P90x...

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

workaholic said:
I might have enough space now that we got rid of our sectional. If I move the coffee table, it'll definitely work.

I used to go to the gym everyday, then come home and do about 30-40 minutes of cardio with light weights. After 2-3 weeks I could tell the difference and I started toning even more.

If your hubby would stay in town we would have the basement done already and have a place. :killingme

ill give ya a hand if it gives me a place to workout.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

ill give ya a hand if it gives me a place to workout.

Sorry dn. Pretty sure you won't look the same as Chasey & Tyky in spandex working out in my basement. :hot:

I am going to have to start charging. :lmao:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Mid way through my 2nd full week and I'm charting improvements in the amount of reps AND paying close attention to form. After the 1st 30 days I'll give a review of it to that point.

Favorite workouts:
Yoga 90 mins once a week
Plyometrics 52 mins
Kenpo (karate) 59 mins
Ab Ripper X 16 mins (don't laugh, you can't do it for that long either)

tyky

eieio
Mid way through my 2nd full week and I'm charting improvements in the amount of reps AND paying close attention to form. After the 1st 30 days I'll give a review of it to that point.

Favorite workouts:
Yoga 90 mins once a week
Plyometrics 52 mins
Kenpo (karate) 59 mins
Ab Ripper X 16 mins (don't laugh, you can't do it for that long either)

awesome can't wait to hear

warneckutz

My roomies picked up the P90X stuff... they've had it two weeks, I think they used it once so far. :lol:

It looks effective... don't think I'd ever try it though, I like having my rest between sets. :yay:

kom526

My roomies picked up the P90X stuff... they've had it two weeks, I think they used it once so far. :lol:

It looks effective... don't think I'd ever try it though, I like having my rest between sets. :yay:

Tell them they have to use it more than once for it to work.:lmao: I've lost 17lbs since starting P90X which was the 13th of April.:yay: 23 since the beginning of the year.

I burn around 500-700 calories per workout, and your not really lifting heavy, like you're probably used to so the rest between sets isn't that big a deal. (to me at least)

kom526

30 days will be up on Wednesday so here's my take on P90X:
WORTH ... EVERY ... PENNY

For best results, follow the Nutrition Guide closely (not word for word) you'll be able to adjust your caloric intake to make sure you don't crash during a work out. Ex. On "Plyo" days I know I need to have a huge boost in the evenings (700 calorie workout) so it's a banana and peanut butter sandwich to get me through the night. I'm eating 5-6 times a day and I'm still losing. BUT I am not as disciplined with the diet as I should be and after 30 days I'm 20 lbs lighter but I could be lower.

QUALITY OVER QUANITY! Do not feel like you need to have a lot of reps to get the results you want. Doing the exercises with the wrong form are only marginally more effective than not doing them at all and it increases the injury potential. Listen to your body, when it's time to stop an exercise then it's time to stop. There are plenty of suggestions for modifications for your experience and abilities.

Lots of positive reinforcements from the video and the website and their forums.

TIME- This program is time intensive 55 - 92 mins per day so if you decide to commit then make sure you allot enough time. Hint: Give yourself an extra 30 mins after for recovery. On the cardio days you definitely do not want to have to cut it short or pause a lot of times, you need to keep the HR up.

Results- I will not post any pics of my results on here, but suffice to say the weight loss is very noticeable and I am seeing improvements in lean muscle. I actually starting seeing results within 10 days, but that may have also been from "warm" muscles after working out every day. Trust me, you will not be sending it back because it's not working for you.

Fave workouts after Phase I:
Core Synergistics (Pilates from hell)
Yoga
Kenpo Karate (Even though some of the punch combos are confusing, I still like it.) Extreme Cardio here. My max heart rate last round 202.
AB Ripper X- You KNOW this one is working for you.

I'll be starting Phase II next Monday (I'm extending this week) and I'm adding an extra cardio session every other day. My goal is to drop another 7-10 lbs over the next 30 days and hopefully get rid of most of my last bad area before I hit the beach.

dn0121

About to hit day 60 kom, cant weight to read your results. Im on day 8 and lovin it. I saw you on the BB message boards to. How do you like that board?

kom526

About to hit day 60 kom, cant weight to read your results. Im on day 8 and lovin it. I saw you on the BB message boards to. How do you like that board?

I extended my phase II due to really slacking off over Memorial Day weekend. This will be my last week of Phase II and on to "recovery" week :lol: I'll be on vacation during Phase III Week 1 so I'm going to modify and tailor a week's worth of workouts that won't require weights. That is something I really like about the program is the way it can be modified to fit your needs.

I really like the BB boards, I get a lot of good info and encouragement from the folks in my group over there. The accountability chart we have really keeps you motivated because you don't want to see a blank spot by your name at the end of the day.

Keep bringing it, because you're going to love where this program is going to take you as long as you don't dog it.

capsfan78

I'm XRATED
I was on the P90X program for about a month, I definitely saw results. It really is a great series of workouts. My personal favorite was Plyometrics. I stopped after phase one. During my cool down week, I did the cardio DVD, and with all the kicks, jacked up my knee. Swelled up like a balloon for about a week/week and a half.
Lost the momentum, and now I need to get back into doing the exercises again. Maybe after I move into my house I'll get back on the horse, we shall see.