Oh great...thanks post office

mitzi

I like the paper trail of paper bills. Plus, I've had cancer and it makes me think of what if something happens to me and all of the sudden, my husband has to pay the bills. He's not a computer guy, so paper bills are his way. Besides, I'm not printing all those out using my ink up. They make enough from us to mail us the bills. Sorry the postal service can't keep up for some reason.

I meant to say also, I hope you stay cancer free.

mitzi

My apologies then. The set-up they have on SMECO to pay your bill is crazy simple BUT I can understand why someone wouldn't want checking account information on the internet. Mea culpa.

You can check for them not save your card info. Unless you have auto pay.

mitzi

You can check for them not save your card info. Unless you have auto pay.

No need to apologize. I try to always remember to check not to save my card info when I buy something online. It's easy to forget.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I know a few people who do still prefer the paper bills and that's cool - it's their thing. :yay: (they are not much for any online banking, etc.)

I talked to our Postal Service guy on Saturday and he said that in our southern Md area - what HE / THEY were being told is that the Distribution center up near DC (Landover? District Heights? he didn't name it - he referred to it) and other areas across the country were apparently overloaded because of the volume of mail over the holidays COMBINED with the Election mail. Election mail was to take priority over all other mail. This resulted in a very heavy backlog.

I suppose a case can be made for that - a lot more people staying home meant a LOT more shopping online on top of the normal holiday shopping online. AND the overload of BALLOTS being mailed out on top of the normal mail-in / absentee ballots. I guess.

That's their story and they're sticking to it, anyway.

Reactions: BOP

Katt

It's to the point of running to their post office to pay the bills so they get it sooner. I hate paying online since I've been hacked recently. Send me the damned bill in the mail and I'll write a check, but I also have had bills show up late or not at all this winter. Those, I will pay online to keep current. I just hate that they think it's too much trouble to send you a bill.

• Love
Reactions: TPD

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Finally received the carburetor I ordered in the beginning of December. Regular first class shipping was free, but I upgraded to 2-day shipping so I might get it before Christmas. I could've walked to NJ and picked it up myself, in THAT amount of time.

mitzi

I suppose a case can be made for that - a lot more people staying home meant a LOT more shopping online on top of the normal holiday shopping online. AND the overload of BALLOTS being mailed out on top of the normal mail-in / absentee ballots

I understand that. I'm sure they were overloaded, plus people out from testing positive, etc. I wonder what the excuse was before this.
Here's another for instance. At least 15 years ago, my Dad found a piece on mail on the side of his house buried in a foot of snow. It was addressed to a credit card company. He opened it (I told him shouldn't have) and it was check from someone who lived in Landover for their credit card payment. How did it end up in Waldorf, on the side of house in the snow.

luvmygdaughters

And the story continues...Husband checked his PO Box yesterday, there was package of contacts in his box. He wears contacts and has them delivered. When I got home from work, he asked me if I had ordered more contacts for him. I said nope, why, do you need more? He showed me the box of contacts, it was addressed to someone one else with a PO Box number close to his. So, once again, he has to take package to the post office and explain...again...it was put in the wrong box.

flowerlover

Here's a package that we're still waiting to be delivered. Doesn't help that the vendor didn't ship until mid-January and it should have been delivered in time for Christmas. Origin is Gaithersburg, MD - destination is a suburb of Indianapolis, IN. How many times does a package have to arrive and then depart the same USPS Distribution Center?? And why hasn't that idiot Dejoy been fired yet? I saw that a Dem Congressman has called on Biden to fire the entire Board of Governors - that would be a good start.

January 26, 2021, 12:00 pm
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
INDIANAPOLIS IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
Your item departed our INDIANAPOLIS IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX destination facility on January 26, 2021 at 12:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 26, 2021, 6:53 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
January 26, 2021, 6:20 am
Departed USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242
January 26, 2021, 5:59 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242
January 26, 2021, 1:59 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
EVANSVILLE IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 25, 2021, 5:24 pm
January 25, 2021, 4:27 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
EVANSVILLE, IN 47710
January 25, 2021, 4:12 pm
EVANSVILLE IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
January 24, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
January 24, 2021, 5:41 pm
January 22, 2021, 2:03 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
WASHINGTON DC DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 20, 2021, 3:03 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
January 19, 2021, 3:11 pm
January 19, 2021, 1:56 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
GAITHERSBURG, MD 20879
January 13, 2021, 3:46 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
GAITHERSBURG, MD 20879

luvmygdaughters

Here's a package that we're still waiting to be delivered. Doesn't help that the vendor didn't ship until mid-January and it should have been delivered in time for Christmas. Origin is Gaithersburg, MD - destination is a suburb of Indianapolis, IN. How many times does a package have to arrive and then depart the same USPS Distribution Center?? And why hasn't that idiot Dejoy been fired yet? I saw that a Dem Congressman has called on Biden to fire the entire Board of Governors - that would be a good start.

January 26, 2021, 12:00 pm
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
Your item departed our INDIANAPOLIS IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX destination facility on January 26, 2021 at 12:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 26, 2021, 6:53 am
January 26, 2021, 6:20 am
Departed USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242
January 26, 2021, 5:59 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242
January 26, 2021, 1:59 am
January 25, 2021, 5:24 pm
January 25, 2021, 4:27 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
EVANSVILLE, IN 47710
January 25, 2021, 4:12 pm
January 24, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
January 24, 2021, 5:41 pm
January 22, 2021, 2:03 am
January 20, 2021, 3:03 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
January 19, 2021, 3:11 pm
January 19, 2021, 1:56 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
GAITHERSBURG, MD 20879
January 13, 2021, 3:46 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
GAITHERSBURG, MD 20879
:dork:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
WJLA has been working the Post Office issue, just had a short segment with some personable experiences via text, including someone from SoMD. I think he said there was another report coming later.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
WJLA has been working the Post Office issue, just had a short segment with some personable experiences via text, including someone from SoMD. I think he said there was another report coming later.
Excellent! Next we have to get them to do an exposé on the MVAs. I scheduled online for Monday 11 Jan at 0840. Someone announced over the PA system around 0930 that 11 employees had called in (out?) sick. Grrr...

mitzi

And the story continues...Husband checked his PO Box yesterday, there was package of contacts in his box. He wears contacts and has them delivered. When I got home from work, he asked me if I had ordered more contacts for him. I said nope, why, do you need more? He showed me the box of contacts, it was addressed to someone one else with a PO Box number close to his. So, once again, he has to take package to the post office and explain...again...it was put in the wrong box.

That's Leonardtown for you. Plus I hate that we have to have PO Boxes. I think that's why so much of stuff gets lost. Senders will send my mail to my street address (after instructing them to send to the PO Box) and it ends up being returned.

Louise

My father died mid-November and a sympathy card was mailed from Florida on the 21st of December to Maryland. I just got it today. :twitch:

:huggy: I have lost both my parents 14 and 20 years ago, and it still hurts. And, then I think of my mother who lost her father at two, and her mother at ten; she was born at the beginning of the Great Depression in 1929. Are the Libs trying to start another one? I think so. And, what’s up with Gates buying up so much farm land? Hmmm...

I don’t like conspiracy theories, but could it be that our gov is trying to cover up all the voter by mail fraud in making everyone’s mail/deliveries be late, now? Who knows.

Last edited:

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Received a postcard from Niece in MN that was postmarked Dec 10th. We received it Monday. Also ordered some personalized ornaments from a company that never came. I was supposed to receive it on Dec 11th. Company finally refilled my order and the two I really wanted were out of stock now and I had to order it from two other sources. I got them from other sources Dec 24th. Just last week, I received the original package with the 4 ornaments. So now I have two sets.