Off to Norway for a few weeks..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Norwegians love their "natural cereal" for breakfast. I had some this morning with my usual pickled herring and liverwurst on coarse bread. Near as I could tell, it was a tasty mix of pine bark chunks, dried weed stem pieces, azalea branch segments, dandelion flower petals and bird seed. Smothered with a berry-flavored yoghurt....MmmmMMM.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Norwegians love their "natural cereal" for breakfast. I had some this morning with my usual pickled herring and liverwurst on coarse bread. Near as I could tell, it was a tasty mix of pine bark chunks, dried weed stem pieces, azalea branch segments, dandelion flower petals and bird seed. Smothered with a berry-flavored yoghurt....MmmmMMM.
Vert Der Ferk?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
snicker snort...

norwegian food.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Actually, that last pic is not how smalahove is prepared and served in the Sognford region where my son was born and raised. They do it like this, with all skin removed..and actually argue over who gets the eyeball (the best part). With dumplings and mashed turnips on the side.

How's everyone's breakfast going this morning?

sheep2.JPG

phreddyp

Actually, that last pic is not how smalahove is prepared and served in the Sognford region where my son was born and raised. They do it like this, with all skin removed..and actually argue over who gets the eyeball (the best part). With dumplings and mashed turnips on the side.

How's everyone's breakfast going this morning?

View attachment 170943
I could eat everything except the mashed turnips, UGH.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Speaking of good food .... I've been invited to be a guest at The Chart House restaurant for a family gathering that a family member is paying the bill for. I looked online at the menu and I am not sure I've ever eaten at a place with prices that high OMG. I wouldn't feel comfortable ordering a $55 meal of shrimp linguini (what I want) Screenshot_20230624_004703_Chrome.jpg so may just stick to the fish & chips at $18.70. Why do I feel awkward when someone is treating? I've been this way all of my life urgh. I will offer to contribute to the tip.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624_004514_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_004514_Chrome.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 29

SamSpade

Why do I feel awkward when someone is treating? I've been this way all of my life urgh. I will offer to contribute to the tip.
I'm the same way, but it's not awkward - just don't see it as a reason to run up the bill. When my FIL used to buy dinner for the family all the time, I would order the grilled cheese sandwich or soup, and drink water. It's a perfectly good lunch at HOME, why break the bank because someone ELSE is paying? Who does it for us all the time?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Speaking of good food .... I've been invited to be a guest at The Chart House restaurant for a family gathering that a family member is paying the bill for. I looked online at the menu and I am not sure I've ever eaten at a place with prices that high OMG. I wouldn't feel comfortable ordering a $55 meal of shrimp linguini (what I want) View attachment 171244 so may just stick to the fish & chips at $18.70. Why do I feel awkward when someone is treating? I've been this way all of my life urgh. I will offer to contribute to the tip.
Serves 4. Not 1.

NOTSMC

Speaking of good food .... I've been invited to be a guest at The Chart House restaurant for a family gathering that a family member is paying the bill for. I looked online at the menu and I am not sure I've ever eaten at a place with prices that high OMG. I wouldn't feel comfortable ordering a $55 meal of shrimp linguini (what I want) View attachment 171244 so may just stick to the fish & chips at $18.70. Why do I feel awkward when someone is treating? I've been this way all of my life urgh. I will offer to contribute to the tip.
Don't. Just enjoy yourself, life's too short. Thank them profusely, follow up with a phone call, offer to contribute to the tip.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm the same way, but it's not awkward - just don't see it as a reason to run up the bill. When my FIL used to buy dinner for the family all the time, I would order the grilled cheese sandwich or soup, and drink water. It's a perfectly good lunch at HOME, why break the bank because someone ELSE is paying? Who does it for us all the time?
Yes I know people who would order expensive meals only because someone else is paying. At work I used to coordinate luncheons and have known of people in a group bill who drank several high priced drinks and ordered an expensive meal then when the $$ was forwarded to the head of the table the total did not even meet the bill let alone a tip too! Too many cheaters! My Boss had to add over $100 to the $$ collected (not just 1 cheater in that group of 20+) and after that we did buffet luncheons and you had to pay in advance! Even then people who did not pay would show up and I would look at my list and go get the $ from them. Eventually we figured out who the cheaters were.