Obama's whining about a snow day

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
You hit it right on. Especially the part about how people flock to the grocery stores as if we're going to be snowed back into the stone age.
:lol: I have gathered that we have a similar perspective on this. You must be a transplant from somewhere north or west of So. MD.

I hope none of the folks who have been offended by Obama's comments travel to a snowy region during winter because they may well be ridiculed to tears.

awpitt

Main Streeter
:lol: I have gathered that we have a similar perspective on this. You must be a transplant from somewhere north or west of So. MD.

I hope none of the folks who have been offended by Obama's comments travel to a snowy region during winter because they may well be ridiculed to tears.

You gathered right.

I grew up in Colorado Springs and Washington County Md.

If it was snowing and we needed something from the store. Guess what? We went to the store. At that time, the schools used to do a lot of one hour delays just to allow extra time for road crews and the buses.

T

toppick08

Kinda' like folks who can't handle heat and humidity.....:lol:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I grew up in Colorado Springs and Washington County Md.
I have a supervisor who grew up in Vermont, then married and lived in Colorado and Oregon for many years. She has told me some funny stories from those days.

If it was snowing and we needed something from the store. Guess what? We went to the store. At that time, the schools used to do a lot of one hour delays just to allow extra time for road crews and the buses.
Now that I live in Vt., I have had to adjust to a whole new way of living, in particular when it comes to the weather. Snow showers that would create excitement in Md. don't get a second glance here, and they certainly aren't hyped on the news. Significant snowfall has to be several inches or more, which we have had a few times, and twice to large totals, to approximately a foot and a half each time. With the last one - last Wednesday - it snowed all day so road crews had some trouble keeping up, but by the next morning main roads were almost completely clear and even backroads were pretty good.

I have heard a lot of people discuss a storm that moved through on Valentine's Day two years ago. 4 feet within one day. That's a lot for anybody. :shocking: :lol:

Kinda' like folks who can't handle heat and humidity.....
Like me. Which is why I plan to stay north between May and September. No need for convincing there. :yahoo:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Oh for God's sake! Have you seen the video? He was making a JOKE! It's one that anyone who has lived in a colder climate would make. Good grief...if you want to attack the President, pick something real and reasonable....unless of course you are kidding...you are kidding, right? :lol:
I think it calls for an impeachment hearing!!:dye: