"Obama would have handled COVID better"

SamSpade

You should have slapped that dumbass right in the face and instructed her to watch the daily briefings. Fauci addressed that yesterday and what she claims is a flat out lie.

A shame Fauci isn't a little more cagey when it comes to answers. Wouldn't it have been nice if he'd responded "let me ask YOU a question - is it likely that every day we keep the economy shut down we are adding more death? Is it possible that some of the mitigating measures we are using are making no difference but will create much more harm than good?".

He was given a "do you still beat your wife" kind of question, but not being a politician, he was trusting a journalist to not be an ass about it.

The well documented FACT that the left was up in arms over Trump's initial measures to halt COVID-19 into this country makes it abundantly clear that every day EARLIER he would have tried, he would have faced much stiffer resistance.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A shame Fauci isn't a little more cagey when it comes to answers.

Fauci shouldn't have to be cagey. Our news media should be honest and professional instead of a pack of rabid wolves out for any blood they can extract from their mortal political enemy. They should work for us, the American people, instead of their foreign masters who pay big money for them to spew propaganda.

SamSpade

Fauci shouldn't have to be cagey. Our news media should be honest and professional instead of a pack of rabid wolves out for any blood they can extract from their mortal political enemy. They should work for us, the American people, instead of their foreign masters who pay big money for them to spew propaganda.

Yeah well, if wishes were horses then beggars would ride - it's easier to change ONE person than to expect legions of reporters to behave themselves.

I wish Trump were as clever as Reagan was - they hated Reagan too, but he was MUCH better at making them look stupid, so they tended to hold back a little for fear of being made a fool on national television.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wish Trump were as clever as Reagan was - they hated Reagan too, but he was MUCH better at making them look stupid, so they tended to hold back a little for fear of being made a fool on national television.

The press has changed since Reagan had to deal with them. Back then they had some semblance of professionalism; now all bets are off.

SkylarkTempest

And I'll tell you what else I know:

This new propaganda piece that 748 people a day are dying of coronavirus in the US? That's a fat load of horseshit because if it were true, we'd have 5,000 people per week dying, and 22,000 people per month, and that has not been reported as the case anywhere.

I will go on record right now and predict that we will not have 5,000 new coronavirus deaths - not cases, mind you, but deaths - in the next week. And we certainly will not have 22,000 in the next month.

Hit me up on May 1 and we'll see how I did.

So, it's April 18th and we've had 30015 deaths since your proclamation. With regard to Brix's statement, I don't think you're really listening to what she's saying. At a recent press conference, a question was asked about the numbers being inflated because "people dying of other issues were being listed as COVID deaths."

Here's the entire press conference. The relevant portion begins at 1:35:00.

In her own words, "That underlying condition did not cause their acute death when it's related to a COVID infection. In fact, it's the opposite. Having that underlying condition and getting this virus, we know, is particularly damaging to those individuals."

You don't have to believe Dr. Birx if you don't want to, but she reiterates in this meeting that she has "made it very clear every time [she's] been up [there] about the comorbidities."

So, the numbers are valid. Your claim "that the number of deaths from pretty much every other cause is dropping dramatically" still has not been substantiated. I've asked a number of times for you to back that up since I've looked for that data or reporting and haven't found it. At this point, I can only assume you were..."mistaken". (I understand you agree with our current president, but you don't have emulate the worst parts of his character.)

herb749

So, it's April 18th and we've had 30015 deaths since your proclamation. With regard to Brix's statement, I don't think you're really listening to what she's saying. At a recent press conference, a question was asked about the numbers being inflated because "people dying of other issues were being listed as COVID deaths."

In her own words, "That underlying condition did not cause their acute death when it's related to a COVID infection. In fact, it's the opposite. Having that underlying condition and getting this virus, we know, is particularly damaging to those individuals."

You don't have to believe Dr. Birx if you don't want to, but she reiterates in this meeting that she has "made it very clear every time [she's] been up [there] about the comorbidities."

So, the numbers are valid. Your claim "that the number of deaths from pretty much every other cause is dropping dramatically" still has not been substantiated. I've asked a number of times for you to back that up since I've looked for that data or reporting and haven't found it. At this point, I can only assume you were..."mistaken". (I understand you agree with our current president, but you don't have emulate the worst parts of his character.)

You do know all these deaths will be reviewed after some time and may be changed. Right now its just easy to say CV.

Hessian

BTW...I took a photo of their hysterical predictions about 7 days ago...just to make sure they can't change their version of history.
Instead of 45-70 dying per day as predicted...we are below 10. and the graph projections STILL have not corrected their hysteria.

SkylarkTempest

BTW...I took a photo of their hysterical predictions about 7 days ago...just to make sure they can't change their version of history.
Instead of 45-70 dying per day as predicted...we are below 10. and the graph projections STILL have not corrected their hysteria.

?? I don't quite follow you. Predictions based on mathematical models can't be hysterical, they can only be flawed or be based on incorrect assumptions or bad data. Also, the predicted trend in deaths at this point is only slightly over the observed values. 33 people died yesterday, and 38 so far today.

WingsOfGold

Do you also believe China has 5 deaths because they said so?

SkylarkTempest

From what source are you waiting for that information?

The claim was that deaths from other causes (i.e. cancer, heart disease, etc..) have dropped dramatically recently. I've looked and have found nothing to substantiate that claim. I wanted to know where she got her information. I've private messaged her and have asked several times; she hasn't addressed it.