Online Dating is a Joke!

PeoplesElbow

I actually picked up a stalker in the early days of online dating, I think it was 1996. I was a college student, she was a divorcee with 4 kids.

That is when I decided those easy hookups weren't worth it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I actually picked up a stalker in the early days of online dating, I think it was 1996. I was a college student, she was a divorcee with 4 kids.

That is when I decided those easy hookups weren't worth it.

I've had a couple of those. Creepy.

black dog

Free America
Ok then.. let me ask you this.

Are you ever serious about a topic? Or, are you the resident comic relief and add nothing but one liners, insults, and quips? If it is the latter then you have some pretty good competition around here.

It was Kyle that sent me this pic..
000527c4-ccdd-9074-bcf4-02975ac3f0af_110.jpg

Just Sayin'...

littlelady

God bless the USA
OK I had been looking for a new girlfriend for several years now ever since I lost my last one back in 2014, I tried several dating sites such as POF, OK Cupid, and Match for a few months. I even posted a few personal ads on Craigslist and on Back Page and I had met about 4 women online who said they were looking and they said they were serious but just ended up playing me as the fool! The first one who I met back in the late 2014 just blow me off the worse way by moving out of town on the day of our date! The second one who met me for lunch turned out to be a married women who met me out of convenience and wanted/needed some sucker to buy her food as she was out of cash. That really pissed me off but OK.. The third women who I met who answered my personal ad just before CL removed their personals met me at my place and we did had a nice time but never gotten back to me! And the latest one just flat out stood me up!
Also during that 4 years, I keep getting responses from people ether out west or over seas who claimed they were local but just trying to get a free ride. I just trying to find a date people! Anyway that's my rant!

Is that you, BlueBird? If not, you remind me of him, and I miss him. :lol:

Also, you remind me of RodRug, but he, only, talks about his grandma. He is hilarious, too. :lol:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The difference between us being that I tend to treat others as if they have something to say and not imediately dismiss them as if their opinion is meaningless. Attempt to offer some form of conversation. Although I do not agree with some on here (like Midnightrider or This_person, I at least hear what they have to say and try to understand their viewpoint.

It tends to go hand-in-hand with acting like an adult and intelligence. Immediately dismissing another's opinion or what they have to say is what is wrong with people today and shows that you are part of the problem and not the solution no matter who you align yourself with.

Do you get disability because of that big stick up your ass?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are several threads on here chronicling my Adventures in Online Dating, and one EPIC thread where a certain ex-person got his ass handed to him on a platter by a woman he was seeing who didn't appreciate his online discussion regarding their budding romance. :lol:

Ahhh, I love dating. Especially now that I don't have to do it anymore.

PeoplesElbow

There are downsides to dating no matter how you meet the person.

Before online dating probably the most popular way to meet someone was in a bar, not exactly what I think of when I think of how to meet a certain type of person.

Then there is dating someone from work.....

Meeting someone online is the new newspaper personals, except much more popular and easier.

SamSpade

There are downsides to dating no matter how you meet the person.

Before online dating probably the most popular way to meet someone was in a bar, not exactly what I think of when I think of how to meet a certain type of person.

Then there is dating someone from work.....

Meeting someone online is the new newspaper personals, except much more popular and easier.

Exactly. Exactly.

You know, the funny thing for me and others of my generation is, we're not Luddites, we embrace technology -
since we mostly invented it - embrace social media and so forth - but are clearly unaware of how it has already
changed the way we interact. Case in point, I just paid my bills for the month with a few dozen mouse clicks.
Something I've been doing for years, but I remember spending money on stamps, and taking an evening to
figure it all out every month.

And I can already name a few people whom I either met FIRST online - my son's teachers, a few of my best
friends, half the people I work with, and so on - or most of my interaction is online even though I know them
in person.

And as a consequence - we have to dispense with and learn new ways of interacting online. We have to
navigate without visual cues that we don't even realize we rely on.

We have to accept that - with regard to online dating - some of the "filters" we use to exclude a potential mate
must be delayed until the in person meet. When you meet someone in person, you react to their smile,
their posture and friendliness and you're often attracted to someone based on their style and how they present
themselves. Online, you can't get any of that. So - in a bar or a party or work - you filter out the ones you're
not interested in immediately. That stage - online - happens later. Because it can ONLY work in person.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The difference between us being that I tend to treat others as if they have something to say and not imediately dismiss them as if their opinion is meaningless. Attempt to offer some form of conversation. Although I do not agree with some on here (like Midnightrider or This_person, I at least hear what they have to say and try to understand their viewpoint.

It tends to go hand-in-hand with acting like an adult and intelligence. Immediately dismissing another's opinion or what they have to say is what is wrong with people today and shows that you are part of the problem and not the solution no matter who you align yourself with.

The pope just posted that he's trying to find your phone number...want's to talk about a job offer.

MiddleGround

Do you get disability because of that big stick up your ass?

Perfect. I make a post about how there is zero tolerance on this "discussion forum" for anyone's opinions other than the hive mind and I get a response from it's moderator wondering what my problem is.

Psssst... the problem isn't mine but, I'll give you 3 guesses what it is :yay: