Obama's whining about a snow day

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

One of the main reasons DC gave for opening, in spite of the weather is that over half of the children are on free or reduced meals and many of them, if they don't go to school, won't eat that day. If they can't afford to buy food, what makes you think they are going to go out an buy boots for the once a year snow storm we get?

So they opened, allowing kids to get a meal, and the parents were still complaining about it?
How silly.
No, I don't expect them to buy boots...you're right, that's silly.
They can stay home and not eat, or risk walking on a little ice. Not like they've got a pond to walk across or something...

D

dems4me

Well! Obama needs to fix that! No boots??? That is just preposterous! Michelle should run them all off to J. Crew and buy those children some boots right now!

And puppies!! :clap: Don't forget the cure-all puppy!! :clap: (whereever it disappeared to)

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
So they opened, allowing kids to get a meal, and the parents were still complaining about it?
How silly.
No, I don't expect them to buy boots...you're right, that's silly.
They can stay home and not eat, or risk walking on a little ice. Not like they've got a pond to walk across or something...
It doesn't change the fact that if one of the kids gets hurt, they are going to sue the city and/or the BOE. DC schools opted to take that risk. It's a tough call for them to make and they will be criticized for whichever decision they make. They do not need to face that criticism from a high ranking government official who was not privy to the factors that went into that decision and who is too new to the area to have any inkling what those factors might be.

Xaquin44

They do not need to face that criticism from a high ranking government official who was not privy to the factors that went into that decision and who is too new to the area to have any inkling what those factors might be.

when did that happen?

Xaquin44

Just because he chuckled when he said it doesn't mean he didn't believe it to be the truth.

um

sooooo jokes are real?

what if he had told a joke about a ghost?!

would that make him some kind of paranormal?

I'm trying to understand why you think obvious jokes are real?

Is the implication that obama knows EXACTLY WHAT IS BLACK AND WHITE AND RED ALL OVER AND MAY NOT DISCUSS IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES?!

or is the obvious implication (and incidentally the correct one) that SoMD forums are half full of complete retards?

yeah. that's the one.

D

dems4me

um

sooooo jokes are real?

Is the implication that obama knows EXACTLY WHAT IS BLACK AND WHITE AND RED ALL OVER AND MAY NOT DISCUSS IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES?!

or is the obvious implication (and incidentally the correct one) that SoMD forums are half full of complete retards?

yeah. that's the one.

X, :huggy: I would be okay with jokes about ghosts :shrug: That doesn't involve sitting around ridiculing with your children real people and their very real jobs. Jobs are hard to come by now adays, last thing I'd want is the President of the United States and his kids sitting around critiquing and openly joking on national tv about mine. I would have had more respect had he corrected his kids and made them aware that they don't know all situations and circumstances and that the BOE has some very qualified and long term employees. Unlike him that has only held his job for less than two weeks. :shrug: I think it was in poor taste - joke or not. He is someone in power and took cheap shots on people that are unable to defend themselves and their decisions in the same light.:shrug:

Xaquin44

X, :huggy: I would be okay with jokes about ghosts :shrug: That doesn't involve sitting around ridiculing with your children real people and their very real jobs. Jobs are hard to come by now adays, last thing I'd want is the President of the United States and his kids sitting around critiquing and openly joking on national tv about mine. I would have had more respect had he corrected his kids and made them aware that they don't know all situations and circumstances and that the BOE has some very qualified and long term employees. Unlike him that has only held his job for less than two weeks. :shrug: I think it was in poor taste - joke or not. He is someone in power and took cheap shots on people that are unable to defend themselves and their decisions in the same light.:shrug:

you did see the clip right?

he's just comparing in jest ....

like how we sort of horse around with people around here that came from down south where they get no snow ever ....

this is not a big deal from -anyone-

it's not ridicule or criticism in any way.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

you did see the clip right?

he's just comparing in jest ....

like how we sort of horse around with people around here that came from down south where they get no snow ever ....

this is not a big deal from -anyone-

it's not ridicule or criticism in any way.

As I have said before....don't bring logic into the discussion, damn it.

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
um

sooooo jokes are real?

yeah. that's the one.
Get over it, SOMD LEFTIE! :loser:

You kids dissected every syllable that came out of George Bush's mouth for 8 YEARS. Now someone picks on your Savior and you whine like little babies.

:pointsandlaughs: HA HA! :lmao:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
um

sooooo jokes are real?

yeah. that's the one.
I don't have to say it, it's already been said.

Humor is also a way of saying something serious. -T.S. Eliot

Humor is a rubber sword - it allows you to make a point without drawing blood. -Mary Hirsch

Humor is always based on a modicum of truth. -Dick Clark

Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit. -Aristotle

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. -Victor Borge

Comedy has to be based on truth. You take the truth and you put a little curlicue at the end. -Sid Caesar

A joke is a very serious thing. -Winston Churchill

Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious. -Peter Ustinov

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love how people who can't spell, punctuate, or even put a coherent sentence together have the nerve to snipe about anyone else's intelligence.

HA HA! :killingme :loser: