Panera Bread people

Caution

That's why when I read it I just ignored it. Anyone who would make statements like that is showing the world the core of their personality. There is no exchange of words that would take away the initial effect of the message that was conveyed.

Had he just said pet owners are nutz, I would have laughed and agreed. Anyone willing to offer so much love has to be nutz. LOL

But Common Sense and Decency? Those are not things I generally question when dealing with the average animal lover. Just not terms I associate negatively with animal lovers, and doubt I ever could.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
That is because you adhered to seating and internet use policy. Had you hogged a 6 person booth at 12:30 only nursing one of the free water cups, they would have told you to leave.

No, they are not in the business of 'providing a gathering place'. They are in the business of selling coffee and sandwiches. Being somewhat tolerant to people who just leech internet access and space from them while creating very low per-seat revenue is the cost of doing business.

It is up to management to enforce their policies. I wont ask one of the table-leeches personally to pack up their crap, you never know what kind of self absorbed crazies you run into. They are like dog and cat people in their lack of common sense and decency.

Clearly, you crotchety b!tchers have a hard time reading:

It does say on their website:

"We are an everyday oasis for our customers. We're the place people come when they want to visit with friends, hold an informal meeting or just enjoy some alone time. Come experience the warmth and welcome that make Panera Bread bakery-cafés a natural gathering place."

But then again, I'm understanding why all you whiners don't understand the multiple social uses for places like Panera Bread, bc noone wants to socialize with you anyways

:coffee: <---wearing my yoga pants. In Panera. Using the Wifi.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

But then again, I'm understanding why all you whiners don't understand the multiple social uses for places like Panera Bread, bc noone wants to socialize with you anyways

lemme go find my little people yoga pants and join ya' :howdy:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Credit card, asshat. Had to break it out. Sucks being unemployed, doesn't it. Opening up a bill to be payed once a month like Internet at home wasn't an option.

Am I the only one who finds this ironic? Don't you have to open a bill once a month to pay your credit card?

This isn't about "why" I was there all the time. It's about I had every right to do what I was doing and this OP seems to think I don't.

Actually, the OP wasn't referring to people who were considerate; they were venting about folks who take up 4 seats for 1 person during lunch hour, all splayed out with a computer, books & papers. I'm pretty sure you said you didn't do that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I went to Panera for dinner tonight and there were plenty of tables. You people are crazy.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Credit card, asshat. Had to break it out. Sucks being unemployed, doesn't it. Opening up a bill to be payed once a month like Internet at home wasn't an option. This isn't about "why" I was there all the time. It's about I had every right to do what I was doing and this OP seems to think I don't.
So, you bought food on credit was more important then rent and internet service, got it.

While I agree you had the right to hog a table for hours, take advantage and abuse a privilege that establishment provided doesn't mean it was ethical, but hey, you had the right.

You say opening a bill to be payed once a month like internet at home wasn't an option but opening a credit card bill once a month for over priced food was, again, got it.

And it is about why you were there, you made it a point to justify you camping out and being an oblivion.

My attitude is bc the OP seems to think that places like Panera are ONLY for HIS eating purposes. HELLO. They have free Wifi for a REASON. They ENCOURAGE customers like myself to hang out. As I stated before, I chose to go to Panera more often than not bc I was welcome there. I was NOT aware about the library options...sorry...new resident here too...Plus even now if I walk in the library I'm approached by icky men. I can't imagine spending the 4-6 hours in there. Also, their internet was incredibly slow. All those DoD applications could sometimes take a couple hours to fill out, really didn't feel like making them take 6-7 hours.

I NEVER said anything about Panera revolving around me or that my rights have priority. BUT PLEASE TELL ME...if I'm at a table first, why am I expected to move my #### bc you just bought lunch? So now you're the priority?

I already stated that if I was camped out there, I tried to take as little space as possible. In fact, on several occasions I shared my "table for two" with a single lunch-goer. I cared about others rights to be there but I'm not going to pack up all my stuff and go hang out in my car until the lunch rush is over. Don't patronize me and twist my words and make me seem like some ungrateful little ninny. I was allowed to be there so I was. End of story. If you're not aware of Panera's Wifi usuage, go make yourself.

And #### you and worrying about my budget. Some days all I bought were a couple cups of coffee bc buying a lunch was out of the question. I didn't sit there and buy 3 meals a day at Panera but there's no reason for me to have to spell out my budget. I bought "things" at Panera, I took up a table for two, if I was there for longer than maybe 3 hours, I'd buy something else. WHO GIVES A ####. You whiners need a life.

All I'm trying to say is I was allowed to do what I was doing, was far from inconsiderate, was a paying customer, and you people need to get a clue.
Wow, you sound like you have been the only person unemployed and needing free WiFi. Don't like going to the library, then get your own eff'ing WiFi, oh wait, I forgot, you have a right to sit in an establishment for four to six hours and hog a table......because you can't afford internet service (but can afford the food/drink there).

The reason why places offer free WiFi is to people can eat their lunch and check their e-mails and surf the web.......while eating their lunch. I don't think they offer it for people like you to camp out for hours and take advantage of their generosity. The reason why management doesn't say anything is because I don't think the managers want to deal with oblivion's who think they have the "right" to hog tables, they would rather just let the oblivion's be then deal with hassle because the first thing these oblivion's will scream is that they had a "right" and threaten a lawsuit.

People are allowed to do a lot of things, doesn't make it right or a "right".

And I think you are the one who needs to get a life, don't like people judging you, don't judge others.

thurley42

HY;FR
Some of you asshats are way too worried about what lucky bee does with her time.

I'm gonna work from Panera tomorrow from about 11-1. Come say hi. I'll have my crap everywhere.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Some of you asshats are way too worried about what lucky bee does with her time.

I'm gonna work from Panera tomorrow from about 11-1. Come say hi. I'll have my crap everywhere.

Most important question, will you be wearing yoga pants?

Caution

See that is the FAIL here. The term Social. For some it has something to do with the pleasure one can find in dealing with other people. Even it is just to have the pleasure of meeting them.

For others in has to do with the inconvenience of dealing with others. This world needs to work the way "I" say it should. Sorry but that is the way it's going to have to be.

Last edited:

ZARA

That is because you adhered to seating and internet use policy. Had you hogged a 6 person booth at 12:30 only nursing one of the free water cups, they would have told you to leave.

No, they are not in the business of 'providing a gathering place'. They are in the business of selling coffee and sandwiches. Being somewhat tolerant to people who just leech internet access and space from them while creating very low per-seat revenue is the cost of doing business.

It is up to management to enforce their policies. I wont ask one of the table-leeches personally to pack up their crap, you never know what kind of self absorbed crazies you run into. They are like dog and cat people in their lack of common sense and decency.

Sweetheart...you need to get out of your cubicle more.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
:cds: Good grief! Go to another place and eat for crying out loud if it bothers you so much. Like Vrai said - there's a sandwich place right across the street.

Geez, Louise!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
:cds: Good grief! Go to another place and eat for crying out loud if it bothers you so much. Like Vrai said - there's a sandwich place right across the street.

Geez, Louise!

maybe we should do a meet and greet there.... take up TWO TABLES.. and sit there for hours

:jet:.....