Panera Bread people

C

czygvtwkr

I have a question about that:

Is it customary to share your table if you aren't using the whole thing? I know they do this a lot in Europe, but I have never heard of that in the US. When I go to lunch or dinner by myself, I take up one seat out of two or four at my table and do not expect to have strangers joining me.

I have shared tables with people at places like disney world and outlet mall food courts. All it takes is someone to ask, I don't want some smelly freak sitting across from me but it has always been a nice older couple or a nice looking woman with a couple well behaved kids.

terbear1225

If I were to go to Panera Bread to utilize their free wi-fi for a period of time longer than 30 minutes, I would most certainly go after the breakfast rush and before the lunch rush and after the dinner crowd, so as not take up valuable real estate from the lunch crowd who might wish to actually eat their meal at a table.

I see the need where it might be necessary to use their wi-fi for a few hours, but it would be best to avoid doing that when the restaurant is at their maximum capacity at lunch time.

What fun is it to order your lunch, pay for it, wait for its' preparation, only to wander around searching for a place to eat it, when Table Hogs park themselves at peak times?

But that's just me.

:yeahthat: i have had summer tutoring sessions at Panera, years ago when my classroom was unair conditioned and miserable in the summer. These sessions were always around 2 oclock when the place wasnt busy. I would never have dreamed of just chilling out at lunch time taking up space unnecessarily. Just becuase i might have a right to do something doesnt mean its not rude to do so.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:yeahthat: i have had summer tutoring sessions at Panera, years ago when my classroom was unair conditioned and miserable in the summer. These sessions were always around 2 oclock when the place wasnt busy. I would never have dreamed of just chilling out at lunch time taking up space unnecessarily. Just becuase i might have a right to do something doesnt mean its not rude to do so.

There's still hope for America yet. That's the way I and my lovely bride were raised and we passed this trait along to our children.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If I were to go to Panera Bread to utilize their free wi-fi for a period of time longer than 30 minutes, I would most certainly go after the breakfast rush and before the lunch rush and after the dinner crowd, so as not take up valuable real estate from the lunch crowd who might wish to actually eat their meal at a table.

I see the need where it might be necessary to use their wi-fi for a few hours, but it would be best to avoid doing that when the restaurant is at their maximum capacity at lunch time.

What fun is it to order your lunch, pay for it, wait for its' preparation, only to wander around searching for a place to eat it, when Table Hogs park themselves at peak times?

But that's just me.

The Books-A-Million store in the 'Dorf allows people to sit in their coffee shop, use the Wi-Fi (pay for it daily or free if you have their loyalty card) all day long if you wish. Street people come in, nap, talk, read the newspaper and never spend a dime. People who counsel (for the gummint) jobless and too-lazy-to-work people set up shop and hold regular office hours. I've even seen someone who resembles The Boy in there a few times.

NurseSherri

:whew: Good thing your name is not Sherri. :coffee:

How did I get pulled into THIS?! HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!! Of course, I was thinking, how the H#LL did I get slammed for complaining about cable prices when there are threads like THIS?? Panera encourages the laptop/office/student thing... I've been to Panera in 3 different states and they are all the same... most people do share tables, too. I think it is nice. I'm not even touching the yoga pants thing...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
How did I get pulled into THIS?! HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!! Of course, I was thinking, how the H#LL did I get slammed for complaining about cable prices when there are threads like THIS?? Panera encourages the laptop/office/student thing... I've been to Panera in 3 different states and they are all the same... most people do share tables, too. I think it is nice. I'm not even touching the yoga pants thing...

:yay: Yep, exactly. Peeps post threads and complain about anything under the sun! :lol: