Outdoor Smoking Ban

barncat

Softballkid said:
They do have this surgery out now, where they are finding out people have something in there nose that can be removed for better breathing and all that, a guy I work with had it done, he no longer snores, or gets all stuffy...might be something to look into....

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.

Softballkid said:
cuz that does sound like what happened, they "opened his passages"
You can't tell I have a deviated septum from looking at my nose. It bothers me most when I'm doing cardio and have to deal with the restricted air flow.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
kwillia said:
You can't tell I have a deviated septum from looking at my nose. It bothers me most when I'm doing cardio and have to deal with the restricted air flow.

:confused: when your doin it, do you mostly breathe in/out of your mouth, or do you try the inhale through nose exhale out of mouth, or vise versus??

Softballkid said:
:confused: when your doin it, do you mostly breathe in/out of your mouth, or do you try the inhale through nose exhale out of mouth, or vise versus??
I try to keep it to inhaling through the nose. Inhaling through the mouth dries the mouth and leads to hyperventilation from improper breathing.

barncat said:
Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.
Hey barncat, I kind-of have the same problem. When I first got married and visited my FIL who smokes 3 packs a day I got soo sick. This went on once a year for 3 years. After realizing that it was only if/when we visited my FIL and stayed with him that I got sick, we realized that I was allergic to cig. smoke. It has gotten progressively worse every year and now it usually triggers an ashma attack. I was taking Clariton, which makes it even worse because it opened up my nose, but at least it was able to drain, and I now have an inhaler that I use after I leave a smoke filled facility. Just another option rather than surgery.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
kwillia said:
I try to keep it to inhaling through the nose. Inhaling through the mouth dries the mouth and leads to hyperventilation from improper breathing.

:confused: I was unaware of that...

But, what if ya have a water bottle to drink out of for when the mouth gets dry :shrug:

Softballkid said:
:confused: I was unaware of that...

But, what if ya have a water bottle to drink out of for when the mouth gets dry :shrug:
If it works for you than go for it... it throws me off track.

barncat

teverheart2002 said:
Hey barncat, I kind-of have the same problem. When I first got married and visited my FIL who smokes 3 packs a day I got soo sick. This went on once a year for 3 years. After realizing that it was only if/when we visited my FIL and stayed with him that I got sick, we realized that I was allergic to cig. smoke. It has gotten progressively worse every year and now it usually triggers an ashma attack. I was taking Clariton, which makes it even worse because it opened up my nose, but at least it was able to drain, and I now have an inhaler that I use after I leave a smoke filled facility. Just another option rather than surgery.

Well that's a lot to look forward to! We now stay at a super comfy bed and breakfast when we visit my grandpa, I just can't take the smoke.

Honestly, I feel like I'm done with the bar scene anyway, so it doesn't really bother me. Maybe it's just the soon-to-be-a-mom in me saying that, but I'd rather have friends over and have a nice dinner and drink then go to a bar and have to yell just to be heard. Goal this year is to buy a nice dining table so we can start to have folks over for some home-cooked meals.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
kwillia said:
If it works for you than go for it... it throws me off track.

Maybe you should try a tread mill or something, that way you dont get thrown off the track :lmao:

Thats cool..nice to know that..cuz I sure didnt

Softballkid said:
Maybe you should try a tread mill or something, that way you dont get thrown off the track :lmao:

Thats cool..nice to know that..cuz I sure didnt
I find that you get a deeper breath of air by inhaling through the nose... my deviated septum gets in the way of that if I have any nasal congestion at all. It's a pain, but not worth surgery to me at this point in life.