Omicron Variant Hysteria

:lmao: Haven't seen a Drudge Report headline posted here or at his site in close to 2 years.. Used to go to it daily but haven't in a long long time
Agreed. I’m trying to pinpoint way people sre getting hysterical over a variant no worse than a bad. Old… now I know why they all stopped running the numbers tickets! If people would just read those numbers out loud then state the population numbers… only if.

herb749

I cannot understand why folks are flooding the test sites and hospitals...😕

On Jan. 8, 2021, the U.S. saw its greatest number of COVID cases to date with just over 294,000 confirmed cases, a number that held the record until this week.

On Monday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that more than 446,000 cases of the coronavirus were confirmed.

------------------------------
Jan. 13, 2021, saw the greatest number of COVID-related deaths since the pandemic began with nearly 4,050 deaths reported that day. The seven-day average hovered around 3,400 deaths per day.

But as of Tuesday, the last time the CDC updated its trending data, the nationwide average was reported at just under 1,100 deaths per day.

Omicron looks to bring in new year with highest caseloads recorded yet | Fox News

Because the media blasted that if you want to see family you should get a test 1st. If you wanted to travel, same thing. It was just go get tested.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Another county bites the dust. The executive order is interesting in that it only states everyone must wear a mask, with exceptions. Nothing in there about businesses posting signs or enforcing the mandate. Anyhow I don’t plan on spending money in AA County anytime soon.

https://www.thebaynet.com/articles/...oor-public-mask-mandate-effective-dec-31.html
I was reading an FB posting by one of the AA county board members and IIRC he cannot enforce any mandate through EO, it has to be declared a state of emergency. The will SoE expire after 7 days unless a super majority of the board votes to allow its continuation. I don't know how it will play out because I doubt that there are many citizens in AACo that have the intestinal fortitude to say Eff Off Pittman.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Panicky Would-Be COVID Victims Line Up for Hours to Find Out if They're Sick

Pity the poor patient who is suffering with serious symptoms and needs to obtain a COVID test — in some cases, where early intervention would be indicated as a matter of life or death; in others, as a precondition of an urgently-needed procedure. Weep for the worker whose employer requires he be tested regularly, or else risk losing paid hours or outright termination. Cry for the caregiver who already takes time out of her day to tend to someone too weak to care for himself, and who must now spend additional hours waiting in interminable lines for that crucial nasal swabbing.

Now, imagine, if you will, a devastating pandemic of a variant so virulent that victims don’t even know they have it unless they obtain a positive test. This twilit nightmare is reality for the COVID-panicked, a new kind of Karen who has turned her controlling tendencies inward and will do everything in her power to make sure she herself never, ever spreads the dread disease. And therefore, it is crucially important that she gets tested … no matter what.

This mindset is not necessarily the fault of the COVID-panicked individual. The “experts” they’ve been told to trust, from the White House on down to the local news, are terrorizing them with lurid predictions of doom if they are unfortunate enough to contract the dread disease.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Omicron is spreading like crazy but deaths and hospitalizations are low; the Times shows the new variant seems to have an affinity for the jabbed; the Netherlands goes full booster; and more...

🔥 Omicron continues to spike. The U.S. hit a new record high of 580,000 Covid cases on Thursday, breaking its previous record for the second consecutive day and nearly doubling last winter’s all-time high. Still, hospitalizations, while growing, are increasing much more slowly than are cases, and Covid-related deaths actually fell last week.

A double set of New York Times’ infographics over the weekend unintentionally show what appears to be a direct correlation between high vaccination levels in the US and high case numbers. I checked my own county — Alachua — and sure enough, we have a high vaccination rate AND ALSO a high infection rate, while the surrounding counties are the exact opposite. Weird.

I say weird because you would have thought that high-vaccination-rate areas would have LOWER infection rates, or at least the same as low-injection-rate areas. So. Dang. Weird.

All reports suggest the vast majority of the infected are injected people. Fortunately Omicron is very mild. Injected folks are being hospitalized, but at lower rates, their cases are less serious, and they are leaving the hospital sooner. But .. what if it had gone the other way? What if the new variant HADN’T been milder? Then all the injected folks would be … what? Dying in droves?

Grumpy

What is it they said about the death penalty??If one innocent person is put to death, thats one too many?? Guess it doesn't apply to the jab. Long vid but you'll get the picture in the first couple minutes.

SamSpade

Correct me if I am wrong - but it seems to me that the Omicron variant is so exceedingly mild that the overwhelming majority could have it and never ever know it UNLESS they take a test - and the current SPIKE in cases is because someone decides "you know, I feel 100% fine but I should be tested ANYWAY, right?". They go and test positive - possibly with an infinitesimally small viral load of n consequence - and it's off to the hospital.

It just appears to me that no one is getting sick, almost NO ONE is dying - and the panic is far in excess of what it merits.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Correct me if I am wrong - but it seems to me that the Omicron variant is so exceedingly mild that the overwhelming majority could have it and never ever know it UNLESS they take a test

My employer is going full freak out ..... face coverings all the time at all job sites, recommended KN95
7 day quarantine if you THINK you were exposed

• Angry
Reactions: TPD

PJay

Denmark health chief says Omicron is bringing about the END of the pandemic and 'we will have our normal lives back in two months'

Grumpy

Hijinx

Well I got th2 Pfizer shots and it appear I got away clean.
Booster------??-------I don't think so.

SamSpade

Denmark health chief says Omicron is bringing about the END of the pandemic and 'we will have our normal lives back in two months'

Pretty much have been hearing this since omicron appeared.