Ohio State vs Penn State

thurley42

HY;FR
I sorta want the Buckeyes to win I guess...who else is gonna beat PSU? I don't see another Big Ten team with a shot.

Reasons why I think we'll win....and I admit to not knowing much in life...but I know my damn Buckeyes...( I need to post some pics of my basement )

Penn State runs a physical offense similar to ours...they have struggled against Purdue...which obviously we did too...but in a game of smash mouth vs. smash mouth, very few teams in the country can match up to us. MSU has been very good with Ringer all year of this and we handled that nonsense on the road without breaking a sweat.

Our defense is smothering....USC put up 35 points but 21 of them can be directly attributed to the offense turning the ball over, or their defense scoring...

Probably the biggest factor, it's in the Shoe....she'll make the ground shake all the way to Heinegate!

Pryor has to have a big game...and by that i mean not try to force things and run..he did this alot better against MSU and continues to improve...I think he'll be fine..have you ever seen someone so deceptively fast? He looks like he's jogging and just blows by people....

Beanie will rush for 145 and 2 TD's....we get up early and win by 7...

Beta84

They're out to get us
PSU's remaining schedule is:

Oct. 25 - at Ohio State
Nov. 08 - at Iowa
Nov. 15 - Indiana
Nov. 22 - Michigan State

Of those Ohio State and MSU have the best chance, but MSU plays them at PSU, so that could be not much of a chance. I'd like MSU to beat them as well. I kind of like Sparty. The enemy of my enemy sort of thing.

Did you watch the OSU vs MSU game? I'm assuming you did.

Like I said...OSU is probably the only team with a snowball's chance in hell of beating PSU (unless they get cocky and lazy). :lol:

Kerad

no...actually i like tradition...like PSU losing in the Shoe....

your right tradition it is!:buddies:

Heh.

I haven't watched any Ohio State games this year, so I can't comment on them.

That said, I feel Penn State has too many weapons for the Buckeyes to try to reign in. Penn State can pound the running game with a couple of backs and air it out to any one of their stellar receivers. The defense can dominate the line and shut down the receivers.

Penn State's problem in the past at Columbus has primarily been the result of the coaching staff getting too conservative with the play calling. If the coaches let loose with the same game plan they call against everybody else, they'll be in great shape.

I look for Penn State to start slow (as usual), but take over in the 2nd half and win by at least 10. OSU's coaches will be pulling those cutsie little stickers off of helmets after this game.

ohstate

From my favorite pundit: The-Ozone, Ohio State Football, Wrestling, Softball, Basketball, Hockey, Baseball and More

Teams: #3 Penn State (8-0) at #9 Ohio State (7-1)
Time (TV): 8:00 pm (ABC)
Interest: 5
Cheer For: Ohio State

The thing that I keep going back to regarding this game is that the Big Ten teams have run the ball on Penn State. And they’ve done it by pounding, and they’ve done it via the quarterback. Nobody has a combination more capable of the two than the Buckeyes. And the Buckeyes are playing at home, at night. Prior to the 2005 Texas game, it was thought an impossibility to win at the Shoe at night. Now? Well, Vince Young’s not coming through that door folks. If the Buckeyes can stop the run and still play three cornerbacks, Penn State can’t win. But that’s a pretty big “if”. The other key will be for Terrelle Pryor to not spend too much time in the backfield. When he gets sacked-and he will-let it be because the defense made a play, not because we stood too long looking for an open receiver. And while it’s okay to be nervous about this game, we must never forget that this is Ohio Stadium, and they are Penn State, and this isn’t a pool party--so there’s nothing to be afraid of.

GO BUCKS!

D

dems4me

I'm torn. One of my cousins and her hubby are OSU alums and I LOVE C'bus. And Woody is one of my gods.

However, I've also always have an affection and love for Penn State.

I like Jo Pa, unfortunately this runs against my Notre Dame game and RR is a penn state alum so guess what I watch tonight until RR goes to bed :lol: So if I'm missing my game for this... yeah... I hope Penn state wins, AND is up by 50 by the second quarter so RR goes to bed and I can watch my game :evil: So... lots of points by PA and fast... and I'm good! :lol: