Oh great...thanks post office

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It's like they're not even trying anymore. @my-thyme - this is in no way directed at you, as I know you took pride in your job with the USPS and I feel that many of our local "long time" PO employees are like you were.

I hate going to any of the post offices anymore. Specifically, I avoid the PF post office at ALL costs, as there is one guy there that I nearly strangled the last time I was there. OMG, he is so freaking trifling and rude. He moves at a snail's pace and you can't understand what he says (and let me tell you how the masks REALLY help with that when you have people who mumble while they rattle off pries and delivery times at you!!) My last time there, he snapped at me when I was trying to get him to RE-explain something, and when I commented on the price - he was snappish about it not being his fault, (which I never said was) I called him out on it and I finished my transaction and said that I didn't appreciate being treated that way. He never apologized for his behavior - he actually lashed out and argued with me! A**hole.

The quality of service is non-existent. There seems to be NO pride in their work, NO mission statement to deliver mail on time, no matter what the weather, etc. They're trying to say that this is all due to the election ballots and all the stay at home shoppers. I don't believe that.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
On one of the FB pages I belong to, a guy took a really nice photo of the Bushwood post office. He stated that EVERY post office should have a nice covered porch with rocking chairs so we can sit and chat with our neighbors while we endure the 5 week wait for our 1st class mail.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
On one of the FB pages I belong to, a guy took a really nice photo of the Bushwood post office. He stated that EVERY post office should have a nice covered porch with rocking chairs so we can sit and chat with our neighbors while we endure the 5 week wait for our 1st class mail.
I saw that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just wanted to add my two cents and horror story about our post office in Saint Inigoes. The counter people are accommodating, chatty, and polite. Our mailman has gone out of his way to drive boxes that will fit in my mailbox right up to my front door along with my letter sized mail. Everything arrived on time for Christmas, including cards and everything I ordered online. I ordered some Valentines Day gifts on Amazon just this past Friday - free USPS shipping on everything and I'm not Prime. Nearly everything arrived yesterday and the last two gifts are sitting at the post office at the moment. There is no doubt in my mind that they will be delivered to my front door today merely because it's raining. So thanks post office - you're the greatest!

Lucky you. My USPS horror stories continue unabated. Packages get "stuck" in various centers around the country and just sit there for days and even weeks..all the while the tracking system projected delivery date remains unchanged and recedes rapidly in the rear view mirror..

ontheriver

Just wanted to add my two cents and horror story about our post office in Saint Inigoes. The counter people are accommodating, chatty, and polite. Our mailman has gone out of his way to drive boxes that will fit in my mailbox right up to my front door along with my letter sized mail. Everything arrived on time for Christmas, including cards and everything I ordered online. I ordered some Valentines Day gifts on Amazon just this past Friday - free USPS shipping on everything and I'm not Prime. Nearly everything arrived yesterday and the last two gifts are sitting at the post office at the moment. There is no doubt in my mind that they will be delivered to my front door today merely because it's raining. So thanks post office - you're the greatest!

I loved my last mail person. Sure do miss her. This new one, not so much. My mail is always in someone else's box and she frequently drives right past my box with the flag up. I've tried to get her attention several times so I could make contact, but she just keeps going.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't know but one employee at your post office but she was delighted to give me your home address for a slice of lemon blueberry pound cake. Maybe you could take her a Corona and a few smoked oysters? Grease the skids a little. :lmao:

She's not there any longer. :(

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Hey, bann, I'm right there with you. I hate to take a package to be mailed.

When I started it was a great job. Everyone worked hard, and in the small offices really got to know their customers. I attended weddings and funerals, celebrated graduations and births. When cards started showing up for a customer, you knew that their parent who had been sick for a long time had died. And even tho it didn't have a full address, you got that card to who it belonged to.

Once they started mandating that we return letters and packages without correct addresses, I knew the PO was done. If I knew where it went, I made sure it got there. I never wanted to take a day off, because whoever they sent in to cover for me would return all that stuff.

The higher ups don't want you getting to know people anymore. If you're talking with them that much, you're not working enough, and you certainly are overstaffed. They don't get/care that mail is very important to people, and if as an employee you KNOW the people, you're going to CARE about them getting their mail, sending and receiving.

And don't get me started on new employees. We're all at the mercy of people hired off the street, as opposed to when I was hired and had to get a high grade on a 4 hr test.

There is a lot of truth in Amazon and all other on line shopping having a hugh impact on time/service. But there is a solution - hire some people who will care.

My best advice is go to a smaller office. They usually have the time to still get to know you, and treat you as a person, not a transaction.

flowerlover

Update: Yesterday the postmaster said he knew about the screw-up of my delivery and had notified his supervisor and would "retrieve" it. Today, the story changed and supposedly my package was "mis-delivered" and the route driver would be tasked with recovering it.

He's lying. If, as he claimed yesterday, he "knew" about my missing package before we even asked them to track it, how would that be remotely possible if the delivery driver simply put it in the wrong mail box?
USPS is famous for saying a package was delivered at XX time and then they either deliver it later that day or not until the next day. They must get brownie points or something that shows their delivery times meet a certain parameter. So they say it's delivered even though it isn't yet.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Watching the story of Neil Armstrong on tv right now. After his historic moon walk, he was sent letters from all over the world, many addressed as "Neil Armstrong, USA". He got them.
Back in the day, some send a letter addressed to "Your Name, Piney Point MD" and you'd be sure to get it ..and promptly too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Back in the day, some send a letter addressed to "Your Name, Piney Point MD" and you'd be sure to get it ..and promptly too.
My sister recently received one of those from Europe. The addressing was COMPLETELY mangled, but it found her way!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
It's like they're not even trying anymore.

I hate going to any of the post offices anymore. Specifically, I avoid the PF post office at ALL costs

my list of PO's I can swing by is getting smaller and smaller too. I needed to mail a small package to my brother and re-used a box - we get monthly deliveries from Black Rifle Coffee Company and I grabbed one of their boxes. Taped it up, had our addresses displayed very largely (as this same post master complained about the address stickers last time :rolleyes: ) go to hand it to her and she almost refused to ship it for me bc it had the word RIFLE on the package. It was very clearly within the Black Rifle Coffee Company LOGO... and was not just the lone word: Rifle, nor were there images of rifles... ugh. She very hesitantly gave me a sharpie to mark it out because "you can't ship this...it says RIFLE!!". Ma'am, pretty sure this box was delivered to me originally by the USPS. The box is barely 10x5" : there are no rifles within this package. She said my brother would get it in 3-5 days...took 8.

:banghead:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That's what happens when you have dedicated employees, though. Unfortunately, the few rotten ones ruin it the others.