Oh great...thanks post office

Miker/t

I'm tracking my Amazon shipment. Originally supposed to be delivered on Thursday (4th) Left the Amazon facility in Baltimore enroute to Waldorf on the 2nd. As of this morning its in Jersey City!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Primary reason I canceled the Empty Prize

The fault was sending it out bulk mail.
It was relegated to the "whenever" date to be sent and processed.
We canceled our subscription around Thanksgiving due to late and missed deliveries. My wife was told on the phone that we could not cancel because “you cannot cancel your subscription on your first complaint”. Yes, that was the direction given to her. Anyway I posted it on Twitter and @ Hoyer, VanHollen and Cardin along with SoMD news. I got a DM from the newspaper about 2 minutes after my tweet wanting me to email him regarding this. HA!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was notified yesterday that a package was delivered to my mail box. Mail box empty...this will be "fun" to sort out. Not..

jrt_ms1995

Primary reason I canceled the Empty Prize
Our subscription lapsed sometime mid-2020. Only way to renew was online. Attempting to login advised there was no account with our e-mail address, while trying to register with our e-mail address advised an account already existed, and trying to reset the password on this "account" resulted in nothing whatsoever in our inbox. We stopped trying to reward incompetence and now just pick up The County Times on occasion.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was notified yesterday that a package was delivered to my mail box. Mail box empty...this will be "fun" to sort out. Not..
Update: Yesterday the postmaster said he knew about the screw-up of my delivery and had notified his supervisor and would "retrieve" it. Today, the story changed and supposedly my package was "mis-delivered" and the route driver would be tasked with recovering it.

He's lying. If, as he claimed yesterday, he "knew" about my missing package before we even asked them to track it, how would that be remotely possible if the delivery driver simply put it in the wrong mail box?

mdff21

Best one yet!!! Mailed an invoice to a customer, postmarked Mar. 1, 2019. Received the invoice back today "return to sender, attempted--not known, unable to forward" dated 02/06/21. I had given up on the customer as they went out of business in April 2019. Out of curiosity I went to the USPO and talked to the Postmaster. I inquired as to where the envelope had been for 2 years. I was told I have no idea, it left here on Mar. 1, 2019 and returned here on Feb. 9, 2021, where is was between those dates is anyone's guess. Postmaster took a picture of it and was sending the picture to the USPO that was the end delivery PO to see if they could shed some light on it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Update: Yesterday the postmaster said he knew about the screw-up of my delivery and had notified his supervisor and would "retrieve" it. Today, the story changed and supposedly my package was "mis-delivered" and the route driver would be tasked with recovering it.

He's lying. If, as he claimed yesterday, he "knew" about my missing package before we even asked them to track it, how would that be remotely possible if the delivery driver simply put it in the wrong mail box?

'nuther update. My package shows up in the mailbox today....completely cut wide open. I mean so wide open, by a knife, that the contents could not possibly have remained inside except by the intervention(s) of the person(s) that cut it open and then the person(s) that delivered it. I'm going to take the package to the post office tomorrow and have a VERY frank discussion with our lying postmaster.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

'nuther update. My package shows up in the mailbox today....completely cut wide open. I mean so wide open, by a knife, that the contents could not possibly have remained inside except by the intervention(s) of the person(s) that cut it open and then the person(s) that delivered it. I'm going to take the package to the post office tomorrow and have a VERY frank discussion with our lying postmaster.
Per some guy in the White House basement, make sure to wear a double or triple layered mask. Good Gilligan. /s

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Posted on FB by a friend of a friend:

I would like to give the United States Postal Service a shoutout for the quality of service they provide Not only were they able to deliver a 2 day guaranteed delivery of 2 pounds of crab meat to my friend in Arizona in just 12 days (the product delivered with a slightly overwhelming odor) but they were also able to deliver a Christmas card mailed from Chatanooga Tn PO on Dec 15, 2020 in only 60 days. I can't tell you how happy I am that we aren't required to use them for delivering hearts, kidney's, livers, etc.

:shocking:

vince77

Online billing is so much easier though. Set up auto pay and you don’t have to worry. Unless you frequently bounce checks.
so many more opportunities for something to go wrong when you pay your bills using the Postal Services. Paying bills on line is much safer, faster and less expensive.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mommy Dearest was in a bit of a quandary earlier today. She received a letter from SMECO stating that her electric bill had not been paid, and then realized it was dated 21 DEC. She had to call them right before Christmas when she realized that she hadn't received a bill for November's usage. They sure were quick on the draw. It's a pity the USPS isn't as diligent.

1Blondie

Got a thank you call from a friend in the same ZIP CODE thanking me for the Christmas Card... Mailed 12/23, just got delivered today...