P90x...

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
quick question...when is the best time to weigh yourself to establish your baseline and to check for progress?

They say 30 days but I can't wait that long. :lol:

I am a once a week person and I do it in the morning. Usually Fridays at the same time each time.

Bigpops92

I guess I didn't word my question properly....what time of day would give you the most accurate progress snap shot?

dn0121

I guess I didn't word my question properly....what time of day would give you the most accurate progress snap shot?

P90X is not a weight loss program it is an exercise program. Ive lost body fat but not any weight. Get yourself a body fat caliper and just use that. Or just measure your chest, waist, biceps, hips, thigh, etc.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
P90X is not a weight loss program it is an exercise program. Ive lost body fat but not any weight. Get yourself a body fat caliper and just use that. Or just measure your chest, waist, biceps, hips, thigh, etc.

GMTA

B

Big Fatty

I've have read in the morning due to the least amount of water weight fluctuation at that time. Truth-be-told, though, any time is fine as long as you consistently weigh yourself at that time- every time.

You can also weigh before and after training sessions to help determine water loss and water replenishment needs.

B

Big Fatty

I've have read in the morning due to the least amount of water weight fluctuation at that time. Truth-be-told, though, any time is fine as long as you consistently weigh yourself at that time- every time.

You can also weigh before and after training sessions to help determine water loss and water replenishment needs.

I would also recommend weighing yourself no more than once per week. Too much variance in daily weigh-ins to see anything worthwhile.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm on the scale everyday right after the post work out shower which is within 45 minutes of the same time everyday. I don't get hung up on the number I see because I know I can see the differences that the scale cannot read.

I do put the calipers on me every 30 days and the completion of a P90X Phase.

dn0121

So I had 4oz boiled chicken breast and a 5 egg white omlette with sweet peppers, a spoon of greek yogurt, and muenster cheese (6 grams of fat and the most I've had today.)

I don't know how often you eat boiled chicken War but you can keep that. I need the smoke or bbq flavor. I did add a touch of hot sauce that has nothing to record.

Im still not getting my calorie intake where it needs to be. I don't know how to eat that much and still have high protein, low carb, and extra low fat. I can't eat that much flavorless food.

Bigpops92

Ok folks, my "gym in a box" arrived last night. I was thumbing through the diet plan book...are you kidding me? Do I have to live by the lean diet plan?

I am already on a lean diet with an intake of roughly 2000 calories a day. I try to eat smart and avoid the junk.

How important is it to stick with the P-90X diet plan? Not only does it not seem like enough, but it doesn't even sound good!

warneckutz

Ok folks, my "gym in a box" arrived last night. I was thumbing through the diet plan book...are you kidding me? Do I have to live by the lean diet plan?

I am already on a lean diet with an intake of roughly 2000 calories a day. I try to eat smart and avoid the junk.

How important is it to stick with the P-90X diet plan? Not only does it not seem like enough, but it doesn't even sound good!

I'm not sure what the P90X diet consists of but it depends on what your goals are. If you're looking to be extremely lean, gotta make the sacrifices.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The wife wants to lose the last pounds from the baby and the treadmill alone just isn't doing it right now. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick it up off ebay and start the nutrition guide part of it first then get into the serious stuff. When bob and bg's party rolls around, maybe I'll be all :hot: and stuff.:lmao:

I read the entire thread and I don't think you mentioned whether or not your wife is doing it also. If so, how are her results? The last few pounds of baby weight are always the toughest (atleast they were for me). By the time I lost it from the first one, I found out I was pregnant with the second one. :lol:

dn0121

Check out the beach body forums for more information. Maybe people stick with phase 1 for only a week or two and then move to phase two.

I don't have my guide in front of me but I know I have trouble reaching 2800 calories a day.

warneckutz

So I had 4oz boiled chicken breast and a 5 egg white omlette with sweet peppers, a spoon of greek yogurt, and muenster cheese (6 grams of fat and the most I've had today.)

I don't know how often you eat boiled chicken War but you can keep that. I need the smoke or bbq flavor. I did add a touch of hot sauce that has nothing to record.

Im still not getting my calorie intake where it needs to be. I don't know how to eat that much and still have high protein, low carb, and extra low fat. I can't eat that much flavorless food.

It doesn't have to be totally flavorless. There's some marinades at the store that work pretty well that are low carb/sugar/fat. Look at some of the asian mixes... some are actually low in sodium plus they're low in the carb content. I'm about to jump off most of it and use some Mrs. Dash for the next week or so, then it's totally plain for the last 48 hours... that really is tough.