Ophelia

Hessian

Well, the Black caucus has finally found that our NOAA is willing to spread around the ethnic names and we have a Hurricane aiming for NC by Tuesday.
I will venture a guess that we might even see some flooding and power outages around here.

Not buying plywood...but will load up on the ice...find the lighter for the candles.

Can't wait for Shaniqua or is it Rahshanie?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
czygvtwkr said:
Hamlet didn't take place in Greece, it took place in Denmark.
I didn't say it did. I said that Ophelia is a Greek name. I also referenced that it was a name used in Hamlet.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Hessian said:
Well, the Black caucus has finally found that our NOAA is willing to spread around the ethnic names and we have a Hurricane aiming for NC by Tuesday.

Well the name selection actually is out NOAA's hands, the WMO (World Meteorological Organization, a United Nations Specialized Agency) selects the names for the six year rotating lists...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Nickel said:
:confused: Ophelia is a Greek name. Hamlet, anyone?
:yeahthat: I don't understand why anyone would think of Ophelia as a black name, even if they didn't know the Hamlet connection (I didn't).

Maybe someone with the World Meteorological Organization is a Natalie Merchant fan. :lol:

Last edited:
T

tikipirate

So it's come down to this...

I can see it now when hurricane Dick comes swinging through. Oh, the repartee.

:stooges:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
tikipirate said:
So it's come down to this...

I can see it now when hurricane Dick comes swinging through. Oh, the repartee.

:stooges:
2010 has Richard!!!!!! :notworthy

meme

The Smart Hooker
Not sure what Ophelia's track is now. After it left my area, I didn't care where it went. It sat off the coast here just turning. First a tropical storm, then a hurricane, then a tropical storm, then a hurricane. I'm glad we were spared. I hope you guys up there don't have to deal with it. It did some damage here to the beach (lots and lots of beach erosion.) Good luck!

K

Kain99

Penn said:
That's what the Weather Channel is forecasting for us. Our worst fear is that a hurricane comes up the Bay, rattling off the walls between Md and Del, headed north. :ohwell:

We don't need that.
That Monster is to big to slide up the bay! Have'nt ya ever heard of thermodynamics! :killingme: