Ovie

IrishGal

Stretch's Mom
Ovie's on fire this weekend. 5 goals so far in the the last 3 periods of hockey GO Caps

Ovie is amazing. Simply amazing. I can't say enough though for the supporting players too. He's getting great feeds from Fedorov, and Mike Green has really come into his own as well.

Let's hope they can keep it up. I do have to give props to Ted Leonsis for putting in place an environment where good players want to play. Credit also goes to George McPhee and Bruce Boudreau... Ovie could be a real prima donna and he's NOT. He wants to play here, with his current teammates, he believes in this team and in Washington as a hockey town. That comes from the top... so GOOD JOB TED.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ovie is amazing. Simply amazing. I can't say enough though for the supporting players too. He's getting great feeds from Fedorov, and Mike Green has really come into his own as well.

Let's hope they can keep it up. I do have to give props to Ted Leonsis for putting in place an environment where good players want to play. Credit also goes to George McPhee and Bruce Boudreau... Ovie could be a real prima donna and he's NOT. He wants to play here, with his current teammates, he believes in this team and in Washington as a hockey town. That comes from the top... so GOOD JOB TED.

Absolutely! The Danny could take a page from Ted's book. :yay:

OldHillcrestGuy

Absolutely! The Danny could take a page from Ted's book. :yay:

Yes we had some lean years after they purged all those high price guys just before the strike. But with the drafts picks we got for those players and being lousy for a couple of years and getting low picks we have now come full circle. The major players we have now are all under 25, and look at our farm team, Hershey we had to call numerous players up this season because of injuries and they all played well and even with the disruption at Hershey that team is running away from everyone else in the American Hockey League. Ovie is great but alot of the credit needs to go to the Coach, look at his record since he became the coach last year. GO CAPS

Peter Forsberg

Don't get me wrong Ovie is a beast and exciting to watch but Washington D.C. is not a hockey town. D.C. is rockin the RED because they are winning.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Don't get me wrong Ovie is a beast and exciting to watch but Washington D.C. is not a hockey town. D.C. is rockin the RED because they are winning.

You been around her long? Back in the Cap Centre days, (Patrick division days)Langway, Gus, Carpenter, Hatcher, Brian Murry, etc, DC wasn't a bad hockey town. They averaged better than 14,000 and sell outs on the weekends and all sell outs in the playoffs.

It's not Montreal or Boston or Detroit or even Pittsburgh, but it was pretty good.

Peter Forsberg

You been around her long? Back in the Cap Centre days, (Patrick division days)Langway, Gus, Carpenter, Hatcher, Brian Murry, etc, DC wasn't a bad hockey town. They averaged better than 14,000 and sell outs on the weekends and all sell outs in the playoffs.

It's not Montreal or Boston or Detroit or even Pittsburgh, but it was pretty good.
Well Maryland and Virgina helps... Ok Metro area is becoming a hockey town. Now only if we can get them to understand what icing is. :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well Maryland and Virgina helps... Ok Metro area is becoming a hockey town. Now only if we can get them to understand what icing is. :killingme

Well, actually, it was more a Maryland/Va suburbs thing back then. Not very many brothers took in some hockey games. Nowadays, Verizon, it's a good bit more diverse crowd and it is MUCH more of a DC crowd as DC's demographics are much more hockey friendly now than a generation ago.

Peter Forsberg

Well, actually, it was more a Maryland/Va suburbs thing back then. Not very many brothers took in some hockey games. Nowadays, Verizon, it's a good bit more diverse crowd and it is MUCH more of a DC crowd as DC's demographics are much more hockey friendly now than a generation ago.
Can the season end already? Let's start the playoffs now.

Peter Forsberg

I saw many a game in the Cap Center. Don't forget Dino.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Indeed. Washington has always been a football town. That's all that has really won there. Now, if some other sports franchise can get on a roll and create a dynasty then the discussion will begin. It's way too early for Washington to be considered a hockey town.

Peter Forsberg

Indeed. Washington has always been a football town. That's all that has really won there. Now, if some other sports franchise can get on a roll and create a dynasty then the discussion will begin. It's way too early for Washington to be considered a hockey town.
They have they best player in hockey, that alone fills the seats. Winning doesn't hurt either. If D.C. didn't have Ovie we wouldn't be having this conversation. They are doing it right in D.C. now let see if they can take the next step? Personally, I think you need a top notch goaltender. In the playoffs you need a hot goalie I just don't think Theodore is the answer.