Ovie

OldHillcrestGuy

Personally, I think you need a top notch goaltender. In the playoffs you need a hot goalie I just don't think Theodore is the answer.

Im kind of in agreement with you on that. Thats proably the weakest link at the moment. You dont want to see either guy get hurt, but the future in goal is that young Russian at Hershey who came up for 2 games and played great, I think you'll see him up in the big leagues next year.

Capitals proably have the best chance of bringing a champoinship to the city before any of the other pro teams here will.

Peter Forsberg

Im kind of in agreement with you on that. Thats proably the weakest link at the moment. You dont want to see either guy get hurt, but the future in goal is that young Russian at Hershey who came up for 2 games and played great, I think you'll see him up in the big leagues next year.

Capitals proably have the best chance of bringing a champoinship to the city before any of the other pro teams here will.
I think the Caps must win soon, reason I say this is how long can Ovie play at this level?

B

Beaver-Cleaver

:yeahthat:

And notice how little love they get? Typical Washington sports fans. :rolleyes:

They cheer endlessly for the sucky Wizards and they air all their games and put them on at all the bars - but no Caps. NBC Washington is the only local channel that gives them their dues.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

I agree with Forseberg - Washington's not a hockey town.

Most people I know that are into hockey around here are from Pittsburgh, Philly or Detroit. Washington sports fans would rather see someone bounce a ball around :bigwhoop: whoopie.

I was exposed to hockey down in Florida when they built a hockey stadium and hosted a minor league ECHL team. Exciting stuff. Hockey is the only sport that will ever be as exciting as racing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think the Caps must win soon, reason I say this is how long can Ovie play at this level?

He's a trans-formative player, in my view, meaning given his youth, his physical stature, he's simply built to be a long time player. He's going to be every bit as good at 35 as a Messier type; maybe not the sharp skills and explosive burst, but can still hit, still check, still bang one in or make a pass on the PP when you have to have it, still be a fundamental guy you can build a winner around.

In the mean time, given his youth, they need some more D and, perhaps, a better goalie and they have a good 7 year window, at 23 years of age, to do it with his present level of play, don't they?

Peter Forsberg

He's a trans-formative player, in my view, meaning given his youth, his physical stature, he's simply built to be a long time player. He's going to be every bit as good at 35 as a Messier type; maybe not the sharp skills and explosive burst, but can still hit, still check, still bang one in or make a pass on the PP when you have to have it, still be a fundamental guy you can build a winner around.

In the mean time, given his youth, they need some more D and, perhaps, a better goalie and they have a good 7 year window, at 23 years of age, to do it with his present level of play, don't they?
I saw him take a hard hit into the boards against Boston when Chara hooked him. He left the ice with an apparent shoulder injury but returned the next period. For CAPS fans sake I hope he stays healthy he is exciting to watch.

Peter Forsberg

Most people I know that are into hockey around here are from Pittsburgh, Philly or Detroit. Washington sports fans would rather see someone bounce a ball around :bigwhoop: whoopie.

I was exposed to hockey down in Florida when they built a hockey stadium and hosted a minor league ECHL team. Exciting stuff. Hockey is the only sport that will ever be as exciting as racing.
We had a ECHL team called the Ice Breakers that played in the Show place Arena for a couple of years. Those guys played really hard lots of checking and fighting it was awesome. We also could heckle the opposing team. :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I saw him take a hard hit into the boards against Boston when Chara hooked him. He left the ice with an apparent shoulder injury but returned the next period. For CAPS fans sake I hope he stays healthy he is exciting to watch.

Like anyone else, experience brings development of collision avoidance systems...

:lol:

He'll lose a step or two in exchange for keeping his head on his shoulders.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We had a ECHL team called the Ice Breakers that played in the Show place Arena for a couple of years. Those guys played really hard lots of checking and fighting it was awesome. We also could heckle the opposing team. :killingme

Yup. That was even more exciting than Cap Centre. Not a bad seat in the house. Vrai took me once.

T

toppick08

yep........................or a baseball town...how many they lose ?..:popcorn:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

We had the Everblades at a stadium by the outlet factory in Estero.

Those cats didn't care man. Lots of fighting. Fun stuff. :yahoo:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

The one, I think last name started with "V" was very sharp (thats who you're talking about I think), but it also seems like there was one other one that did very good who came up for a game or so. It's nice to know that we have future goaltenders with potential, for sure :yay:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

OK, but would you not agree we're much more of a hockey town than baseball? Or no?

IDK I think football and basketball are the only sports most people in DC care about.

Baseball's alright but you have to be there. Much more exciting than basketball. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a basketball game. :yawn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
IDK I think football and basketball are the only sports most people in DC care about.

Baseball's alright but you have to be there. Much more exciting than basketball. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a basketball game. :yawn:

I'd rather paint than go to a baseball game. I'd rather regrout the tub than go to a baseball game.

At least basketball has people doing something.