Ovie

OldHillcrestGuy

Laid another big egg last night. Coach is not going to be very happy today at practice. All teams go through bad spells, better now then later, but still not looking very good recently.
Better step up their game tomorrow night against the Maple Leafs, I'll be there and I wont be a happy camper they drop another game.

I cant see them trading Poti, he is as good as what you will proably get back in a trade. Only reason if they do is to make salary cap room for Alzner to come up. Is Poti a free agent after this season.:shrug: Think Nylander will be gone by the end of today though.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Laid another big egg last night. Coach is not going to be very happy today at practice. All teams go through bad spells, better now then later, but still not looking very good recently.
Better step up their game tomorrow night against the Maple Leafs, I'll be there and I wont be a happy camper they drop another game.

I cant see them trading Poti, he is as good as what you will proably get back in a trade. Only reason if they do is to make salary cap room for Alzner to come up. Is Poti a free agent after this season.:shrug: Think Nylander will be gone by the end of today though.

Will you be in goal? :biggrin:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Coach is going to tweak his defense today. Watch for it. Laich admits they're still trying to be heroes instead of playing as a team. Okay....so....learn from your mistakes and STOP TRYING TO BE HEROES AND PLAY AS A TEAM! :clap: LET'S GO CAPS!!

OldHillcrestGuy

Will you be in goal? :biggrin:

:killingme No I wont be in goal, but will be sitting behind the goal, by the time the puck gets to me it will proably be fluttering and losing its velocity.:lmao: I should be able to stop it.

This season is my first for seeing a game at Verizon, this is my 3rd of 4 games Ill be going to this year, was a regular at Cap Center, but really there is not a bad seat in the place, unlike Cap Center where you could be way way up in nose bleed land.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
:killingme No I wont be in goal, but will be sitting behind the goal, by the time the puck gets to me it will proably be fluttering and losing its velocity.:lmao: I should be able to stop it.

This season is my first for seeing a game at Verizon, this is my 3rd of 4 games Ill be going to this year, was a regular at Cap Center, but really there is not a bad seat in the place, unlike Cap Center where you could be way way up in nose bleed land.

We haven't been to a game in a good while. Last one I went to was with my son and it was the last home game year before last. I like to be at ice level. :nomoney:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pots meet Kettle.... :killingme

Dont even act like the Caps fans are pure angles. I’ve been to their home games where they had been just as drunk and obnoxious...

Example... Some schmuck decides to throw his French fry basket, full of ketchup all over my (at the time) 10yr old brother, after a caps loss to the flyers... Such a big man he was, with his 3 other friends acting all tough over a mother, 10yr old son, 14 yr old daughter and me... Drunk asses were too stupid to see the cops watching them. Hope the cuffs fit nicely.

Not to mention the only fans that ever filled up the Caps Center/Verizon Center were the fans from the opposing teams... I loved heading to the verizon center and watching a flyers game break out. If it wasnt for our bus loads of fans (and Rangers, pittsburgh, Islanders, devils....) buying tickets, you wouldnt have been able to afford to pay your players.

Since this is a hockey discussion, I won’t even bring up the thousands of Drunk ass Redskins fans that force families to stay at home, because FedEx field has more violence and obscene language in the stands than it does on the field.

And you all think flyers fans are bad. :lol:
You say Caps fans are just as bad and in the same breath say they're nil in the stands. Sure it wasn't a Philly fan with the french fry basket?:lmao:

nw2ne

How about those trades? :popcorn:

I, for one, am happy with where we stand :yay:

Yea, I'd rather we kept the squad that we have now, then trade Flash and Fehr for 2 months of some defenseman. Hopefully we can get Pothier back, I think with him Alzner, Poti, Morrison, we'd be physical enough in the playoffs.

LordStanley

I know nothing
You say Caps fans are just as bad and in the same breath say they're nil in the stands. Sure it wasn't a Philly fan with the french fry basket?:lmao:

You are missing what Im saying.

Up until last year, you couldn’t give away tickets to a caps game. The opposing fans filled more seats than caps fan did.

Summed up by this great Article

Success, sellouts make Capitals in vogue in DC - NHL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

And the french fry incident was a few years ago. I still remember the dumbass in his Joey Juneau jersey... So, once again. Caps fans are no angels (I spelled it right this time Black Francis)

LordStanley

I know nothing
What Buddy said...took a shot to the top of his foot/ankle area at practice.

I wasnt sure what the "other" day meant... Monday? Tuesday?... :lol:

Either way, they look lost without him

***edit*** at least they are no getting thier butt kicked like my flyers... Had to say it before they rest of you jackels jumped on the chance. :biggrin:

Last edited: