"Obama would have handled COVID better"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Obama would have handled COVID better

He would not have dismissed it as a political hoax and would have actually taken action early on.
That's pure bullshit.. Media would have covered for him, he would not have blocked flights from China, and there would be THOUSANDS more bodies piling up while the media reported daily that there is no way anyone could have handled it better.

Media: 5,000 people died today due to Corona, but thank God Obama is our President or it would have been much worse!.

And Obama would be giving speeches about Magic Wands..

PsyOps

Pixelated
Good - maybe you can make up for the 10 million people who lost their jobs.

I'm not convinced a large percentage of those people blame Trump and vote democrat. What I think they'll see is an unpredictable situation and that the government responded with the cash they will need to get through this.

somdwatch

That's pure bullshit.. Media would have covered for him, he would not have blocked flights from China, and there would be THOUSANDS more bodies piling up while the media reported daily that there is no way anyone could have handled it better.

Media: 5,000 people died today due to Corona, but thank God Obama is our President or it would have been much worse!.

And Obama would be giving speeches about Magic Wands..
Not to Mention, The southern border would still be wide open, catch and release, "EffU Americans, we DEMS need their votes cuz we need to buy the vote!"

PsyOps

Pixelated
Trump has not shut down a single state. Not one.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my comment, but he hasn't commented on state shutdowns. I said this to Vrai in another thread that, silence is approval. I'm not sure some of these states doing what they are doing isn't designd to protect us and more designed to control us. What I'm seeing really scares me. We're looking at how easy it is for government to control the people using the guise of a crisis.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

DaSDGuy

Maybe if the press and the dems stopped screaming "Trump is a racist for stopping the Chinese flights" he could have accomplished more. As it is, Trump had to start from scratch since Obamao used all the federal inventory of N95 masks for the SARS epidemic and never replaced them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If and when Obama actually did do anything we'd may have already been past the tipping point. I would guess at this point we would be suffering from at LEAST double the fatalities, and more than triple the cases.

OR! People would have gotten the flu, some would have died - just like every other year - with little fanfare, the vast majority wouldn't have gotten it at all, or would have shaken it off - just like every other year - and 10 million people wouldn't be currently unemployed.

Prior to 2 weeks ago, people didn't consider themselves victims when they got a sore throat.

COVID numbers still aren't anywhere close to seasonal flu cases and deaths. You're smart - run the numbers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Obviously any amount is OK with you, as long as Biden wins

You're new, so let me clarify:

My post was meant to be sarcastic. Biden is the biggest gootz those fools have ever tried to put on the podium, and I've seen them put up Obama and Carter.

So no, I do not want Biden to win anything except the Emmy award for biggest televised idiot.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
OR! People would have gotten the flu, some would have died - just like every other year - with little fanfare, the vast majority wouldn't have gotten it at all, or would have shaken it off - just like every other year - and 10 million people wouldn't be currently unemployed.

Prior to 2 weeks ago, people didn't consider themselves victims when they got a sore throat.

COVID numbers still aren't anywhere close to seasonal flu cases and deaths. You're smart - run the numbers.
I have run the numbers, THIS is not the Flu..

The models are right, and we've broke the models. If we hadn't done what we have done we would be WELL beyond flu deaths, there is no question. We would be well above 1000 deaths a day.. multiply Italy's worst numbers by 5, that's where we should be today.. and we're NOT.

What we are doing is working.

You seem to be saying, because we were successful, and it's not worse than "normal" seasonal deaths, that it's a hoax. Can you tell us with 100% certainty that it would be the same if we had done nothing??? Seriously??

Stop comparing this to the Flu, because it's NOT the flu.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The models are right, and we've broke the models. If we hadn't done what we have done we would be WELL beyond flu deaths, there is no question. We would be well above 1000 deaths a day.. multiply Italy's worst numbers by 5, that's where we should be today.. and we're NOT.

What we are doing is working.

You seem to be saying, because we were successful, and it's not worse than "normal" seasonal deaths, that it's a hoax. Can you tell us with 100% certainty that it would be the same if we had done nothing??? Seriously??

Stop comparing this to the Flu, because it's NOT the flu.

You're right - it's not the flu. The flu is much worse and there are numbers to prove it.

What you CAN'T prove is that these asinine non-measures have prevented a damn thing. Everybody clustered together in the grocery store, but by god lives were saved because they couldn't go get a haircut.

That's ridiculous and I'm surprised you'd even go there. "But it COULD HAVE happened..." is prog talk and I reject that.

SamSpade

The numbers ---- suck. Seriously, they suck. When the numbers suggest a seriously DROPPING mortality rate - they're meaningless.
The models are meaningless because they're based on utter bullshit. Seriously. Bullshit.

Models - previously considered reliable ones - predicted a million or more cases IN THIS COUNTRY. Didn't happen.
For the same reason climate change models haven't panned out - they're based on bullshit data.

Mortality rates - as time progresses - are dropping. They shouldn't. But they are - because as time goes on we are getting a better picture of who gets this, who is getting sick and who is DYING. And it is less lethal every day. Because the numbers. NUMBERS. They say, nope, not as bad.

Once the numbers are close to REGULAR influenza data - we will - hopefully - realize - we've panicked over nothing. It is NOT ten times more deadly than flu. It is NOT five times more contagious than flu. It's close to the same.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
You're right - it's not the flu. The flu is much worse and there are numbers to prove it.

But isn't that just because the numbers for COVID-19 are just not available yet, since it's a brand new virus?

Unofficially and off the record, that my FF/EMS son, when I spoke to him today said according to guidance they're getting - everyone is going to get this sooner or later. Everyone - because it *will make the rounds. Some people will be asymptomatic and "just be spreaders". Some people will get a mild case. Some people will have a bad case and make it through - or they won't. My son, 24, was 100% surly about the precautions and all these "shelter in place" types of suggestions about 10 days ago. But he is pretty much singing another tune right now. He's not saying he LOVES this shelter in place thing or that we should shut down everything,- because it sucks and he's a young guy and something of a mustang - not corralled very easily. :lol: But I can tell has come to a little different point of view in the past 10 days, that's for sure.

He's also said that if someone is in ARD (Acute respiratory Distress) they're (FF/EMS) are not allowed to take certain measures (not the least of which is intubating and doing some kind of "breathing" for the patient - because it spreads so fast, and treating breathing issues in people means that it will infect them.

He also acknowledged it will come back in the fall - when it kicks up again - it will make it's rounds all over. The good news then will be that some will have immunity. Yes, as with the flu - there are people who get it and live and people who don't live. I get the flu shot - a LOT OF PEOPLE DO NOT. And yes, they risk their lives if they are in a high risk group. The problem with COVID-19 is that it is so much more virulent than the flu. And there is no vaccine for it, yet.

The people who die from COVID-19 are going to be the high risk groups. Some of which include overweight, per-diabetic & diabetic people NO MATTER their age, people with high blood pressure, older people with some type of underlying medical issue. Those things weaken an immune system.

**Not all overweight people and not all diabetics - this is a "general" type of comment. I don't have quotes from doctors or other sources. I guess I should go look them up right now and then come back and post those.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Right, but normally what they do when there's a buggy going around is tell those with weak immune systems or health issues or whatever to take precautions, and it's on them. They don't firebomb the whole country.

I'm not at risk, and neither are most Americans. I could make out with Patient Zero and not get sick from this virus. If they catch me real quick I might test positive, but they'd have to hurry before my spectacular antibodies attacked it and killed it. So why are the majority being punished because of the few?

I still maintain that this overreaction is political, not biological. And it doesn't matter what actions Trump took, the Democrats would bitch and whine and call for an investigation.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Right, but normally what they do when there's a buggy going around is tell those with weak immune systems or health issues or whatever to take precautions, and it's on them. They don't firebomb the whole country.

I'm not at risk, and neither are most Americans. I could make out with Patient Zero and not get sick from this virus. If they catch me real quick I might test positive, but they'd have to hurry before my spectacular antibodies attacked it and killed it. So why are the majority being punished because of the few?

I still maintain that this overreaction is political, not biological. And it doesn't matter what actions Trump took, the Democrats would bitch and whine and call for an investigation.
According to the experts on this (who can be disputed, I know, by other experts) the infected and sick would overload the hospitals, thereby creating a public health disaster. That happened in Italy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
According to the experts on this (who can be disputed, I know, by other experts) the infected and sick would overload the hospitals, thereby creating a public health disaster. That happened in Italy.

The more power of suggestion, the more people who are going to think they're sick. That is so common it's cliche. Illness fads are a sad part of our human nature. We've seen it with ADHD, autism, celiac, and every other ailment the Ad Council decides to focus on.

Italy is its own deal and I can't speak to them, but I do know Americans like to freak out and jump on bandwagons. Not that we'll ever know, but it would be interesting to have an alternate universe where this virus was treated like past viruses - reported on, ya'll take care out there, and in other news..... See what would have happened then.

As you said, the "experts" are all over the place with this.

10 million deaths!
Yeah, bullshit.
US will have over 50% infection rate!
Yeah, bullshit.
We need to quarantine!
We need to expose ourselves and trigger our immune system.

So I guess we all just have to believe what we want to believe. But don't you think Trump's daily briefings on this look like a hostage video? "I'm fine and my captors are treating me well... in fact I'm converting to Islam...."