Oh great...thanks post office

mdff21

USPS is terrible. Sent a payment on 12-9 and it was never received, sent a 2nd one on 12-30. 2nd one received on 1-6, then the 1st one received on 1-9. Today at the PFPO, there were cars/suv's lined up around the building. Boxes piled high being loaded into the vehicles, maybe trying to catch up.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm lower than my average and efficient neighbors!
We are always higher, but we have a lot of electronics on all the time, plus 3 freezers as well as the kitchen refrigerator and the drink cooler.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

frequentflier

happy to be living
USPS is terrible. Sent a payment on 12-9 and it was never received, sent a 2nd one on 12-30. 2nd one received on 1-6, then the 1st one received on 1-9. Today at the PFPO, there were cars/suv's lined up around the building. Boxes piled high being loaded into the vehicles, maybe trying to catch up.
Today being MLK day, I thought they'd be closed.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
One of our neighbors commented she haven't gotten a SMECO bill recently. She called SMECO and they verified she was "late" but it was waived because others had balances...
Well, we haven't gotten a recent bill, so, we too were "late"...First time since buying the house in 1988. A quick call to SMECO was made. The bill was paid with a credit card. The guy couldn't have been more polite or understanding. He said many many folks were in the same boat.
So, is it the Post Office's delay with so much mail for Christmas OR is SMECO pushing direct online payment?
The Post Offices in the entire southern Maryland region are experiencing very significant delays in their delivery of mail.

There are post offices that have a huge backlog of mail and I'm not sure of the problems, I've been "hearing" different reasons and can't really narrow it down when I do a search on the web. (web searches are a PITA anymore - even on Duck Duck Go, if you ask me)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This is why I get my bills online in my email and have for several years.
:yay:
ALL of my utility/household bills are paid by direct withdrawal each month and since I budget the money, I don't worry about the payments coming out. The one hold out is the Calvert County water bill. I would pay that online, but they charge a fee because they're stupid and behind the times.

OldHillcrestGuy

I just received a Christmas card postmarked 15 Dec.
That happened to us last week it was postmarked around Dec 15th, it was from Ohio. Looking at this thread it seems like alot of us got late mail postmarked around the middle of Dec. did a bunch of bags of mail from the distribution center in Landover turn up somewhere?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was thinking this may be tied to the contracted driver and helper that were hijacked/kidnapped in the beginning of December and driven to another state where they offloaded the packages. It sounded like an inside job, so It was quickly forgotten by the news media.

kalmd

Friend of mine just received a fruit gift from Harry & David on Saturday. Was shipped on Dec 10. She believes it was supposed to be a box of pears but it was a disgusting moldy mess.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Today I got a birthday card from my sister in Georgia. She sent it early last week. They seem to be getting better, but I also received a sales flyer from Food Lion for 12/31 through 1/7 sent via first class mail.

willie

It seems like when a package arrives at New York, Any North Carolina or Washington D.C. Distribution centers, they disappear for sometimes over a month.
This hasn't arrived yet and it's been in D.C. for 6 days.
January 19, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
January 15, 2021, 5:08 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 15, 2021, 2:40 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
January 15, 2021, 1:21 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
January 14, 2021, 8:16 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

stgislander

PREMO Member
WTF!!! The package is going backwards now. The clerk at my PO confirmed yesterday that the container/hamper that the package is in was indeed at the SoMD Distribution Center. Now it appears it has done back to the main DC Network Distribution Center.

Jan 22, 7:25 am

Jan 20
In Transit to Next Facility

Jan 16, 11:01 pm
SOUTHERN MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

Dec 21, 1:13 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
DISTRICT HEIGHTS,MD 20747

Dec 20, 4:19 pm