Olympics, who is watching what event?

AndyMarquisLIVE

This is the third person to call the judges out on Nastia's score on the uneven bars. :lol:

EVERYONE on NBC is shocked over how they've been judging the Americans in contrast to the Chinese.

Hessian

US Women's Volleyball

rocked the Chinese this am...match went 5 sets and it was a nail biter...what a neat collection of talented Americans!--I hope they are good role models too.
one..is 35 years old! Amazing.

how about our pairs beach?...lots of fun to watch.
(Both guys & gals)

LordStanley

I know nothing
Phelps.... dude, congrats on another medal. But quit cupping your boob instead of covering your heart with your hand :lol:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Anyone watch the mens 100m sprint? Usain Bolt is crazy fast!!! Celebrating before you cross the finish line and slowing down and the man still set a new world record.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I confess...

I'm excited to see diving, gymnastics, swiming, sync swiming, equestrian, archery, kayaking, BMX, mountain biking, judo....

I just found out the handball is an Olympic sport :confused: go figure.

One World One Dream is the theme this year.

...I have gotten into them this time. I didn't care a damn when it started and I refuse to watch opening ceremonies for the same reasons I don't watch American Idle, fake reality shows or listen to pop music.

In any event, Phelps, a little basketball, because they actually seem to care, some water polo, some team handball and yesterday the womens marathon sucked me in and I now have an affection for Beijing and I was stirred over the fact that we had us an Olympic moment going on; an exotic, foreboding place elevated by pure sport.

I got the spirit a good bit! :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And...

Anyone watch the mens 100m sprint? Usain Bolt is crazy fast!!! Celebrating before you cross the finish line and slowing down and the man still set a new world record.

...that, too!!!

Darn kid coulda gone maybe 9.6 flat had he not started coasting and celebrating at the end! He is AMAZING!!!

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
...that, too!!!

Darn kid coulda gone maybe 9.6 flat had he not started coasting and celebrating at the end! He is AMAZING!!!

That was one of the most AMAZING things I have ever watched. He made the fastest men in the world look like little kids. It was a joy to watch....

I hope he isn't on anything illegal.............:whistle:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
In regards to boxing: I agree that the scoring system needs some work, but as I see it, they have it in place for a reason. Is it a good reason? You decide, but here is my take on it. If the scoring is more of a free-for-all of the judges just deciding who did better in the fight, then it will be more of an "all out" fight and will lead to more knock-outs. Of course, this is more exciting, BUT remember that these fights are between people who would like to compete in at least a few olympics. If the fights are all-out, they may be lucky to get through one or two "seasons". All I saw was fly-weight, so maybe that isn't the best thing to judge off of, but these guys looked like any hardcore fighting and they'd be done for. They'd prefer it be more about strategy :shrug:
Big article in the Post this weekend about the scoring debacle in regards to boxing. At first, some may dismiss it as sour grapes from the U.S. but there are sports journalists from around the world bringing up glaring problems with scoring.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
...perhaps the most disturbing thing in the history of the world; mens field hockey.

:yikes:

Do they wear skirts? :jet:

Watching diving last night, I miss the board, I want to get back on, I don't know of any diving wells in this area and the pool on base won't let me do back, reverse or inward dives :frown:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not...

Do they wear skirts? :jet:

Watching diving last night, I miss the board, I want to get back on, I don't know of any diving wells in this area and the pool on base won't let me do back, reverse or inward dives :frown:

...sure. I watched for about 30 seconds and then gouged my eyes out.