Olympics, who is watching what event?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Big article in the Post this weekend about the scoring debacle in regards to boxing. At first, some may dismiss it as sour grapes from the U.S. but there are sports journalists from around the world bringing up glaring problems with scoring.

And how about the controversy with...the US girl (I forget the name) not getting a medal on the table-vault event (not sure what its called either :killingme) because the Chinese girl somehow managed a big score even though she totally effed up. :whistle: ugh, that is the downfall to events that rely nearly entirely on judging. The judges are only human, and make mistakes, but they really CAN'T make these mistakes or it can ruin someone's 4 years of hard training.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Michael Phelps - ROCKED!!!! 8 gold metals!!!

Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

:stormsoff:

You do know that Phelps character is a freak of nature with is size 14 flippers and impressive wingspan.

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
And how about the controversy with...the US girl (I forget the name) not getting a medal on the table-vault event (not sure what its called either :killingme) because the Chinese girl somehow managed a big score even though she totally effed up. :whistle: ugh, that is the downfall to events that rely nearly entirely on judging. The judges are only human, and make mistakes, but they really CAN'T make these mistakes or it can ruin someone's 4 years of hard training.

Yeah, that was some spotty judging to say the least... I can only imagine how that US gymnast felt. I would have been sick if I were her..

itsbob

I bowl overhand

and the loss of millions in endorsements..

T

tiny_dancer33

Yay for Shawn, Nastia, and Cheng on beam.

Esp. Shawn. First gold! :D

Still WTF-ing on bars. Yilin a bronze? What?

Last edited by a moderator:

camily

Peace

Attachments

• 23971-JC4T.jpg
    23971-JC4T.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 35
T

tiny_dancer33

Gym apparatus event finals just aired. ...Why on earth did Italy-man not medal in high bar? :eyebrow: Great performance from Jon Horton, though, good silver. But seriously. Not even a medal for that? He did three clean releases in a row and hopped less than both Jon Horton and the Chinese medalist on his high difficulty dismount. *scratches head* Maybe the judges fell asleep.