? I'd be interested to see what the fuss is about.
That having been said, if her story is taken as fact it sounds like she was being disrespectful. Saying you have respect for his office is essentially saying you dont have respect for the man holding it. I don't know what she would expect after a comment like that.

bcp

In My Opinion
Wirelessly posted

Anybody have the actual quote from the book? I'd be interested to see what the fuss is about.
That having been said, if her story is taken as fact it sounds like she was being disrespectful. Saying you have respect for his office is essentially saying you dont have respect for the man holding it. I don't know what she would expect after a comment like that.

After the way he has turned his back on the problem at the Arizona border, I would say that he was the one that showed disrespect first.

And I know what she means, I also respect the office of the president, but I think they need to get that crap stain out of it and restore what it once was.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

bcp said:
Wirelessly posted

After the way he has turned his back on the problem at the Arizona border, I would say that he was the one that showed disrespect first.

And I know what she means, I also respect the office of the president, but I think they need to get that crap stain out of it and restore what it once was.

And if you said that to him I am sure he would walk away from you in midsentence :shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
Wirelessly posted

And if you said that to him I am sure he would walk away from you in midsentence :shrug:

I dont actually have enough respect for him to speak to him in the first place. Im afraid I would walk away if I suspected he was going to try and speak to me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope that this story is either not true or at least greatly embellished. It would disgust me to think that little Bammy, who says the nastiest things and acts like the most vitriolic jerk, would get his widdle feewings hurt because big bad Jan "didn't treat him cordially."

Bann

In her own words:
AZGov.jpg

Audio: Jan Brewer on l’affaire tarmac « Hot Air

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Thanks for posting that link.

He walked away while she was still speaking. How rude. Not that I'm surprised, but one would think that at that level, one would know how to act if you disagree with what someone else is saying while you are engaged in a conversation with them.

Then again, maybe not, as it's not the only time that we've seen poor behavior.

She'll need to watch that pointing finger thing though, even though she didn't remember doing it. Some folks consider that to be really disrespectful.

Bann

He walked away while she was still speaking. How rude. Not that I'm surprised, but one would think that at that level, one would know how to act if you disagree with what someone else is saying while you are engaged in a conversation with them.

She'll need to watch that pointing finger thing though, even though she didn't remember doing it. Some folks consider that to be really disrespectful.

She met with him at the Oval Office to try and discuss her state's situation a year or so ago. He was dismissive to her then, too. I remember hearing about it, but cannot produce a link to the info right now. Will try to find it this evening unless someone else finds it.

bcp

In My Opinion
She met with him at the Oval Office to try and discuss her state's situation a year or so ago. He was dismissive to her then, too. I remember hearing about it, but cannot produce a link to the info right now. Will try to find it this evening unless someone else finds it.

She is on facebook, she discusses these things there.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

twinoaks207 said:

She might not remember it but the ap got a pic of it. I wonder what else she is selectively not remembering. Considering that and her comments about respecting the office, I don't see why she would expect any repect to be shown to her in return.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Lurk said:
thatguy said:
She might not remember it but the ap got a pic of it. I wonder what else she is selectively not remembering. Considering that and her comments about respecting the office, I don't see why she would expect any repect to be shown to her in return.

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot: Search and Browse : Booksamillion.com

I took it straight from twinoaks post, you know, the one I quoted.

twin said:

And I haven't seen a single story where brewer said "he walked away from me after I pointed my finger at him" instead she was on the news claiming she felt threatened but not giving any specifics of the threats.

Btw, nice work deleting your post there lurk. I guess you agree that she has a litlle slective memory going on since you cut that part?

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
Wirelessly posted

And I haven't seen a single story where brewer said "he walked away from me after I pointed my finger at him" instead she was on the news claiming she felt threatened but not giving any specifics of the threats.

Actually, I dont think she did say it that way.
Here exact words on this matter are here.
I greeted President Obama today in Arizona with the intention of talking to him about jobs and the economy.

However, after I greeted him, the President immediately turned the conversation to my book, Scorpions for Breakfast (Amazon.com: Scorpions for Breakfast: My Fight Against Special Interests, Liberal Media, and Cynical Politicos to Secure America's Border (9780062106391): Jan Brewer: Books), criticized it and then walked away. He let me know that he didn't like the way I recounted our meeting in the Oval Office after I signed SB 1070 in 2010.

The bottom line is our border is not secure and I again invited him to visit the Arizona border.

I believe America wants a secure border before addressing "comprehensive immigration reform" and granting amnesty to illegal aliens. On this issue, we'll have to continue to disagree on what's best for America.

I'll keep fighting for Arizona and the rest of America who want a secure border.