Ohio State vs Penn State

dn0121

:buddies:awesome!

where are you from?

I only made it to The Jake....stupid Progressive..once this year...the outfield was beat up! But the 5 dollar Corona buckets at the Clevelander were good to go!

I grew up in Lorain County, lived in Lakewood for a few years, then Cuyahoga Falls.

How bout you?

I only made it to one Indians game myself this year.

thurley42

HY;FR
I grew up in Lorain County, lived in Lakewood for a few years, then Cuyahoga Falls.

How bout you?

I only made it to one Indians game myself this year.

I'm from what is referred to as "North-West Central Ohio"...grew up in a small town about 40 minutes north of Dayton on 75...

Cliff pitched the game i went to...so it was one of the few in the first half we won! Jhonny and Fransisco hit shots on the porch, where we were and both times my drunk ass was too busy yappin and both balls went right passed me!

thurley42

HY;FR
I spent some time working in Lima. Its like a whole different world down there.

about 12 miles south of Lima is a little Farm town called "Wapakoneta" we have a moon museum!

home of Neil Armstrong!

it's horrible...the mall in Lima makes Waldorf's look nice and they don't even have a Best Buy or Starbucks...i mean seriously, not that I drink coffee...but no Starbucks?????:killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us
actually we had the bye weeks put back in this year! Which works out perfect for me, we'll be off next week when i'm in vegas...so i can lose money other ways then on my Buckeyes to cover a spread...

It's colder right now in Ohio than Gainsville will see all year....

Nov. 22nd will be freezing as per usual..but i'll be so hammered it won't phase me.....:killingme

just checked the weather in Columbus...it's pretty cold, but we see that kind of weather each year. :shrug:

dn0121

I've never seen SEC tickets sold on ticketmaster before :shrug: It's virtually impossible to get tix, unless you pay outrageous prices. Plus, Ticketmaster doesn't scalp...they sell at face value (as with these tickets mentioned above).

Its not actually on ticket master its from a link on ticket master that points to ticketsnow. SEC, Big 10, all of them have tickets for sale on there. Otherwise sometimes people turn their tickets back in, or make seats available so ticket master is contacted to sell tickets.

The shoe is also the 6th largest stadium in the world. A lot more seats are available.

ohstate

that's awesome! you should jump all over that!!! You really don't want to know what I paid for 4 tickets to OSU Mich this year....

It's gonna be a good game....PSU is a fantastic team but struggle in our house and we're coming around...plus we match up well defensively to their style of play on offense...

I've been jibber jabbin with my PSU community for the last 10 days...there are alot more of them here than there are OSU grads....

I scalped (ebay) for a pair to the Ohio State v. TTUN game. Paid less than I did in '06, but I won't be telling my husband how much I spent either.

ohstate

There are still unsold tickets? Geez...even in a top game, the Little Eleven still manages to be pathetic. :dye:

Penn State should win...they're playing against a freshman QB. Plus, Ohio State is always overrated. I guess we'll see.

They give out tickets to certain people (corporate sponsors, politicians, coaches, etc). Some tickets get returned. Sometimes the opposing team returns part of their allotment. The game is sold out - but then when tickets get returned because they weren't going to be used - OSU now uses TM to sell them quickly. They were gone in less than an hour once the word spread.

Beta84

They're out to get us
They give out tickets to certain people (corporate sponsors, politicians, coaches, etc). Some tickets get returned. Sometimes the opposing team returns part of their allotment. The game is sold out - but then when tickets get returned because they weren't going to be used - OSU now uses TM to sell them quickly. They were gone in less than an hour once the word spread.

opposing team returns part of their allotment? In the Big Ten? Ouch.

ohstate

opposing team returns part of their allotment? In the Big Ten? Ouch.

Usually non-conference opponents, but IU fans don't travel well. We usually have as many Buckeye fans in IU's stadium as there are IU fans. We call it "Ohio State West". The MSU fans were complaining bitterly about how many of us were able to get tickets last weekend. There was a huge section of Buckeye fans in their stadium. We had the "O-H-I-O" chant going around their stadium. It will happen for the NW game as well. Everyone loves a road trip to Chicago.

Beta84

They're out to get us
LOL have some free time today or is it because CCPE is boring this morning?
actually pretty busy, this is the only thread i've really posted in all day! I'm all about the college football, but NOBODY talks about it in this god forsaken hellhole. I'll take advantage while I can.

Usually non-conference opponents, but IU fans don't travel well. We usually have as many Buckeye fans in IU's stadium as there are IU fans. We call it "Ohio State West". The MSU fans were complaining bitterly about how many of us were able to get tickets last weekend. There was a huge section of Buckeye fans in their stadium. We had the "O-H-I-O" chant going around their stadium. It will happen for the NW game as well. Everyone loves a road trip to Chicago.

IU just cares about their basketball. Can't say I blame them! That's a shame IU and Mich State have so many opposing fans in their stadiums. The only SEC school we can typically pull that off with is Vandy. :lol:

K

kris31280

Gooooooo Buckeyes! This is one game I'll probably actually watch! :putsonherOhioStatejacketandwalksoutthedoor:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Gooooooo Buckeyes! This is one game I'll probably actually watch! :putsonherOhioStatejacketandwalksoutthedoor:

I sorta want the Buckeyes to win I guess...who else is gonna beat PSU? I don't see another Big Ten team with a shot.

K

kris31280

I sorta want the Buckeyes to win I guess...who else is gonna beat PSU? I don't see another Big Ten team with a shot.
I guess if I'm a fan of any sports team, it's the Buckeyes... Ohio State and University of Minnesota are the only two I have any sort of team wear for.

ohstate

PSU's remaining schedule is:

Oct. 25 - at Ohio State
Nov. 08 - at Iowa
Nov. 15 - Indiana
Nov. 22 - Michigan State

Of those Ohio State and MSU have the best chance, but MSU plays them at PSU, so that could be not much of a chance. I'd like MSU to beat them as well. I kind of like Sparty. The enemy of my enemy sort of thing.

thurley42

HY;FR
PSU's remaining schedule is:

Oct. 25 - at Ohio State
Nov. 08 - at Iowa
Nov. 15 - Indiana
Nov. 22 - Michigan State

Of those Ohio State and MSU have the best chance, but MSU plays them at PSU, so that could be not much of a chance. I'd like MSU to beat them as well. I kind of like Sparty. The enemy of my enemy sort of thing.

I've loathed MSU ever since Plax and 98 when they knocked us out of the wire to wire.....