Our Education System...

2ndAmendment said:
Your "generalization" was a direct reply to my post. You quoted me. If you didn't mean the "parents" remark to apply to us, then you should not have quoted me. Just make your statement or quote the original question. Then it is a general reply or opinion on the question. Then the others quoted your quote which is a logical drill down.

If you didn't mean to quote me, then the drill down does not apply. I just know how much we went through trying to get the schools to respond and got nothing. I was angry then and to have a friend respond to my post that is the parents fault just really spun me up. If it was misunderstanding on my part, I apologize.
I did mean to quote you and I responded to what you wrote. You said your boys have a better work ethic than kids that come out of public schools and again... I blame the parents for kids having lack of work ethic and not the schools. Why do you want to make this personal? I don't give a flying frippy if you homeschooled your kids. I'm just saying that kids without a clue as to how to deal with schooling or work for that matter have parents that failed them in some way-shape-or-form.

nomoney

2ndAmendment said:
You don't like me on the board. I don't like you. Bye.

I like everyone, I am a christian. :huggy:

But I also speak my mind. I'm sorry you don't like me, is it because I'm a woman that speaks her mind?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
I did mean to quote you and I responded to what you wrote. You said your boys have a better work ethic than kids that come out of public schools and again... I blame the parents for kids having lack of work ethic and not the schools. Why do you want to make this personal? I don't give a flying frippy if you homeschooled your kids. I'm just saying that kids without a clue as to how to deal with schooling or work for that matter have parents that failed them in some way-shape-or-form.
The premise of my original statement was that the public schools had failed our boys. Then I tried to point out that the home schooling has served them well. The original topic is "Our education system" and you don't blame the schools you blame the parents, so the implication may not have been intended but was perceived by me since I have been so frustrated with the public school system.

I accept it as a misunderstanding of your intent and those that quoted you. Sorry.

BTW, 2A.... you yourself said you raised successful boys with great work ethics. You chose to do this without depending on public or private schooling. Why would you assume my comments were about you directly and not the general statements you were making...:confused:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
nomoney said:
I like everyone, I am a christian. :huggy:

But I also speak my mind. I'm sorry you don't like me, is it because I'm a woman that speaks her mind?
No. I don't like much of what you post.

If you are a Christian why don't capitalize Christian since it is based on the word Christ?

I don't know if I would like you in person. I don't think we have ever met. If we did, it didn't register.

I am a Christian. I am instructed to love everyone. I am also human and mess up. So I just messed up. Sorry.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
BTW, 2A.... you yourself said you raised successful boys with great work ethics. You chose to do this without depending on public or private schooling. Why would you assume my comments were about you directly and not the general statements you were making...:confused:
Just the way it struck me when I read it. The public school system is a sore subject with me. I really dislike it. I got spun up.

nomoney

2ndAmendment said:

If you are a Christian why don't capitalize Christian since it is based on the word Christ?

I don't know if I would like you in person. I don't think we have ever met. If we did, it didn't register.

I am a Christian. I am instructed to love everyone. I am also human and mess up. So I just messed up. Sorry.

So does that mean you messed up when you told me to stick it? :confused: Is that an apology? If it is, I guess it will do. You are a man after all. :huggy:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
nomoney said:
So does that mean you messed up when you told me to stick it? :confused: Is that an apology? If it is, I guess it will do. You are a man after all. :huggy:
Yes, it is an apology. I lost my temper. I would have deleted my post, but you quoted it. I knew I had messed up as soon as I hit submit, but I was still angry.

slotted

2ndAmendment said:

Who the eff cares? If there were a god, do you really think he would be sitting up there giving a shiat if nomoney capitalized the word christian?

Hell, I didn't capitalize god, he, or christian. he's probably shiating his pants and making hell extra hot.

2ndAmendment said:
Just the way it struck me when I read it. The public school system is a sore subject with me. I really dislike it. I got spun up.
I see that now. I seriously was talking about the kids being turned loose on the public nowadays. Alot of them don't seem to care to know what it takes to find a job, hold a job and climb the ladder of success. Kids don't wake up knowing how to be responsible for what they have and where they are in life just because they reach adult age. It's something they should of been taught and I don't think that responsiblity falls on the school systems... be it public or private.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
slotted said:
Who the eff cares? If there were a god, do you really think he would be sitting up there giving a shiat if nomoney capitalized the word christian?

Hell, I didn't capitalize god, he, or christian. he's probably shiating his pants and making hell extra hot.
I certainly don't care what you post. I am sure satan has a place reserved for you, but it not too late until the day you die.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
I see that now. I seriously was talking about the kids being turned loose on the public nowadays. Alot of them don't seem to care to know what it takes to find a job, hold a job and climb the ladder of success. Kids don't wake up knowing how to be responsible for what they have and where they are in life just because they reach adult age. It's something they should of been taught and I don't think that responsiblity falls on the school systems... be it public or private.
OK. I agree that kids are not generally expected to perform by their parents. We expected the boys to help, do chores, do their homework, be responsible for their actions, tell the truth, and generally live by a high moral standard whether their friends did or not.

Kids graduate from high school and expect to own a house like mom and dad have, have a new car, and feel entitled to everything in life. Most of them don't realize that mom and dad had to start in a one bedroom apartment and work their way up to the four bedroom house that they are still paying for. They don't expect to really have to work and just stand around until someone jumps them and tells them what to do and then the reply is F-you behind the supervisor's back if not to his face. And for that, I blame a series of things starting with Social Services not allowing kids to be slapped or spanked, parents that want to be the kids friends instead of parents, school administrators that are more concerned with socializing the kids rather than making sure the education system is teaching correctly, and teachers that are not educators.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
bobbyflatliner said:
The NEA teaches teachers well

the NEA is just a union right? how do they teach teachers?
Actually the NEA teaches quite a bit.. like how NOT to touch a kid that needs comforting.. how to stand to be less approachable or Touchable if a preschooler feels the need for a hug.. yep they teach a lot..

How to picket at School Board members house that make 1/2 of what you make while you are on strike for better wages..

How to hold kids hostage for a better living, part time job, wage..