Osprey are coming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtPreston

Do you know of any sites in the Hollywood area? Forrest Landing or related coves.

Yes! Two nests by the shore at Clarkes Landing, one at the end of the Clarkes Landing restaurant pier:

161566275_idXUX-M.jpg

One osprey nest at the entrance to Greenwell State Park, sitting on a telephone pole at the edge of a cornfield. No nests at Forrest Landing that I've seen. But if someone puts up a platform they will surely come.

One Eagle nest at Sotterley Mansion, currently sitting eggs or just hatched chicks:

263658988_qaGLt-L.jpg

Yes! Two nests by the shore at Clarkes Landing, one at the end of the Clarkes Landing restaurant pier:

161566275_idXUX-M.jpg

One osprey nest at the entrance to Greenwell State Park, sitting on a telephone pole at the edge of a cornfield. No nests at Forrest Landing that I've seen. But if someone puts up a platform they will surely come.

One Eagle nest at Sotterley Mansion, currently sitting eggs or just hatched chicks:

263658988_qaGLt-L.jpg

Very cool eagle picture.

Jameo

What?!

161566275_idXUX-M.jpg

263658988_qaGLt-L.jpg

Love the eagle shot!! :yay:

Tomcat

Anytime

161566275_idXUX-M.jpg

263658988_qaGLt-L.jpg

Thanks, I'll check them out. I see an eagle quite frequently flying up our creek, I think there may be a nest in the woods behind one of the farm ponds on Forrest Landing.

KurtPreston

I've seen it occaisionally too. But it may also be one of the Sotterley eagles, if you do find another nest ... let us know :)

Rael

Supper's Ready
Great pics, especially the Eagle!

Finally saw an Osprey yesterday for the first time this year. Sometimes I hear them, but can't see them beyond the trees. I guess I have to see the photos here :lol:

Sometimes I'm fooled into thinking it is an Osprey sound, when in fact it is a Mockingbird making an Osprey sound...drats!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Awesome shots.
:yeahthat: And I am not saying that lightly, Kurt.

After looking around your galleries, I have to say I respect your ability to view so many worn-out scenes in a fresh way - and then capture that successfully.

Even your cat photos are dynamic. :lol:

And I had to laugh at some of your comments about switching from the 30 to 40D, because I said the same things when I got mine a few weeks back.

KurtPreston

Why thank you all for the kind words! Shot below was taken today at Solomon's Island just behind the school on Back Creek ... lolCats style :)

265796376_yw4xa-L.jpg

I

Inkpen

:killingme:killingme
Excellant!!!!!

I adore ICHC Lolcats ‘n’ Funny Pictures - I Can Has Cheezburger?

All the photographs are breathtaking!!!!! :yahoo:
The eagle is fantastic..love the curl of the primaries!!!

I saw a nice young couple up in Arnold out at the end of a breakwater...
Going back there Sunday to capture and transport some critters...and I hope to take some time and get a few shots!!!

Love this thread...You all ROCK!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this photos and the information..!!! :buddies:

I also love the osprey!!!!!

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Okay, I have to admit that as an Osprey aircraft person I thought this thread was about the plane. The pics of the real Osprey are amazing. Thank you for sharing them.

Attachments

• HALF-DSC01906.jpg
    HALF-DSC01906.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 66
I

Inkpen

Okay, I have to admit that as an Osprey aircraft person I thought this thread was about the plane. The pics of the real Osprey are amazing. Thank you for sharing them.

The Osprey aricraft is awesome!!!
First time I saw one, I just laughed!!! Such a great idea for a plane!!!:yay:

KurtPreston

Funny story about osprey .. both kinds. I was at the DOD Joint Open House Airshow last year at Andrews AFB taking pics. We were waiting for the V-22 Osprey flyby and demo when the announcer came on and said the Navy was not able to provide an osprey for the show. Looked up at that very moment and noticed there was a bird osprey flying above the crowd and started laguhing my &*^ off thinking the Navy is sooooooo cheap :)

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Funny story about osprey .. both kinds. I was at the DOD Joint Open House Airshow last year at Andrews AFB taking pics. We were waiting for the V-22 Osprey flyby and demo when the announcer came on and said the Navy was not able to provide an osprey for the show. Looked up at that very moment and noticed there was a bird osprey flying above the crowd and started laguhing my &*^ off thinking the Navy is sooooooo cheap :)

That would have been classic!!!!! :lmao:

Tomcat

Anytime
Kurt and Inkpen, I heard over the weekend that Osprey are building a nest at the Benedict Marina, people were sitting in the bar watching (them?) carry the sticks in.

KurtPreston

Kurt and Inkpen, I heard over the weekend that Osprey are building a nest at the Benedict Marina, people were sitting in the bar watching (them?) carry the sticks in.

I remember there being a platform or two when I was over there a couple of months ago while taking pics of the Chalk Point power plant. That's cool!

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Here is one of the babys from above. Rather skinny after the trip from South America. Arrived on first day of spring.

IMG_8245%20copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.